Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UrbanSea previously greetings' fresh start

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Razor Royale Racing Post Chase 14/1
    Stake:15 each way
    Profit:-227.50

Razor Royale
    Had his finest moment this time last year when landing this race off a pound lower. Has Sam Twiston Davies taking off 3 tomorrow. I can easily ignore some bad runs this season as the horse clearly had this race targetted for this year. Down 7 pounds since it was put up after the race last year. Will stay every yard and has no question marks over the distance or going unlike a lot of runners in the race. Bold bid expected.

Duff 3.10 Lingfield 11/2
    Needless to say you aren't going to see the strongest of Listed races in February and so is the case here. A case can be made for a lot of runners in the field it's so weak but Duff comes over from Ireland from Edward Lynam's stable and always gives a good account of himself across the pond. Versatile in terms of trip,last seen when running to within a length of a Listed success at Kempton in December. Best performance when winning a group 2 and a group 3 at Doncastor and Tipperary respectively the year before last but put up some good performances last year.Unexposed at this trip but is a C&D winner back in 08 when tried. Think he has a big chace tomorrow against a poor field.
    Stake:40 euro
    Profit:-267.50

Price disappearing.

Ballyfoy 3.15 Newcastle 14/1 Totesport
    Profit:-297.50

UrbanSea wrote: »
    Price disappearing.

Ballyfoy 3.15 Newcastle 14/1 Totesport
    Profit:-297.50

Apologies lads,this price never existed so I didn't place the bet. Signed off when I made that comment and when i went to back the 14/1 on oddschecker,Totesport website didn't have any prices up for the race? :confused: 9/1 was best price and was too short.
    Profit:-267.5

• Advertisement

Halifax 2.40 Lingfield 10/1 Coral
    Looks over priced for this race. Only 5 go to post for this maiden. The filly made a nice debut last time out and looks the one to beat,even if she did finish behind Riot Police,but he looks exposed. This price is too big for Johnston's runner. Was beaten over a mile at Kempton in October and weak in the betting that day,and well known the yard will back a winner. Stepped up to a mile 4 will suit(he's a half brother to a group 1 Godolphin filly over the same distance.

Profit:-297.5

Duff ran a nice race and finished a close third and was only beaten a third of a length.
    Razor Royale came sixth,quite disappointing.
    Waveband was well backed into 9/2 and won,happy days.

Profit:-80

And Mr Emirati costs me a bomb.
    Wow the bank is coming down.
    Big bet for me here on the election.
    Michael Colreavy Sligo/Leitrim 9/4
    Stake:120
    Profit:40

PP are way off the mark with the price here.Leads the boards poll and in figures today in the Sligo Weekender he's getting in second.I'd a feeling a while ago he could go very well and word around town is a good one. If it loses I'll cry.

I must say,I'm quite partial to a winner. About time I had one too.

Profit:310

Some good racing at Leopardstown today.

Catch Me 2.20 Leopardstown 9/2 S.J
    Backed this horse last time out and I said I wouldn't again,but now that he's returned to hurdles he's tempting. Was a top class hurdler before he went over fences,including wins in the Hatton's Grace and the Red Mills. Can handle heavy going and I hope he's retained some of his hurdling ability,on a good day he'd be able to take this.

Stake:40 euro
    Profit:270

Cass Bligh 3.20 Leopardstown 14/1
    Unexposed runner here who's still a novice.Last seen at the end of October narrowly beaten in a Gr.C handicap hurdle over this distance. That form has been well franked,the second went on to be 2nd over fences in the Paddy Power at Cheltenham and the winner second in a grade 1. Up two pounds for that but could give a good account here. Over priced at 14/1,but is a very competitive race.
    Stake:25 each way
    Profit:220

• Advertisement

Ultravox 2.30 Towcester 12/1
    Looks a decent novice hurdle here and the odds on favourite is obviously the one to beat. I think mine is over priced here though. Won a juveneile hurdle over C&D at the start of January by about 30 lengths. Doesn't carry a penalty today and is bottom weight off 10-12,which could tell with novices on heavy going. Ran respectably since but could return to form here.
    Profit:190

Catch Me was third,missed the race but didn't sound like he was near anyway.
    Ultravox was well backed but came about 4th,the favourite went out to 2/1,if only I saw that.

Cass Bligh ran a nice race to finish second,thought he'd win at one stage.
    Profit:302.50

Osirarimix 3.55 Leop evens
    Stake:50

Going late,about to jump off.

Jesus Christ what a waste of money that was.
    Profit:252.5

Efistrom 2.30 Wolverhampton 11/1
    Always competitive races and this no different. The horse is in good form. Hasn't won since August off a mark of 79 on turf,but has been beaten just 1 length,3 lengths,3 lengths and 1 length last four times over this distance at Lingfield and Kempton. Down a pound for tomorrow's run and carries just 9 stone 1. Hayley Turner is riding well lately and could go well.
    Stake:25 each way
    Profit:202.5

Below Zero 3.30 Wolverhampton 11/2 V.C
    4 runner conditions race here. Two favourites are opposable to me. Dubai Hills is definitely progressive and has gone up 30 odd pounds for his wins in lowly handicaps. Captain Ramius is a danger and has been running well of late but my selection is still the pick at these weights. Looked a smart horse when running away with his maiden at the second attempt. Has contested some hot handicaps and best result came when picking up a handicap at Chester in June. Any market support would be very significant.
    Stake:20 euro
    Profit:182.5

Jesus talk about a close finish in the first at Wolverhampton. My horse was fifth but not even three quarters of a length behind.

