Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UrbanSea previously greetings' fresh start

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Thanks Weetabix,a load of people around here were on,someone posted it in the horse racing forum! Was dying yesterday,couldn't even log in.

Thank god for Holmwood Legend.

Profit:472.50

Short write ups,literally only looking at the racing for the first time today.

He's A Delight 2.30 Gowran 7/2 V.C
    Unsurprisingly for this time of year it's a very weak maiden hurdle. This horse goes over jumps for the first time under rules but won his last three points to points. Did well in 3 bumpers,absolutely slamming the field in the last at Gowran last month. Booking of Paul Townend catches the eye and sure to run well in a race like this,stepped up in distance.
    Stake:40 euro
    Profit:432.50

I think that's all for me today. Some poor racing. Was going to go Halcon Generladais each way in the Uttoxeter National but couldn't back a lot of them with much confidence.

A well backed second.Thank God I didn't back Halcon.

• Advertisement

Claiomh Solais 5.45 Curragh 2/1
    Not too much you can say about this one. Bolger's horses go well this time of year and he's taken this maiden for the last two years in a row. Smartly bred,sister to Gile na Greine and Cuis Geire. Strong in the market.

Stake:50 euro
    Profit:382.50

Only manages second.

Athakeel 2.20 Wolverhampton 12/1
    Has been in good heart of late and slowly been coming down the weights for some decent runs. Last run was a close up third over course and distance. Now down to a mark of 61,and was only beaten 3 lengths off a mark of 65 over course and distance back in January. Can tend to be slowly away as seen the last day but can go well off a quick gallop and could be a good bet for a place today.
    Stake:15 each way
    Profit:352.5

Aw now,how sickened am I. I was going to come on and back Dandy Nicholls' horse in the maiden at Southwell and didn't,wins at 33/1 :(

That horse yesterday was third and traded at about 1.14 :(

Thoughtsofstardom 5.10 Southwell 16/1 V.C

Down to a low mark of 50 and has won off a mark as high as 66 in the past. Has come down from an AW rating of 67 in the last few months and has been running well of late.Last C&D win came off a mark of 53 and was beaten a neck off this mark a few outings ago over this C&D. Could go well in a wide open race and isn't a 16/1 shot to me.

Stake:20 each way

Profit:363.5

• Advertisement

Tarabela 4.10 Exeter 15/2 V.C
    Just can't believe the price here. Ran a poor race when making its chasing debut time before last at Taunton but defied odds of 28/1 when beating a decent field last time out over 2 furlongs less. Ran well that day and a mark of 100 looks fair for a nine length victory and could be more to come in not the strongest field in the world.
    Profit:322.5

A faller and a fifth.
    Brrrrrrrrrrrrt.

Cavalry Gaurd 9.20 Kempton 14/1

Even for a class 7 race this is weak and so probably best to go with someone at least in decent form. Hardly consistent,and on a long losing streak since December 08 but has had a few second placing since. Won off a 1 pound lower mark at Lingfield earlier in the month behind Spinning Ridge,and that looks the best form on offer here. Has a good draw and could go well.

Profit:292.5

My Way De Solzen 5.20 Hereford 3/1 PP
    Looks a decent hunter chase with the top three in the market. My selection was a real cracker when running under graded company,and is a winner of the World Hurdle and then the Arkle at Cheltenham in his prime. Has gone down hill since and hasn't been seen on a race course since 09,but has been in good heart of late in point to points and hasn't finished out of the first two in his four runs. Won ten days ago and sure to give a good account of himself here.

Stake:30 euro
    Profit:262.5

Head Hunted 4.05 Warwick 2/1
    Only two runs to his name and this is likely to be a tactical affair with just 3 horses. This fella was a fair handicapper on the flat and ran a nice race first time out in a maiden hurdle behind Dhaafer,who went on to be third in the Fred Winter at Cheltenham. Wasn't right next time out when beaten about 50 lengths when 5/4 favourite. Still unexposed and gets over a stone from his other two rivals and hoping for a big run.

