Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UrbanSea previously greetings' fresh start

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

markc91 wrote: »
    Great shout with Master Minded :D

Thanks Mark. You know what they say,class is permanent :cool:

Profit:859.38

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭markc91

UrbanSea wrote: »
    Thanks Mark. You know what they say,class is permanent :cool:

Profit:859.38

You not get the sp with pp i put a 5er on it and got 32.50 back

When did you get the bet on?
    I'd it backed ante post rules. Not guaranteed. I'll have to go down to Prospect Hill and see,I put it on in Boyles.

Scotsirish 3.40 Aintree 18/1
    20/1 now but put it on down in PP earlier on. Was second off a pound higher mark last year. Ran some nice races in defeat this year so far and could go well.

Stake:5 each way

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭markc91

When did you get the bet on?
    I'd it backed ante post rules. Not guaranteed. I'll have to go down to Prospect Hill and see,I put it on in Boyles.

Just backed it on pp after u put it up man :)

• Advertisement

Hmmm. I didn't get it on until the next day cause Boyle's were the only crowd 5/1 but my account wouldn't work. Shall check.
    Thanks for pointing that out though Mark.

Hahaha Scotsirish came third. I was looking at the wrong horse for the whole race. When he was going low in running I couldn't understand why.

Profit:879.38

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

nice one,i took your advice on scotsirish,pity ruby didnt push on for the win,had him ew too,so not too bad:)

Thanks Sean. Just watching the replay here,Scotirish ran a hell of a race. Was carrying a lot of weight but look at the ride Davy Condon gave him.Kept him on the rail,down the field but out of trouble.

Ruby's traded at 1/25 in running,fingers burnt.

Just looking there Sean. If I was going to be critical of Ruby,he didn't hit his horse until he had been passed. I would have liked to see him hit him before someone was beside him,push him out.

• Advertisement

De Welsh Wizard 4.30 Fontwell 6/1

Drifting like a barge here,was about 3/1 earlier on. Ran a nice race when he won last time out at Plumpton just two weeks ago. Is unpenalised for that and I just can't ignore the big price on a horse in form. Favourite is getting well backed however.

Stake:15 each way

hope buena vista is placed here.. did a euro ew double on masterminded and buena vista 86/1.,also did 1euro ew double on alberta's and buena vista. missed his win at cheltenham last month,was broke,sick when he came in,heres hoping today makes up!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Have to back Buena Vista as well after what he did at Cheltenham for me. :)

Would be nice alright. I'm not doing anything here. Might do Bowen's horse in the flat race in the last at Aintree.

**** off, too ****ing early,stupid doubles why do i do them:mad:

Unlucky Sean,hopefully better luck this weekend.

Cocktail Charlie 2.45 Thirsk 14/1 Bet365

Some really hard racing to call tomorrow. This one's a class three handicap over 5 furlongs for 3 year olds. Carries top weight here and has a rating of 95 but was impressive.Won on his debut over this distance at Ripon before going on to be beaten a head in a novice race and then a short head in a conditions race behind a smart horse called Excel Bolt,who was beaten into third in the Norfolk stakes at Royal Ascot just over a length by Approve who is now gone to stud. Step up to 6 furlongs didn't suit final start last season and hoping he can do better tomorrow.

Stake:20 each way

Tax Free 3.15 Thirsk 4/1

One of my favourite horses in training and always back it. Went without a win last year but is a class act no doubt.Is a multiple group winner between 5 and 7 furlongs but I think six is his ideal trip. Won this race in 2007 and won his maiden at Thirsk too,making his record 2-3 here. Has won fresh twice in the last 4 years and has a good chance tomorrow I think.
    Stake:40 euro

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Derek!

Tax free is running in the 3.15 mate :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

Going well UrbanSea - keep up the good work :)

• Advertisement

Derek! wrote: »
    Tax free is running in the 3.15 mate :)
    Pardon me. :cool:
    Doocey wrote: »
    Going well UrbanSea - keep up the good work :)

Thanks Doocey,nice to have a few winners. If Backstage wins today I'll cry with happiness :pac:

One for this evening in:

Fiancee 6.50 Wolverhampton 9/1 Bet365

A weak amateur class 6 handicap. My horse is still a maiden after 15 goes but she ran a decent race last time out over course and distance off a pound higher mark,finishing just a length and a quarter behind the winner,but took a wide run that day.Drawn in the middle today in 7 and shouldn't cause too many problems if breaking alright.Was only beaten a neck over course and distance the time before and hopefully can improve to win today. 3 places 1/4 the odds too.

Winged Farasi 4.45 Bangor 10/1 V.C

Returned from a 3 month break over this trip at Carlisle at the back end of March. Up five pounds for that but that doesn't seem excessive. No concerns over ground and the claimer takes off five pounds. This is obviously harder but hard to bet against a gelding in form. Could see him getting placed hopefully.

Aw not looking good so far.

Tax Free last there,was beaten when he was impeded. Probably shouldn't have bet on him looking back,too open but I always back it.

Cocktail Charlie was fifth,ran well enough but not good enough.

What a terrible day. I love losing money.

Profit:699.38

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Chin up lad, tomorrow be another day.

I'd a shocker too, seconds and thirds all day !!

Thanks Slattsy. Not the end of the world anyway.

Claiomh Solais 5.45 Curragh 2/1
    Not too much you can say about this one. Bolger's horses go well this time of year and he's taken this maiden for the last two years in a row. Smartly bred,sister to Gile na Greine and Cuis Geire. Strong in the market.

Stake:50 euro
    Profit:382.50

Runs again today,going to back it.

Claoimh Solais 4.15 Leopardstown 5/2

Made a promising debut when finished second as a well backed favourite. Stepped up in trip now and Bolger's horses are going well. Finished in front of Quest for Peace last time out who she meets again today,but Bolger's was only having her first run and probably has more improvement in her. Step up in trip is likely to suit and she's clearly well thought of to warrant an Oaks entry in Ireland and England. Should run well.

Stake:40 euro

Money coming for Oxx's horse. Half brother to Sinndar. Danger.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Money coming for Oxx's horse. Half brother to Sinndar. Danger.

I do love seeing money for an Oxx runner, 9 times outta 10 they come off.

• Advertisement

I don't when I've backed someone else.:cool:
    Haha,market isn't too liquid though,that's my only hope. Interesting he has no big entries.

Advertisement