Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UrbanSea previously greetings' fresh start

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Atouchbetweenacara 28/1 2.10 Haydock
    Stake:7.50 each way
    Profit:365

Just put it up there first as they're gone in a few minutes. This horse is still qualified for novice hurdles and is come back to hurdles after running in some hot handicap chases. Obviously the most exposed and least improving horse in the race but 3 miles on heavy going isn't going to be easy for these stepping up in trip for the first time.

Aw now all of the above lose. Brrrrrrrrrrrrt.

If I backed every horse in the race I bet I'd still lose on them all.
    Lawl.
    Really temped to back two in this race but I'll just go for one for the moment.

Energiser 4.40 Naas 20/1
    I love these staying handicap hurdles. Heavy going over 3 miles is going to sepparate the fit from unfit and I wouldn't want to be on a heavy weight in this race,so I'm going to write off Rivage Do'r,my original selection. Last three runnings of this race have been won by 33/1,10/1 and 20/1 shots so favourite backers have been let down. My horse is rated only 101 and gets in with a weight of 10-1. Niall Madden is well able to ride a winner and this horse has shown it can handle 3 miles on heavy going. Disappointed last time out over 3 when well backed at 6/1 in a nice handicap hurdle aswell.Ran a nice race off a pound higher the time before that over 2 6 staying on. Still a maiden but hoping he can run into a place at least.

The other one I was going to back was Ballinahow Lady 14/1 but I'll leave it for the minute.

Stake:10 each way
    Profit:345

The price on this one looks a good one.

Matthew Riley 5.05 Market Rasen 6/1 S.B.
    Looks an above average bumper for a class 6. This horse won on its debut,won very well by 13 lengths at the end of last month. Was eased down that day so could have been 17+. Can't believe the price on it here,it it were trained by Paul Nicholls I've no doubt it'd be nearer evens.

Stake:30 euro

Gonna throw a small bet on marjac in the same race. A new comer from the Twiston Davies yard,who are well able to ready one. As low as 14/1,VC somehow have him at 40/1. Surely worth a bet at those odds.
    Stake:5 each way
    Profit:305

• Advertisement

Rose Bush 4.25 Kempton 12/1 bet365
    As low as 6/1 in places.Could be a decent fillies' maiden here with plenty of nice looking ones running. Going for a newcomer from the Marco Botti yard who are well able to produce a first time out winner. Sired by Pivotal,she's out of a French mare who won over 5 and 6 furlongs and was porbably aout listed or group 3 class. Breeding says more speed than stamina but starts out over a mile today. Has good each way claims.
    Stake:15 each way
    Profit:275

Jonny McGeeney 11/4 1.55 Naas
    Gamble has come for Jessica Harrington's horse who has ran in a few nice bumpers and had a promising start over hurdles. Mine is is starting to look exposed but looks up to winning a maiden hurdle,just touched off last time. No worries over the ground and looks good value at this price.
    Stake:20 euro
    Profit:255

Just heard that Willie Mullins isn't confident about the ground. I must have taken it up wrong.

Ah now I knew I should have put a bigger stake on. Ah well,good to get back to a winner.
    Profit:330

Verluge 2.10 Sedgfield 20/1
    Profit:310

• Advertisement

Race just going off. Sorry about the late bet. Looks a race between the top 2 but mine could get a place at a price. Richie McGrath here for one ride and has ok form to date.

UrbanSea wrote: »
    Verluge 2.10 Sedgfield 20/1
    Profit:310

That was an absolute waste. Was going to back the favourite aswell. Why I didn't take evens is a mystery to me.

Maggio 3.10 Sedgfield 5/2
    Stake:20 euro
    Profit:290

Going behind

That was a silly bet,I was just watching it said I'd put it on :pac:Winner did it very easily.

The rest of the bets lost.
    Taking a risk on
    Farleigh 15.00 Wolverhampton 25/1 S.J.
    Caught my eye there and I see that it's getting quiet well backed,as low as 14/1 in other bookies.Apprentice handicap here over 14 furlongs. The horse has been totally out of form of late. Very lightly raced for a 5 year old and won its maiden at the second time of asking for Andrew Balding and ran third in a class 3 handicap off a mark of 74. Downhill since then,and left the yard. Showed little 3 weeks ago when coming 12th over this distance at Lingfield but the handicapper can't help out any further,dropping the mare 12 pounds. Seven pound claimer on board and down 22 pounds from being placed in a much better race, if she has any of her ability at all still she could get placed.
    Profit:270

I just love watching that number dwindle.

