Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UrbanSea previously greetings' fresh start

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Oldjoesaid 3.20 Musselburgh 6/1 William Hill

Looks like a tricky race it's always hard to pick out winners start of the season. This horse is dangerously well handicapped and is only rated 79 having been as high as 107. Was favourite last time out in a class 4 and has been running in class 2 races before last time. Won first time out in 08. Without a win since but 23 pounds lower. Could go well.

Stake:15 each way
    Profit:60

Going for a long term ante post bet.

St Nicholas Abbey Arc De Triomphe 33/1 Paddy Power
    Stake:25 each way
    Profit:10 euro

I just got some weird error message on my computer signing on here.Lawl.

Formal Bid 21.00 Dundalk 16/1

A tricky race but an incredibly poor one with horses just rated 47-65 and many of them are on a downward spiral so hard to pick a lot to fancy here. I'm going with this gelding. Showed nothing in maidens at two and came in to handicaps with a rating of 56. Hardly set the world alight but is down to a rating of 47 and Wayne Lordan takes the ride. Big step up in trip and should be fit from a run over hurdles last month, which is probably contrary to some other horses in this race.
    Stake:10 each way
    Profit:-10

UrbanSea wrote: »
    Oldjoesaid 3.20 Musselburgh 6/1 William Hill

Looks like a tricky race it's always hard to pick out winners start of the season. This horse is dangerously well handicapped and is only rated 79 having been as high as 107. Was favourite last time out in a class 4 and has been running in class 2 races before last time. Won first time out in 08. Without a win since but 23 pounds lower. Could go well.

Profit:60

Placed.

Profit:29.38

Commemoration Day 4.40 Stratford 7/2

Took advantage of a drop in the weights last time out when winning over course and distance last month. A rise of 6 pounds doesn't look to harsh and has won at this course three times so goes well around here.Job one was the other horse I was looking at but hoping for a good run from my horse.

Stake:20

• Advertisement

I knew I should have had more on it. A winner nonetheless.

Profit:99.38

Catalpa Sail 19.00 Dundalk 6/1 Victor Chandler

Looked a decent horse last year when running close in a couple of decent maidens but was expensive to follow. Was favourite three times. Last run came over course and distance in a maiden where he finished second. Was originally given a rating of 88 after his 3 maidens and is now down to a rating of 75 and has been placed off 88. Gets an 11 pound weight allowance here,the only three year old in the race. Can't ignore that combined with a 4 year old claimer on board.

Profit:49.38

Catalpa Sail 19.00 Dundalk 6/1 Victor Chandler

Looked a decent horse last year when running close in a couple of decent maidens but was expensive to follow. Was favourite three times. Last run came over course and distance in a maiden where he finished second. Was originally given a rating of 88 after his 3 maidens and is now down to a rating of 75 and has been placed off 88. Gets an 11 pound weight allowance here,the only three year old in the race. Can't ignore that combined with a 4 year old claimer on board.

Profit:49.38

Comes third.
    Profit:104.38
    I just got some weird error message on my computer signing on here.Lawl.

Formal Bid 21.00 Dundalk 16/1

A tricky race but an incredibly poor one with horses just rated 47-65 and many of them are on a downward spiral so hard to pick a lot to fancy here. I'm going with this gelding. Showed nothing in maidens at two and came in to handicaps with a rating of 56. Hardly set the world alight but is down to a rating of 47 and Wayne Lordan takes the ride. Big step up in trip and should be fit from a run over hurdles last month, which is probably contrary to some other horses in this race.
    Stake:10 each way
    Profit:-10

Wins at 20/1,beauty :cool:

Profit:364.38

Fun Affair 4.35 Kempton 11/2 P.P

Looks like a favourite versus second favourite fillies' listed race in my opinion. This is a totally unexposed 4 year old,having just her third start. Shaped with promise first time out before winning over 9 furlongs at Wolverhampton(2nd and third have won since) Not the strongest form in the world but is still quick to be stepped up in class and with a top stable and jockey. Favourite is too short for me,who hasn't won in 650 odd days and is frustrating to back,but her second to Aspectoflove is the best form on offer.