Stake:50 euro
    Profit:212.5

Head Hunted disappoints but the other wins,drifted like a barge out to 9/2 :D

Profit:377.5

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

How was My Way De Solzen aloud go off at 9/2? Not that I'm complaining mind :D but even at 11 it is still in a different league to them lot. Nice one. :)

Thanks Johner,know well,couldn't believe the price. Pity I didn't see it before,might have gone in again. Still,not complaining.

I've been waiting for this to go odds against all day.

Tropical Beat 6.50 Kempton 6/4 Extrabet
    Off since Halloween when he made a highly promising debut over a mile when trained by Hughie Morrisson,finishing a close up 5th,beaten under three lengths. Step up in trip likely to suit judging by the way he kept on that day. Now switched to John Gosden's yard and lack of fitness wouldn't be a fitness,his horses are always in top form. No superstar looking contenders in this field and the main market rival,Peachez,had a horse ahead of him who my selection had six lengths behind on debut.Big bet.
    Stake:120
    Profit:257.5

Aw now. What can I say,what a brutal run.

• Advertisement

No luck gentle fellows.

Eljowzah 3.00 Lingfield 6/1

Looks a decent fillies' maiden now that the good three year olds who hadn't many runs at 2 are coming back out. If I recall correctly,Clive Brittain's horses were absolutely flying this time last year,although he had more runners. Booking of Philip Robinson is definitely a good one and this filly showed some form when midfield in a Newmarket maiden last summer. Hasn't been seen since but step up in trip likely to suit and there's money for here.

Profit:217.5

Lastkingofscotland 4.10 Lingfield 12/1

Typically a smart bred gelding having been trained by Charles O'Brien originally running in his father's colours and was once a smart colt,getting a rating of 94. Obviously gone down hill since then but has come to a mark of 77. Showed good form last time out in a claimer over course and distance,beating Northern Dare. Before that he showed good attitude in winning over a furlong furthher here in January under Hayley Turner,and only gone up 3 pounds since. Has ran well in all of about the last 9 races for him. Harder today but over priced.

Stake:25 each way
    Profit:127.5

Typical,just out of the money in forth. No luck wioth the other fella. Enjoying the Dubai racing here.

Strawberrydaquiri 3.45 Meydan 25/1 William Hill

Overpriced with Coral but is definitely a wide open race. Was a top filly when trained with Michael Stoute in Britain and contested some of the top filly races over the summer and ran well in all of them,including when winning a Gr.2 at Royal Ascot. Hard to read a lot of form here but could run a place.

Profit:97.5

Can't believe that this fella isn't favourite.

Cape Blanco Dubai World Cup 9/2

First year that Coolmore horses have gone over to Meydan and Master of Hounds has already shown earlier on that the horses will be in top form. Running here for the largest prize in racing the world and will be up for this. Was one of the best 3 year olds in training last year,won the Dante,Irish Derby and Irish Champion Stakes. Was well held in the Arc last time but had a long season. Big chance.

Gonna have ten each way on Gio Ponti aswell. Consistent and over priced at 14/1.

Profit:37.5

Nothing. Backed the forth and fifth.

What an absolute belter of a day. Dying for an ice cream.

Not a lot for today,just the one.

Casimir Road 5.30 Leopardstown 22/1 V.C

Looks the best maiden race of the season so far and so probably a long shot but I just can't believe the price of this fella. He's only 8/1 with Bet365. Unraced,and is going to be very hard to beat O'Brien's horse who made a very good impression first time out. However,Ballydoyle horses tend to be slow at this time of year,but has been better this year. However,Bolger's horses are flying and had 2 first time out winners already this season. This colt is well bred,by High Chaparall out of a Danzig mare. Top connections all have a runner in this race but can't ignore a price that big.
    Stake:18.75 each way
    Profit:0

Nothing

Bog Warrior 5.25 Cork 3/1 W.H
    Haven't much time for a write up but ran well before falling on his hurdles debut last time out when he fell at the last. Was third at that stage but had every chance up until then. That looks a better race than today and the step up in trip should be no harm for him.

Stake:30

• Advertisement

Finally a winner.
    Profit:90 euro

Advertisement