Zalano 5.30 Wolv. 22/1
    Profit:250

Showed promise in 3 maidens last year,all around 6 furlongs. Kept on all of those times so the step up in tirp should be in his favour today. Battery about to gon on the laptop so must dash >:(

No time for a write up,the laptop is getting the last rites.
    Mr Emirati 6.00 Wolv 9/1 S.J.
    Profit:220

Having missed out on a 66/1 winner there and feeling sick because of it going for
    Amulree 2.40 Carlisle 33/1
    Profit:210

Having missed out on a 66/1 winner there and feeling sick because of it going for
    Amulree 2.40 Carlisle 33/1
    Profit:210

Showed nothing under rules but a runner up and third in points as recent as last month. This isn't a strong race and many have question marks over distance and ground. Comes in in good heart and able to handle the ground,could outrun her price.

Totally unexposed 4 year old who's just had 5 starts. Showed promise first time out in September 09 when running third in a mile maiden at Ayr. Came back a year later with a moderate run at Wolverhampton but won next time out over an extended 7. Must have shown potential for connections to keep him (Brian Smart is the owner too). Best form was last time out over this course and distance. Was beaten a short head off 3 pounds lower. Money's come for him and now 11/4 top price for tomorrow and still looks like an improver,forgiving his poor run the time before last,when clearly wasn't right.
    No time for a write up,the laptop is getting the last rites.
    Mr Emirati 6.00 Wolv 9/1 S.J.
    Profit:220

That's my last write up. Lost that race by 3 lenghts.Went up 2 pounds for that before disappointing next time,getting beaten by 6 lengths. Think he can bounce back,could be progressive.

• Advertisement

Zalano 5.30 Wolv. 22/1
    Profit:250

Showed promise in 3 maidens last year,all around 6 furlongs. Kept on all of those times so the step up in tirp should be in his favour today. Battery about to gon on the laptop so must dash >:(

Got backed into 7/1 and no show.

I fail.

This horse could cost me a fortune.
    Mr Emirati To be Placed 3/1 Betdaq
    Stake:50
    Profit:160

And Mr Emirati costs me a bomb.
    Wow the bank is coming down.
    Big bet for me here on the election.
    Michael Colreavy Sligo/Leitrim 9/4
    Stake:120
    Profit:40

PP are way off the mark with the price here.Leads the boards poll and in figures today in the Sligo Weekender he's getting in second.I'd a feeling a while ago he could go very well and word around town is a good one. If it loses I'll cry.

F.uck you boards I'm after spending the last ten minutes doing a write up then I got that stupid error message
    Il Duce 3.40 Donc.7/1
    Profit:10 euro

I'm not even going to attempt to write it again. Stupid **** pissing me off.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

hahahaha. i always ctrl + a then ctrl + c just in case!!! word to the wise :D if **** hits the fan then hit ctrl + v PROBLEM SOLVED :D

Aw bit late now. It was a nice write up too jive :pac:

Vic Venturi 3.45 Fairyhouse 13/2
    Wondeful game old chaser here. 11 year old who has had a great career and has made himself into a top staying chaser. Had a good season last year,he won the Beacher over the National Fences before landing a grade 2 over 3 miles at Fairyhouse last year(hmmm,that race sounds familiar,oh yes,it was this race). Was brought down in the National when beaten last year.
    Ran in the Lexus this year but don't look at that form. The horse is being aimed for the National this year and if he were to have run anywhere decent he could kiss his handicap rating goodbye. Now that the weights are out I've no worries about performing. In fact ran an absolute cracker last time out over hurdles to be beaten only 7 lengths over 2 and a half miles,a trip which is pushing his speed.
    He'll love a slog in the mud tomorrow and will stay absolutely every yard. Hopefully he can repeat his performance of last year.
    Stake:40 euro
    Profit:-30

Bollywood Style 2.20 Lingfield 6/1
    Looks a hard enough class 6 race to call. My selection doesn't have the most inspiring form figures beside her name but I wouldn't be deceived by that. Ran ninth last time out off a pound higher mark here but was only beaten 2 and a half lengths,in fact many of her races have been close finishes. She seemed in good heart though finishing second over 7 the time before. Yet to win over 6 but has had 4 second place finishes and numerous close runs. Could go well here.
    Profit:-30

Hawkes Point 5.25 Ludlow 10/3 V.C
    Staying maiden hurdle here and the top 3 in the market look like the only real winners.My selection has joined a top stable in Paul Nicholls following a P2P win back in May.My originial selection was the Irish Pointer Cantlow,but at about 5/1 he's just too short. Swingkeel is odds on following a nice start to his career over jumps but my selection could be anything,and couldn't be in better hands.
    Stake:30
    Profit:-60

• Advertisement

No Notions 4/45 Fairyhouse 13/2 V.C
    Doing what could be a stupid bet in the Hunters' chase as form can often be quiet tricky to read,but anyway. My selection ran twice last month,finishing second then winning a point by 4 and a half lengths with a distance back to third. Owned and trained by Enda Bolger who always does well with these kind of chasers. Nina Carberry jumps ship from his other horse to this one and that alone could be a sign. Gets the five year old weight allowance and so is the only horse carrying 10-8. Could go well.
    Stake:40 euro
    Profit:-100

Advertisement