Stake:40 euro
    Profit:324.38

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Going for a long term ante post bet.

St Nicholas Abbey Arc De Triomphe 33/1 Paddy Power
    Profit:10 euro

Funny... i only suggested this exact bet today !!

• Advertisement

Haha did you? Just hope they aim him for it and not focus on the Australian horse they brought over. Mind you,they need a big win for Nic to go to stud,after all the hype around him it'd be a serious let down for Coolmore if he didn't get a big group 1,and has missed out on the Derby,and probably wasn't the true him in the Guineas.

Haha did you? Just hope they aim him for it and not focus on the Australian horse they brought over. Mind you,they need a big win for Nic to go to stud,after all the hype around him it'd be a serious let down for Coolmore if he didn't get a big group 1,and has missed out on the Derby,and probably wasn't the true him in the Guineas.

Will def be doing him ante-post before Sunday.
    As far as im concerned St Nic still has the potential to be a world beater. By all accounts from his work last year Murtagh maintained he was the best horse he ever sat on... some praise !!
    In hingsight, 6th in the Guinneas wasnt that bad an effort, beaten 3 lenghts on ground probably too fast and a trip on the shortside for a Montjeu.
    Im expecting big things.

I remembered him being interviewed after Jan Vermeer won at the Curragh before the Derby,and he did it very easy. When asked how he worked St Nic Jonny laughed and said he didn't.
    A piece of form I look at that I really thought could have been anything was when he won the Beresford. The second has gone back big time since but Godolphin's third went on to win the Criterium De Saint Cloud by six lengths but hasn't ran since. Could be very good if back to his best St Nic.

We shall see on Sunday.

Regards this Australiam hoese So You Think that Coolmore now own.. MACHINE !!!!!

Watch this 1m 2f :
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OD0r3wjO-Bc&feature=related

Didnt stay in the Cup last year but cruised around like a good thing : 1m 6f
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aD-HQ2tOJjc

Serious animal and serious win times !

Makes for some nice watching. Wonder when he'll be sent out first.

Any bets for the weekend Slattsy? Can't make head nor tails of tomorrow. Really fancy Bated Breath or Lovelace in the listed race at Donny

Entered in the Lockinge in May.

Agreed on Bathed Breath in what looks a ****e race. If there's a bit of money for it early doors i'll go for it, i like seeing Charltons horses backed, generally a good sign.
    In the lincoln maybe Sweet Lightning e/w with Murtagh on, his 3rd to Golden Sword in Dubai isnt bad form. Nothing big though, tricky race.

Think I'm gonna steer clear of it. Catcherinscratcher is really catching my eye in the 3 mile maiden hurdle at Gowran tomorrow. About 7 quid at 17/1 on BF at the minute,projected SP of 16/1. If I can get that I'll cry with happiness tomorrow,I'd have it at the highest half that price.

Catcherinscratcher 3.45 Gowran Park 14/1

Think this looks a great price for this mare. It's a competitive 3 mile maiden hurdle so there's value to be had. She was a good bumper horse for Eddie Hales,was second on debt before winning a mares' listed bumper over 2 miles at Navan on heavy ground.Has gone to Henry De Bromhead's yard since. Finished second first time out over hurdles over 2 miles 2 on soft to heavy. Then was out of her depth in a listed mares' hurdle but surely isn't as bad as the result reads that day. Stepped up markedly in trip but clearly does have pace and gets good/yielding ground today.

The Chazer 2.15 Chepstow 9/2 S.J.

Runs in a novice hurdle here after a good win in a handicap hurdle at Newbury over the same distance.Before that he came second at odds of 4/9 in a novice hurdle at Towcester,having come third in a Taunton handicap hurdle and just beaten in a maiden before that. Comes here in good nick and should run well.

