Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UrbanSea previously greetings' fresh start

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Yeah thats true, i think Oxx tends to let the horses do the talking before he puts them into the big races.

I see Recital is being backed off the boards, was 8/11 last night, now 4/7 !!
    I think the fact that Moore has come over to take the ride says an awful lot of how highly Ballydoyle rate this horse.. he good be a good un'.

Anyway, i'll be doing fook all bets today, just a watching brief.

Good luck with your bets buddy :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Thanks Slattsy :cool:.
    That reminds me,did a tenner accum last night for interest.

Recital 8/11
    Famous Name 1/3
    Arsenal 4/9
    Rangers 2/7.

Can provide a screen shot as well for odds on Recital.

Losers.

Qushchi 4.10 Newmarket 20/1
    Least exposed of this field and is still impossible to call the race but thought she represents a bit of value. Only two starts to date,won a maiden over course and distance at the back end of last season. Form isn't the strongest in context of the race but some of these fillies look a bit exposed. Could run into a place I think.Still entered in the Oaks and Guineas,so could have potential.

Stake:10 each way
    Profit:629.38

Ocean War 5.20 Newmarket 13/2
    Had just one start as a two year old when ran a close up fifth in a maiden won by another Godolphin horse. That form just doesn't look particularly strong but cost a bomb as a yearling and still entered in the derby. Money is down for him now and with Godolhpin the money is often correct. Will be interesting to see if Al Zarooni has a quick start to the season,Godolphin don't usually. The favourite has been well backed for the Derby already and this looks well above average.

Stake:20 euro

• Advertisement

UrbanSea wrote: »
    Ocean War 5.20 Newmarket 13/2
    Had just one start as a two year old when ran a close up fifth in a maiden won by another Godolphin horse. That form just doesn't look particularly strong but cost a bomb as a yearling and still entered in the derby. Money is down for him now and with Godolhpin the money is often correct. Will be interesting to see if Al Zarooni has a quick start to the season,Godolphin don't usually. The favourite has been well backed for the Derby already and this looks well above average.

Wins :cool:
    Profit:759.38

Enjoy Today 2.25 Newmarket 14/1 S.B
    Probably the hardest race of the day to call but one to take an interest in because it could well throw up some of the best two year olds of this year.This colt is very nicely bred.Queens Logic is a Cheveley Park winner and by Kingmambo,and is a half brother to top class Lady Of The Desert. Meehan is well able to get runners ready first time up and could go well if as good as his breeding looks.

Stake:15 each way

Only managed eigth.

Room For A View 7.45 Kempton 12/1

Won a course and distance maiden back in November and had a good start to handicaps,finishing second over a mile and a quarter off a mark of 60 at the end of November. Didn't quite stay that day,and runs here off a mark of 64 back over a mile. Hasn't ran since then but looks a huge price to me. Drawn 14 and higher numbers have a bias and could go well.

Stake:20 each way

No luck.

Luna Runner 4.35 Wexford 4/1

Dissappointed with the price on this one. Was projected to be about 3rd or 4th favourite but has been getting backed this morning I see,a promising sign. Has been off since August since running 4th in a Galway bumper on good to firm,beaten only about 6 lengths though. Won a mares bumper before that at this course. Not the strongest form but the Galway race has looked decent form,with the second and third having won since. Good chance in a very weak race I think.

Stake:40 euro
    Profit:649.38

• Advertisement

I love ante-post bets.

Dream Ahead 2000 Guineas 20/1

Doing this bet with SportingBet,odds seem too big to be missed. Was one of the best two year olds around last year,winning two group 1 races over 6 furlongs. Firstly at Deauville before winning in astonishing style when he won the Shadwell Middle Park Stakes at headquarters easily by nine lengths. He beat Strong Suit that day,who had been favourite for the Guineas before he was beatin in the Phoenix Stakes by Zoffany over in Ireland. However,the way in which he beat him was breath taking. He was beaten in the Dewhurst then by Frankel,only finishing fifth,beaten six lengths. However,he reportedly didn't come out of that race right.
    Hasn't been seen since and his trainer David Simcock is said to be delighted with him over the winter in the way that he has matured and put on weight. He's also confident of him getting the mile,as long as the ground is on the fast side of good. The winner of the Shadwell race Awzaan never got a mile last year but hopefully it won't be the case this year. Frankel is currently odds on and doesn't represent any value,even if he is the next big thing. However,backing a horse at such short odds in the Guineas when other horses have progressed over the winter is crazy. Dream Ahead was also given the same rating as Frankel of 126 at the end of the last season.
    Obvious other dangers include Pathfork and Dubai Prince. But I think they want further,and Pathfork could be a horse for some races in America(his owners are American based and were going to run him in the Kentucky Derby) and I think Dubai Prince will want the derby distance,but would still be silly to write off.
    Strong Suit is also the same price as Dream Ahead and how that is I just don't know. Wootoon Bassett is a group 1 winner in France and is still unbeaten. Not as nicely bred as a lot of these and how strong his wins have been can be debatable,as sales races are famously not the hottest races. I'd rather my one at each way for a bit of value.
    Going for a big stake for value sake and really do like the look of this colt.
    Stake:50 each way
    Profit:549.38

Tioman Legend 1.35 Newbury 16/1 SkyBet

Looks a huge price for me. This looks a strong maiden though. Roger Charlton doesn't usually send out too many early season 2 year olds but he's a trainer I have a lot of time for. Has had one 2 year old runner this season who was just beaten last week. This horse would have to be straight forward to be sent out this early. He's beautifully bred and has bags of speed in his pedigree and cost a bomb as a yearling. Dangers all around but this looks good value.

