Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UrbanSea previously greetings' fresh start

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

UrbanSea wrote: »
    Bollywood Style 2.20 Lingfield 6/1
    Looks a hard enough class 6 race to call. My selection doesn't have the most inspiring form figures beside her name but I wouldn't be deceived by that. Ran ninth last time out off a pound higher mark here but was only beaten 2 and a half lengths,in fact many of her races have been close finishes. She seemed in good heart though finishing second over 7 the time before. Yet to win over 6 but has had 4 second place finishes and numerous close runs. Could go well here.
    Stake:10 each way
    Profit:-30
    Second.
    Profit:-78.75

Vic Venturi is forth,and Il Duce pulls up.

I fail.

The remainder of the bets typically lost.
    Two bets for Kempton tonight. If both lose I'm keeping quiet.

Jack Rackham 8.05 Kempton 12/1
    Stake:15 each way
    Profit:-108.75

Songjiang 7.35 Kempton 13/8
    Stake:40 euro
    Profit:-148.75

Putting another 40 on the horse in the 7.35 with S.J,still go 13/8. Horse he beat won the race before,was 11 lengths clear with second.

And Songjiang obliges,thank god :D
    Couldn't believe the price,the colt was only given a rating of 69 after its maiden win!! Madness.

Profit:-58.75

• Advertisement

Marseille to beat United 11/5
    Stake:50

On the best run of the season. Just saw the United line up. Brutal is not the word. Think they can edge it by a goal.

Feeling much better now. Jack Rackham was second.
    Profit:-48.75

One last one for Kempton
    Inquizitress 8.35 Kempton 18/1 Sporting bet
    Is a 4 time course and distance winner and is rated 4 pounds lower than its lowest win mark over course and distance. Finished 6 lengths behind the favourite last time out but 6 pounds better off and dropped 2 furlongs in trip which is bound to help. Could go well and dangerous to dismiss.
    Profit:-78.75

L.O.S.E.R

0-0 draw,both teams were brutal.

• Advertisement

Calculating 3.15 Southwell 7/1
    Tricky looking small handicap race with just 6 runners over 14 furlongs. The obvious danger is the Prescott horse who is going for a four timer,but in my history of betting,no matter how well handicapped they may still seem to be,it's hard to get a four timer. This leaves good value backing against him. My selection has been running alright of late.Won over 2 miles here off a rating of 72 in August and ran well last time out over 16 furlongs off a pound higher. Consistent and may be well handicapped on previous form.

Calculating finishes second.
    Profit:-67.50

Elusive Warrior 4.50 Southwell 9/1
    Conistent gelding and always runs a good race. Placed in sellers last twice out and loves it around Southwell and has won 9 of his 10 races here.Last win came over course and distance over a pound higher in October.Price seems big for a course and distance winner of 9.
    Profit:-97.50

Ahhh misses out on a place,forth.

Two for Kempton tonight.

Abriachan 7.40 Kempton 16/1 V.C
    Profit:-127.50

Fox Hunt 8.10 Kempton 6/4
    Stake:160
    Profit:-207.5

Abriachan

Probably the most competitive race of the day but definitely value to be found and I think he's far over priced.Won over course and distance last time out and is carrying a 6 pound higher rating now. Has a rating of 68 now. Was rated as high as 82 after its maiden win but never could get competitive off that mark . Hasn't placed off a mark this high before but hoping that the win will have done his confidence good and can put in a good performance. There's about 12 others in the race in with a shot aswell but said I'd take my chance.

Fox Hunt
    It's actually funny I was only trying to think of this horse the other day but couldn't remember its name. I remember it winning its maiden in the summer and he absolutely blew the field away,and this looked a very good maiden.I had backed the Gosden horse who came second,but was beaten 8 lengths,and he was a winner next time out,and another next time out winner a length and a half behind. Still totally unexposed. Has run 3 absolute crackers in class 2 races off a mark of 91,including when beaten a short head behind Opera Gal in a nice Chester handicap in September,giving him 6 pounds.
    This could be a horse of group class and one I'll watch out for this season.
    Dirar comes over for Gordon Elliot and the obvious danger but doesn't have the potential of Fox Hunt to progress(wants further I think)

Oh and money often talks from the Johnston yard. The horse is being backed off the boards. Dirar was 8/11 this morning,is as high as 11/8.Fox Hunt was 11/4 this morning,best backed horse of the day.

Edit:13/8 now Dirar.
    I'm doubling on my stake. This could cost me a bomb.
    Profit:-287.50

Quick bet before the price may go.
    Colonial 6.15 Meydan 20/1 S.J
    Stake 10 each way
    Profit:-307.5

Godolphin have a 4 timer today and can't believe I didn't back Bay Willow.
    Twice a listed winner in France,ran well first time out at the Carnival. Not a good run last time but could bounce back and is impecabbly bred.

Aw well now,need I say anything other than what a costly bet.
    Backed into 8/11. Fingers burnt in an absolutely massive way all over the UK I'd imagine.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Letyourselfgo

UrbanSea wrote: »
    Aw well now,need I say anything other than what a costly bet.
    Backed into 8/11. Fingers burnt in an absolutely massive way all over the UK I'd imagine.

I was on it to, argh

One to watch next time out. Maybe needed the run.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Letyourselfgo

True a 160 odd days or sth like that off, another one to maybe keep an eye on is Evey P was 29 on betfair and the money came and it went off at about 9.0 and seemed to finish well on only it's 4th start, I put it in my tracker anyway.

Thanks for the heads up,will keep an eye out.
    I'll write up for this tomorrow.

Diamond Brook 4.35 Sandown 6/1
    Stake:40 euro
    Profit:-347.5

Diamond Brook
    Highly progressive novice chaser who has put up some good performances recently. Had two seasons over hurdles doing his running over 2 miles. Put in some decent performances,ran Pepe Simo to 2 and a half lengths. Best performance was probably running 8th in a grade 3 handicap hurdle over 2 and a half miles. Hasn't done much wrong over fences,winning his first two starts.Won over 17 furlongs before winning over 2 and a half miles on soft going.Ran well off a poung lower over 21 furlongs at Cheltenham last time,finishing a decent 5th,beaten 7 lenghts. Kept on well that day on good to soft like today. Track isn't as stiff with easier jumps. That race was up against much better competition. Alderbrook''s offspring get better with distance so the step up in trip is likely to suit and can go well.

Barbican 6.55 Wolverhampton 9/2 Totesport.
    Stake:20 euro
    Profit:-367.5

I'm absolutely gutted that I missed the price on Barbican. Just reading the RP and saw his breeding and came on and placed the bet. Best backed horse of the day so far,opened up at 10/1.
    He's out of the phenomenal Hurricane Run and is a half brother to a Grade 1 winning mare in the states and his dam was second in the Park Hill over 14 furlongs and second in a Listed race over a mile and a half. I don't even need to mention the Irish Derby and King George winner. Breeding suggests he'll be more of a middle distance horse but could go well today.

Sky bet last firm that go 3/1 Barbican,sticking twenty on. Absolutely backed off the boards.
    Has an Irish Derby entry I see.

Diamond Brook ran a shocking race.

• Advertisement

Gamble landed.Thank god.
    Profit:-197.5

Advertisement