Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UrbanSea previously greetings' fresh start

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Thank you Iain. I wondered what happened Our Jonathan,had the makings of a nice horse.

Where did you get those quotes by the way?Our Jonathan in from 14/1 to about 8/1

Going to be a 15p rule 4 in Barbican's race if it wins. That 13/2 looks good compared to best price 100/30 :cool:

Jack Cool 3.10 Limerick 5/1 Boyles

Joint best of these on ratings and Barry Geraghty looks a significant booking. Won a handicap hurdle in October before a mid field run last time out but will have blown away any cob webs.I got a good word for this from a reliable source and expected to go well.

Stake:40 euro

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭Brendygg

Great stuff!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭markc91

Thanks mate :D

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭Brendygg

On form today! cheers

Thanks boys,nice to get the two winners.
    Advanced was fifth. Totesport paid first five but it didn't say that yesterday :( Ah well. Will calculate profit now. The price disappeared on Barbican once the two were withdrawn and was then the best backed horse of the day.

Profit:859.38

Efistorm 4.40 Windsor 14/1 Bet365

A competitive race and I think it's best to side with horses who are at least fit at this time of year. Has had a busy winter running on the all weather but didn't notch up a win,but did have some good runs. Comes here with a turf rating of 79,which is ten pounds higher than his all weather rating but has won off this mark in August,and higher in the past. Has won this race three times in the last 4 years and hopefully will go well.

Stake:25 each way
    Profit:809.38

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Derek!

6/1 now :eek: hopefully the moneys going on this horse for a reason ;)

No luck,didn't even hear his name called.

Rate of Knots 3.30 Exeter 7/1 Bet365
    A real stayers' handicap chase here and probably best to side with one that has proven stamina for the trip. This horse ran a nice race last time out at Folkestone over this trip off the same mark,beaten just three lengths. Was friendless in the market that day and should come on for the run.That was on heavy ground but can go just as well on good/soft. Hasn't won since February 09 but is still lightly raced and unexposed.Could go well here.

Profit:769.38

Orpens Peach 5.45 Limerick 10/1 Boyles

Looks a typical weak handicap for a race for horses rated 47-60. Again for this time of the season the trend seems to be that horses who have been running over the winter have the advantage of fitness over those who haven't. This filly ran well in a few races over in England,including a win over this distance at Wolverhampton. That was under tomorrow's rider but 7 pounds lower.However,has been in good heart of late and with a good draw,and hopefully that recent run can account for something.

Stake:20 each way

Rate of knots is a non runner.

Gold Mirage 7.45 Limerick 6/1

Made a promising debut at the tail end of last month over a mile at Dundalk behind a well backed favourite where he finished fifth,beaten only three lengths. With the experience under her belt I'd expect her to improve,she's nicely bred by Galileo out of a Nashwan mare,so middle distances will probably suit her. The favourite will be tough to beat having rating of 86 but has been off nearly a year. She finished behind Pivotal Rock but he ran a poor race in a bumper first time out and wouldn't back confidently,and there was only three quarters of a length between them.

Vastitas 5.15 Limerick 13/2 V.C

Looks a strong fillies' maiden and going for Bolger/Manning combination again,hopefully it'll be a double. Comes here on the back of a break since November where she ran a nice race to finish second in a 20k nursery at Dundalk off a mark of 80. Had showed smart form in maidens,including where she was second on debut,behind Juliet Capulet who had been placed in a gr.3. Bit exposed but has the best form on offer and Bolger has made a good start to the season.

Stake:20 euro

Nothing at all.
    Profit:709.38

Punchestowns ToteBowl Aintree 6/1

This looks a weak grade 1. Don't think Denman is a good bet,I don't think he can be turned out as quick as he used to be and he had a hard race at Cheltenham. This course emphasises speed aswell,and I think he could be caught for toe on a flat track.

Nacarat is not top class and would have to be a poor race for him to win in my opinion.

Punchestowns hasn't lived up to his potential and was one of the highest rated hurdlers sent over fences for years having finished second in the World Hurdle. Never reached the standard expected of him but still has some solid form,and I said it on here before,this looks the perfect race for him. Ran a cracker I think at Kempton and was better the further he went. Flat track and fences aren't half as demanding as Cheltenham and I can see him running a huge race.