Stake:10 each way

Nothing for Tioman Legend.

No luck.

Luna Runner 4.35 Wexford 4/1

Dissappointed with the price on this one. Was projected to be about 3rd or 4th favourite but has been getting backed this morning I see,a promising sign. Has been off since August since running 4th in a Galway bumper on good to firm,beaten only about 6 lengths though. Won a mares bumper before that at this course. Not the strongest form but the Galway race has looked decent form,with the second and third having won since. Good chance in a very weak race I think.

Profit:649.38

That ran a pure stinker.

Gone To Lunch Scottish Grand National 22/1 Bet365

Gone To Lunch Scottish Grand National 22/1 Bet365

The presence of Neptune Collonges in the field means that a lot of the fields runs out of the handicap. However,I don't think he's truely up to his rating of 168 and that means Gone to Lunch has to carry 10 stone,a light weight for over 4 miles,with an adjusted rating of 142,meaning he's ten pounds out of the handicap. Didn't run well last time in the Foxhunters,off a rating of 138,finishing a distant sixth,but was still a 7/1 shot.
    Has been kept fit by running in a couple of points this year and would be silly to write off,as he may have been campaigned for this race.Ran second last year off a rating of 140,carrying 10-13 and the year before was second off 148,carrying 11-10. This a big weight off his shoulder and is fine in conditions and hoping for a big run.

Lajooj 4.50 Newbury 11/2
    Has raced only once so far and that was for Michael Jarvis and was a very well backed 7/4 shot on debut,only finishing fifth,five lengths off the winner Splash Point. Hard to know at this stage but that looked a decent maiden for Kempton. Quickly bought by Godolphin. Usually you wouldn't touch Godolphin runners this time of year but Al Zarooni's horses are flying,with form figures 7-1-2-1-1-8. Sure to improve and should go well.

Lajooj 4.50 Newbury 11/2
    Has raced only once so far and that was for Michael Jarvis and was a very well backed 7/4 shot on debut,only finishing fifth,five lengths off the winner Splash Point. Hard to know at this stage but that looked a decent maiden for Kempton. Quickly bought by Godolphin. Usually you wouldn't touch Godolphin runners this time of year but Al Zarooni's horses are flying,with form figures 7-1-2-1-1-8. Sure to improve and should go well.

Wins at 11/4,big gamble.

Profit:739.38

Awareness 2.25 Navan 4/1 Betfred
    Quite a weak maiden for this time of year. Made a promising debut at the back end of last month on soft ground at the Curragh,in what was a stronger maiden than this. Only beaten about 5 lengths that day(winner is a listed winner,and beaten a head in a gr.3 in England since) and forth has won well since. Expecting a big run.

Stake:50 euro

Hail Caesar 5.00 Stratford 8/1
    Was decent on the flat for Aidan O'Brien,earning a rating of 105 in the process.Made a good start over hurdles for Ted Walsh last summer and looked like a very nice horse when second in a good novice hurdle at Galway.However,didn't build on that and was beaten at short prices next two starts.Hasn't shown much first 3 starts for Evan Williams,but his last race was better,and was a quite well backed 11/2 shot and was beaten 13 lengths. Has gone down 7 pounds in the weights in those races and the drying conditions will be in his favour. Not one to put too much faith in but could spring a surprise.

• Advertisement

Awareness loses.

Profit:679.38
    Hail Caesar was brought down,but looked beaten.

Bosambo 3.50 Redcar 11/2
    Quite a weak race by the looks of it. Lightly raced gelding coming on the back of a good effort at Wolverhampton over seven furlongs off a mark of 77,beaten about 5 lengths(winner ran a good third in a much hotter race since and won again,another won a claimer and Strictly Pink,who finished half a length in front,has since won a class 3 in good style before being outclassed in a listed race). Comes in here with a three pound lower mark,and he kept on well the last time to suggest the step up in trip will suit.

Stake:30 euro

Second. Was carried left. Thought I'd a winner.

Second. Was carried left. Thought I'd a winner.

Sorry buddy but i backed the winner :D

Thought it was a good thing, glad i didnt see this earlier it may have swayed me the other direction lol

Awh ****ing hell useless internet. Just did a write up for the Holyman in the last and it wouldn't come up now.

Haha ya ****er Slattsy :pac:

The Holyman 7.50 Windsor 7/1

I'm not going to do another write up. Big huff now.

That was William Hill btw. Went 7/1 between 7.29 and 7.31

That was William Hill btw. Went 7/1 between 7.29 and 7.31

Im on this boy - 13/2 :)

A winner would be nice. Can't believe he's that price with the non runners.

Sticking another 10 euro on with WH at 6/1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭johnny_cash

I'm going to follow you on this as i had a big win on mauritino @ evens :D

Advertisement