Below Zero won,happy days.
    Profit:312.5

Shall do a bet on
    Barnum 5.30 Wolverhampton 9/2
    Johnston horses going very well and there was something clearly amiss first time out with this last,was beaten 29 lengths when sent off the 2/1 favourite just two weeks ago. Stepped up in trip and with the team going well,could put up a bold show.

Stake:20
    Profit:292.5

That one was a loser.

:(

Could be throwing my money away here but I'll take a chance on
    Tin Pot Man 3.55 Ffos Lass 20/1 S.B
    Hardly consistent but this 5 year old is totally unexposed,having just his eighth race today. Best form came over C&D in November when running second off this mark. Went up 5 pounds after that but showed nothing. That second was against better opposition than today and hopefully can place back to a mark of 105.
    Stake:10 each way
    Profit:272.5

• Advertisement

Art Scholar 3.45 Lingfield 10/1 S.B
    A horse on the back foot. Looked smart when winning first time out in August 09 by 5 lenghts before being turned over in a novice race. Ran in a few hotter handicaps than this before contesting sellers. However it was an improved run last time out and could be competitive off this kind of mark(33 pounds lower than after its maiden). Still unexposed and could go well.

Profit:242.5

Haha,both of them dead last.
    Raging,I was gonna back Spinning Ridge aswell :(

Old Benny 4.10 Folkestone 9/1
    Taking a chance here. Top handicap staying chaser who seems to have lost his way lately but coming down the weights big time here. Has been rated as high as 141 after winning a 4 mile handicap chase at Cheltenham before going on to come forth in the Scottish National. Off a mark of 118 tomorrow he'll have no questions about staying or conditions. Was fairly well backed last time out before pulling up off 9 pounds higher,if he's anywhere near his best he could go well. If being the word.
    20 each way

Bavarica 5.40 Kempton 8/1
    Favourite looks a solid sort but could be value in my choice. Comes here from a third place(was well backed that day) over 12 furlongs in January. Down a pound and stepped back to 10 furlongs which may suit better. Last ran over this distance off 4 pounds higher and ran a good race under tomorrow's jockey Adam Beschizza when beaten just two lengths at Doncaster and before that won at Newbury and second at Nottingham over the same distance. Could go well.

Profit:172.5

Bavarica 5.40 Kempton 8/1
    Favourite looks a solid sort but could be value in my choice. Comes here from a third place(was well backed that day) over 12 furlongs in January. Down a pound and stepped back to 10 furlongs which may suit better. Last ran over this distance off 4 pounds higher and ran a good race under tomorrow's jockey Adam Beschizza when beaten just two lengths at Doncaster and before that won at Newbury and second at Nottingham over the same distance. Could go well.

Profit:172.5

The bet is going to revert to SP. Rule 4 over 25p reverts to SP.

Reasoning to come.
    Memphis Man 4.30 Wolverhampton 12/1 S.B
    Profit:152.5

Tenspinhits 4.15 Downpatrick 18/1 V.C
    Always risky to back hunter chases but going for this primarily for the jockey booking. Horse has pulled up twice follwing a win but showed better form last time out to be third in a point to point. Derek O'Connor is the best jockey in the game and worth backing blindly.

Stake:7.50 each way
    Profit:137.5

Reasoning to come.

Going to be tricky to beat the favourite with a penalty being carried following his victory at the weekend but my horse has been running well of late. Runs off 51 today with a 7 pound claimer who's sat on him several times. Was only beaten a length and two lengths the last two races over this distance and is down a pound since and could go well in what looks a race with no real strength in depth.

Silk Lingerie 6.00 Wolverhampton 25/1 Totesport

Just sticking a small bet on this filly. Nicely bred,sister to a few winners. This an incredibly weak race and just over priced.
    Stake:10 euro
    Profit:127.5

• Advertisement

Old Benny 4.10 Folkestone 9/1
    Taking a chance here. Top handicap staying chaser who seems to have lost his way lately but coming down the weights big time here. Has been rated as high as 141 after winning a 4 mile handicap chase at Cheltenham before going on to come forth in the Scottish National. Off a mark of 118 tomorrow he'll have no questions about staying or conditions. Was fairly well backed last time out before pulling up off 9 pounds higher,if he's anywhere near his best he could go well. If being the word.
    20 each way
    Pulls up
    Reasoning to come.
    4th,will win soon.
    Tenspinhits 4.15 Downpatrick 18/1 V.C
    Always risky to back hunter chases but going for this primarily for the jockey booking. Horse has pulled up twice follwing a win but showed better form last time out to be third in a point to point. Derek O'Connor is the best jockey in the game and worth backing blindly.

Stake:7.50 each way
    Profit:137.5

Still running.

Advertisement