Stake:50 euro

School for Scandal 4.10 Beverley
    Most exposed out of these only seven runners in a 3 year old handicap. Took 7 goes to lose his maiden tag but has bumped into some nice horses,including one I've backed twice,the unbeaten Barbican,who won a handicap off a mark of 79. Beaten in two handicaps since his easy win in a maiden at Wolverhampton,beaten by the smart looking Sure Josie Sure and just failed last week at Wolverhampton. Is still a colt and has plenty improvement in my opinion and a mark of 77 could be conservative having seen the form boosted already.Doesn't bother me that he's weak in the market and that he's wearing the number 2 colours,I've seen before a Johnston horse be favourite with De Sousa on it and Fairley's horse won. If he goes in a point or two just before the off that would fill me with confidence.

Stake:30 euro

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

UrbanSea wrote: »

This looks a weak grade 1. Don't think Denman is a good bet,I don't think he can be turned out as quick as he used to be and he had a hard race at Cheltenham. This course emphasises speed aswell,and I think he could be caught for toe on a flat track.

Nacarat is not top class and would have to be a poor race for him to win in my opinion.

Punchestowns hasn't lived up to his potential and was one of the highest rated hurdlers sent over fences for years having finished second in the World Hurdle. Never reached the standard expected of him but still has some solid form,and I said it on here before,this looks the perfect race for him. Ran a cracker I think at Kempton and was better the further he went. Flat track and fences aren't half as demanding as Cheltenham and I can see him running a huge race.

Denman should win this really. 3 weeks break from GC is not ideal but he's so much in hand he doesnt need to be at his best.
    Does Punchestowns really stay 3 miles ? I doubt it.
    If im doing a bet i'll be going for Caroles Legacy.

School for Scandal is only third.

Slattsy I couldn't have Denman at that price,think the ratings flatter him,wouldn't like to see him turned out so quick.

Think Punchestowns will stay on a flat track,less demanding fences.Made 3 miles over hurdles around Cheltenham,wouldn't worry about staying I think.

• Advertisement

I wont be doing Denman man, even though i'd have priced him up at 4/6 with 6/1 the rest.
    It'll be interesting, alot will depend on the ground.

Fact that Barry rides Punchestowns gives me confidence. Apparently Yurgi was working with him when he was with Long Run.

Just saw this now.
    Can't believe it.

Master Minded Melling Chase Friday Aintree

God's County 5.35 Clonmel 17/2 Victor Chandler

Looks a decent enough maiden hurdle with some consistent runners although the main market ones do look exposed. This horse won twice in France before coming over here and was a very well backed 7/2 favourite on his first run but pulled up. More was clearly expected from him and has been off since the end of January,and hopefully can make amends.
    Stake:20 euro

Punchestowns is a bookies wet dream !!

Got a good run for my cash with Caroles Legacy, got it back with Baby Run, slightly up for the day.

I love losing money.

Aw stop Slattsy I know,swore I'd never back it over fences after today. I'd say we'll see him over hurdles next season.

I think Wayward Prince has now become my favourite horse over fences. Won't be backing him tomorrow but I think he has a real future ahead of him. Will do my profit now.

Profit:559.38

Not a good week,but at least my head's above water. If Backstage wins the National I'll be in dream land.

I've been waiting for this to go odds against all day.

Tropical Beat 6.50 Kempton 6/4 Extrabet
    Off since Halloween when he made a highly promising debut over a mile when trained by Hughie Morrisson,finishing a close up 5th,beaten under three lengths. Step up in trip likely to suit judging by the way he kept on that day. Now switched to John Gosden's yard and lack of fitness wouldn't be a fitness,his horses are always in top form. No superstar looking contenders in this field and the main market rival,Peachez,had a horse ahead of him who my selection had six lengths behind on debut.Big bet.
    Stake:120
    Profit:257.5

Costs me a fortune last time and goes out and wins at about 6/1 there :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭markc91

Great shout with Master Minded :D

• Advertisement

Fact that Barry rides Punchestowns gives me confidence. Apparently Yurgi was working with him when he was with Long Run.

Just saw this now.
    Can't believe it.

Master Minded Melling Chase Friday Aintree

I forgot to put a price up for this. I took 5/1. I don't get best odds cos it was ante post rules.
    Returns 250 profit

Advertisement