Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UrbanSea previously greetings' fresh start

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

That was a strange ride,and I don't like to blame jockeys.

Adding to my very few Cheltenham bets.

Reve De Sivola 2.40 Cheltenham 10/1 S.B
    Was a top class hurdler who I've backed a few times. Was second to Peddlers' Cross last year at the festival over 2 and a half miles and kept on. Then went on to win a grade 1 hurdle at Punchestown over the same distance. Hasn't set the world alight over fences last night but hadn't a chance last time out. Was running against speed horses and was screaming out for further. Steps out of novice company tomorrow and has already won over Cheltenham fences,which is a big deal for me. Mark of 140 could underestimate him. Hoping for a good run.

Stake:25 each way
    Profit:-142.5

Another Jewel Cheltenham 4.00 16/1 William Hill
    I think this is a cracking each way bet. Progressed well last year when switched to cross country races and the best run he put up was when forth in this race last year off the same mark.Won a point to point prior to going over to Cheltenham and only got beaten five lengths into forth.Then went on to run sixth in the Punchestown race. Ignore his run last month over 2 and a half miles. Pulled up but getting out there will have done him the world of good,and hoping for a nice run here.
    Stake:15 each way
    Profit:-172.5

UrbanSea wrote: »

Was a top class hurdler who I've backed a few times. Was second to Peddlers' Cross last year at the festival over 2 and a half miles and kept on. Then went on to win a grade 1 hurdle at Punchestown over the same distance. Hasn't set the world alight over fences last night but hadn't a chance last time out. Was running against speed horses and was screaming out for further. Steps out of novice company tomorrow and has already won over Cheltenham fences,which is a big deal for me. Mark of 140 could underestimate him. Hoping for a good run.

Ah at least got a place.
    Profit:-85 euro

I forgot to put the 30 back into the profit that I get back from Starluck not going in the champion hurdle.
    Profit:-55

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭fkiely

Well done mate.

Thanks Kiely,nice to get a place anyway.

I've been saying it all day so may as well put my money where my mouth is.

Mille Chief 14/1 Champion Hurdle
    Ran a nice race to beat Celestial Halo last time out(pair clear) and boosted that form when winning over 2 and a half. Will be a tricky race here but looks like a big improver. Only a 5 year old so might be a bit young but could go well,better ground will suit too.
    Profit:-85

Mille Chief never ran,but absolutely delighted to see the Fly win. Come on!!!

Another Jewel never got into it either.

• Advertisement

Quevega 4.40 Cheltenham evens Betfair
    I've been waiting for the price to get bigger but isn't looking like it will. Doesn't need a write up. The best filly by a mile in jumps racing and going for 3 wins in a row in this race. All other fillies will need to improve no end to beat her. Lack of run no worry this year she did the same last year. Very very good show expected.
    Stake:170

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Letyourselfgo

I've been waiting for the price to get bigger but isn't looking like it will. Doesn't need a write up. The best filly by a mile in jumps racing and going for 3 wins in a row in this race. All other fillies will need to improve no end to beat her. Lack of run no worry this year she did the same last year. Very very good show expected.

I was seeing what I could afford to put on it, so throwing €60 on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Letyourselfgo

That's nice :D well done man

That's nice :D well done man

Thanks boys,all of Ireland were on it by the sounds it :D

Profit:85

At least back in profit.

Might be throwing my money away here but if you're not in you can't win.

Straw Bear 4.00 Cheltenham Coral Cup 50/1 SportingBet (5 places,1/4odds)
    Think this horse is immensely over priced,as low as 25/1 with Coral. Comes in here after a few goes in novice chases and comes back over hurdles with a rating of 135.Was a top class hurdler a few years ago,and gained a rating of 164 at his height. Has some decent course form,when he finished second in the '06 Supreme Novice. Doesn't have that kind of pace nowadays and 2 miles 5 is probably better for him. Last ran over hurdles in December 09 finishing behind Go Native off a 15 pound higher mark. Could run into a place.
    Stake:10 each way
    Profit:65

After a huge feed. Ohhh yes.

Chamirey 1.30 Cheltenham National Hunt Chase 20/1 Stan James
    S.J are only paying 3 places but going to take the risk. Another horse that I tend to back ever since I saw it beat Tricky Trickster in a novice hurdle at the start of last year. That was over 3 miles 3 and has been a real stayer since. Ran a nice rice to finish third last year in the Pertemps. Has been good over fences so far but his jumping has been amiss in some. However,he has won twice over 3 miles by 27 lengths and a distance. If he jumps better tomorrow he could put up a big show and is still unexposed over fences,and hoping for a big run.
    Profit:35

No reasoning as yet. Have an economics mock in the morning so going for a poo and then bed <3

Captain Cee Bee Champion Chase 11/1 S.B
    Stake:17.50 eaach way
    Profit:0

No reasoning as yet. Have an economics mock in the morning so going for a poo and then bed <3

Hopefully some winners today.
    Arkle winners have quite a good record here so Somersby and Sizing Europe have to be respected following a good run in it last year. Captain Cee Bee went in favourite but burst blood vessels. Showed better form first run this year when back to winning ways following his win in the Ryanair at Punchestown last April. Has some very strong Cheltenham form having won the Supreme Novice in '08 from no other than Binocular himself. Will love the ground and could be a forgotten horse in this race.