Stake:20 euro

Sud Pacifique 4.15 Doncaster 8/1

A very good three year old maiden with some top stables represented. This horse came on the scene last year with a huge reputation and cost 600,000 euro as a yearling. By Montjeu out of an Anabaa mare,so is bred to be a star. Was beaten at evens first time out over 7 furlongs,a trip probably too short. Was then beaten at 4/7 over 9 furlongs,but that horse could be smart. Noseda's stable always in good nick and hoping he's matured enough over the winter. Still a colt so hopes are still probably high for him.

Stake:30 euro

• Advertisement

Slattsy wrote: »
    Entered in the Lockinge in May.

In the lincoln maybe Sweet Lightning e/w with Murtagh on, his 3rd to Golden Sword in Dubai isnt bad form. Nothing big though, tricky race.

Bollix i didnt do it !! :mad:

Slattsy wrote: »
    Bollix i didnt do it !! :mad:

Aw I was only thinking someone had said they'd back it,but couldn't remember.
    Man I had a bet written out for He's So Cool there and I didn't :(:eek:

Aw I was only thinking someone had said they'd back it,but couldn't remember.
    Man I had a bet written out for He's So Cool there and I didn't :(:eek:

Happens all the time !

Ah well,onwards and upwards hopefully.
    The Chazer was awful and catcherincracther didn't stay. Current profit with the two bets pending is 244.38

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭Brendygg

Sud won well!

I know well,couldn't believe the price! Going to be a 10 p deduction I think,must check.
    That could be a group horse I think.

15p deduction.

Profit:478.38

God that Gosden filly ran a brutal race. One for tomorrow.

Advanced 3.55 Doncaster 33/1 V.C
    Typically a wide open kind of handicap for this time of year. I always back this horse. Comes in to this race off bottom weight,carrying just 8-11,with Amy Ryan taking off another 3 pounds. Is well drawn in stall 10. Has come clambering down the weights,was last seen with a rating of 93. Has gone well fresh for the last two years. Last year ran 4th in a Lingfield conditions' race,but only beaten a length. The year before he ran second in this race under this rider off a mark of 95,from the same draw as tomorrow. Was rated as high of 114 before and can't believe the price he currently is.

Stake:20 each way
    Profit:438.38

I'm absolutely gutted that I missed the price on Barbican. Just reading the RP and saw his breeding and came on and placed the bet. Best backed horse of the day so far,opened up at 10/1.
    He's out of the phenomenal Hurricane Run and is a half brother to a Grade 1 winning mare in the states and his dam was second in the Park Hill over 14 furlongs and second in a Listed race over a mile and a half. I don't even need to mention the Irish Derby and King George winner. Breeding suggests he'll be more of a middle distance horse but could go well today.

Barbican 4.55 Doncaster 13/2 William Hill
    Is stepped up in trip having won nicely on his debut and gets in with a rating of 79. Could go well and could prove to be smart.

Stake:40 euro

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

Kevin Ryan wrote:
    Advanced
    8 b g Night Shift - Wonderful World

It is 18 months since his last wi, in the Totesport Heritage Handicap at Ascot when ridden by Amy. He went up for that and it has taken the handicapper a long time to drop him. He starts the new season off a mark of 90 and watching him work at home 'm sure he retains all his ability. I would like to think there is a decent race to be won with him this season. He is a very straightforward tide and Amy gets on very well with him

Don't know if that makes any difference to anyone....don't know why they bothered to print it in the first place but there you go.
    Kevin Ryan wrote:
    Our Jonathon

...never took off last year...suffered setback...got held up...back foot...final effort at Doncaster much more to my liking. ...gelded over the winter..appears to have helped him hugely...done well...it could be a good year...plan is to go to Doncaster..mark of 93, which judged on his juvenile form leaves him well handicapped. see how he goes this weekend but like all of mine he will improve for the run, but he is pretty straight

Thats much more informative.

Advertisement