Wayward Prince RSA Chase 2011 14/1 NRNB
    Can be got with one firm at 20/1,and again,likely to turn up here but knowing my luck he wouldn't if I didn't go NRNB. Has been everything that's been asked of him over fences. Won his first start at Huntingdon nicely and won a novice chase over 3 miles here last time. Looked like Chicago Grey was going to beat him at one point before falling,but Wayward Prince wasn't exactly screwed. Think course form is big in chases around Cheltenham and I would love to back the favourite,but 3/1 is far too short. This looks a nice each way bet for me.Made a nice novice hurdler including a grade 1 win at Aintree last year and is quick to be moved on to fences and I hope he can make a nice chaser too.
    Bal:-130

All in all not a bad day. Missed the racing,but by the sounds of it Wayward Prince could have won it if the line was a few more strides away. Ah well two placed efforts.

Profit:200

Edit:By the sounds of it he wouldn't but he stayed on well.

• Advertisement

I think this is one cracking bet.
    Reasoning to come at a later stage.

Voy Por Ustedes 2.40 Cheltenham Ryanair Chase 16/1 V.C
    Profit:150

Quick one for the bumper.

Dynamic Approach to be placed 18/1 Betfair
    Was no match for Raise the Beat having been a very well backed favourite in October in what was his second start. However,hadn't raced since February and Eddy Hales' horses are always one to be careful of in a bumper. Robbie McNamara takes the ride and one of the best for bumper horses,could easily see him outrunning his odds and hopefully sneak a place.
    Stake:20 euro
    Profit:130

Now about 11/1 to be placed,hoping for a good run.

Now about 11/1 to be placed,hoping for a good run.

Nowhere.

Have another one for today,again reasoning to come.

Mr Gardner 1.30 Jewson Novice Chase 13/1
    Stake:20 each way
    Profit:90

Bible Lord 4.00 33/1
    Profit:60

I think this is one cracking bet.
    Reasoning to come at a later stage.

Voy Por Ustedes 2.40 Cheltenham Ryanair Chase 16/1 V.C
    Profit:150

An absolute top class horse over 2 miles or 2 and a half. Has won twice at the festival,having won the Arkle in 06 before winning the Champion Chase the following year. Best performance has to be in 08 beating Master Minded when MM was long odds on by 20 odds lengths. He beat him out of sight that day. The horse hasn't been since last year when disappointing in a handicap here,and had ran poorly the 4 runs before that,ever since winning the Melling at Aintree in 09. However,the horse was later to have about 4 injuries that were never picked up and they think it was picked up in early 09 when he finished 3rd behind Alberta's Run. Since moved to Nicky Henderson's and Cheltenham was never the plan for him,that if he was fit he'd go to Punchestown. However,he must be absolutely flying to send him here,and you don't supplement a horse into this for 15,000 GBP just for a run. Could go well at big odds.

Mr Gardner

Totally unexposed horse who has just had 2 runs over fences and and three runs over hurdles,not a lot for an 8 year old. Really caught my eye last time out when he was third in the Grade 1 Scilly Isle's chase behind Captain Chris(Arkle winner) and Medermit. Was beaten seven and a half lengths that day but ran a cracker until he nearly fell at the second last having nearly cut himself in half. Did well to stay on his feet that day and would have been much better positioned if he hadn't. Before that he won at Huntingdon by 30 lengths and beat Fistral Beach in a maiden hurdle at the end of 09 by a distance,and he's not a bad handicapper. Sure to run a good race.

Bible Lord

An exposed 10 year old who's having his thirtieth start over. Has contested some hot handicap chases before and over some much higher marks. He's down to a rating of 126 today but has been as high as 143 at the end of 09. Has been placed over course and distance off a ten pound higher mark. Has been in good form of late,finishing second last time out at Ludlow,beaten a head. Wasn't so good the last day,but has been backed the last twice into favourite,suggesting more was expected. Number 20 of 21 today so just carries 10-5,and hopefully can run a nice race.

Just got a tip for Holmwood Legend in the 4pm race tomorrow. My brother is sitting with Patrick Rodford, the trainer, as we 'speak' in his hotel in Cheltenham and he told him that the horse has got a cracking EW shot at least but that they are seriously expecting the horse to win. He also said to take whatever price ya can get which probably suggests it may be gambled on tomorrow?!?! 20/1 with Powers at the moment.. Good luck if anyone does back it anyway and hopefully he's not just telling my brother this to shut him up :)

Tenner each way for the interest with Sporting bet 33/1.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭AdpRo

Tenner each way for the interest with Sporting bet 33/1.

Nice tip, any more of them for today!

Advertisement