Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UrbanSea previously greetings' fresh start

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Scorn 8.00 Wolverhampton 8/1 Victor Chandler

A really frustrating filly and she looked as if she was going to be a top filly at one stage, when chasing home the useful Field Day on her second start in a hot Newmarket maiden,having finished a close up forth on her first start. Has gone to Richard Hannon's yard this year following failing to lose her maiden tag,despite finishing second no fewer than five times. Her first run this year off a mark of 66 was a tad disappointing,finishing third in a handicap at Brighton. However,she's down a pound for that and it'll have blown away any cobwebs. She looks well handicapped having come down from a rating of 80,where she finished second in a Goodwood handicap last year. Stable is in form and could go well,even against an odds on favourite.

Stake:20 each way
    Profit:544.38

Scorn was disappointing. Probably stupid to oppose the favourite having being so well backed,but what can you do. One more for tonight. I don't usually back so many on one card but if you're not in you can't win.

Kaifi 8.30 Wolverhampton 9/1

Comes in here to one of the weakest three year old handicaps you're likely to see this year. This filly is quite nicely bred,by Dansili out of a Fusaichi Pegasus mare. She showed nothing in 3 turf maidens over 6 furlongs last year,having been green throughout all of them. She'll have matured over the winter and hopefully the step up in trip should do the trick,which should be fine for her on breeding. Clive Brittain's three year olds aren't exactly flying so far this season but he's usually quick enough out of the traps early season,and surely this filly should have some improvement off a mark of 47.Bottom weight too.

Stake:22.19 each way
    Profit:500

I don't like doing so many bets but am I missing something? Ginzan at 7/1 in the last at Wolverhampton?

Edit:55 RPR might be enough.

Don't have time to do any reasoning behind these. It's tough at the top...haw haw :pac:

Libbrano 4.15 Ascot 11/4 Bet365
    Stake:40 euro

Critical Moment 3.05 Ascot 13/2 V.C
    Stake:20 euro

I don't like backing twice in the same race,but gonna put a lay to be matched in running.

Zacinto 3.05 Ascot Lay evens-to be matched in running
    Stake:50 euro

Lay was never matched.

The other two lost. First time I've ever backed a loser. What a strange feeling.

Profit:440

• Advertisement

Sam Lords Castle 7.25 Tipperary 6/1
    Price is too big to ignore even if the favourite looks decent. This colt is by Galileo out of a Darshaan mare. He was the top priced horse sold at the Tattersalls sales back in 2009 when selling for 550,000 guineas. His dam is a good broodmare,and has produced Damson,a gr.1 Phoenix Stakes(beating Oratorio in the process) winner and Geminiani,a group 3 winning filly as a two year old. Bred to be a star and still holds an Irish Guineas and Irish Derby entry. The favourite was well backed the last time before finishing seven lengths adrift in a hot maiden at the Curragh but this colt could be another smart horse he bumps into.

Profit:390

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭cullen5998

UrbanSea wrote: »
    Sam Lords Castle 7.25 Tipperary 6/1
    Price is too big to ignore even if the favourite looks decent. This colt is by Galileo out of a Darshaan mare. He was the top priced horse sold at the Tattersalls sales back in 2009 when selling for 550,000 guineas. His dam is a good broodmare,and has produced Damson,a gr.1 Phoenix Stakes(beating Oratorio in the process) winner and Geminiani,a group 3 winning filly as a two year old. Bred to be a star and still holds an Irish Guineas and Irish Derby entry. The favourite was well backed the last time before finishing seven lengths adrift in a hot maiden at the Curragh but this colt could be another smart horse he bumps into.

Profit:390

Gonna go with you on this one.
    Should be placed anyway at 6-1
    Not as brave as you to go straight though:o

Aw no luck for us Cullen. The money talked,or lack of it rather. Went off at 9/1 to finish 5th. Clearly thought the run was needed,so maybe one for next time out.
    Early one for tomorrow.

Absa Lutte 3.15 Leicester 11/1 Bet365
    Stake:15 each way
    Profit:360

Aw no luck for us Cullen. The money talked,or lack of it rather. Went off at 9/1 to finish 5th. Clearly thought the run was needed,so maybe one for next time out.
    Early one for tomorrow.

Absa Lutte 3.15 Leicester 11/1 Bet365
    Profit:360

Getting well backed now. Couldn't be arsed writing too much about it.
    Has been running reasonably well of late on the all weather over the winter without winning and has come down in the weights as a result.Has finished third in her last two starts,not beaten far and a forth before that,beaten just a length and a half. Is down 12 pounds from her last race on turf and the booking of Paul Hanagan is interesting.

Just beaten for a place.Brrrrrrrrrt.

• Advertisement

Darej 5.25 Newmarket 4/1
    One I've been keeping and eye on and have him in the tracker. Remember seeing his maiden. He went off 1/2 and did it workmanlike,but he came with a huge reputation and was still green that day. Not the best of races but stepped up on that. Then finished a length behind a well backed Godolphin horse in a conditions race,who went on to be a group 1 winner in Italy before running forth in the breeder's cup juvenile. That's the best form on offer and is still unexposed and looks progressive as a three year old and could be a huge price.

Stake:60 euro
    Profit:300

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Darej 5.25 Newmarket 4/1
    One I've been keeping and eye on and have him in the tracker. Remember seeing his maiden. He went off 1/2 and did it workmanlike,but he came with a huge reputation and was still green that day. Not the best of races but stepped up on that. Then finished a length behind a well backed Godolphin horse in a conditions race,who went on to be a group 1 winner in Italy before running forth in the breeder's cup juvenile. That's the best form on offer and is still unexposed and looks progressive as a three year old and could be a huge price.

Stake:60 euro
    Profit:300

Richard Hills = lay lay lay lol :D

Slattsy wrote: »
    Richard Hills = lay lay lay lol :D

Haha a bit harsh. I'd have him in the top few. Better than plenty others.

Borderlescott 3.45 Newmarket 12/1 StanJames

Probably not on to a winner here but I back this horse every time without fail and is without doubt one of the most popular horses in training. Is a dual Nunthorpe winner and one of the best sprinters around in the last few years. Won a group 2 at Goodwood last summer,so still has bags of pace. Was second in this race first time out last season and can go well fresh. Conditions are fine and even though he's nine now I could see him getting a place.

Stake:20 each way

Anna Salai 4.35 Goodwood 2/1 Boyles
    Forgot she was running today. A top class filly and a good turn out for a listed race. Was a smart filly in France(beat Rosanara 14 lengths)winning a group 3 by 12 lengths in the process, and nearly landed Al Zarooni a Classic in his first season,when he was beaten a nose in the Irish 1000 Guineas. Disappointed then in the Coronation Stakes at Royal Ascot and off since. However,she's still totally unexposed and her stable is absolutely flying. Big danger is Seta,who was once an ante post favourite for last season's 1000 Guineas before been beaten in her 2 year old season,but was well beaten in the race. Progrssed well in lesser company then,winning three listed races before disappoiting in the Chariot Stakes at the end of the season. Cumani's horses are slow out of the stalls this year and Anna Salai could take this-just. Big bet for my fine self.

Stake:100
    Profit:160

I think Borderlescott ended up 5th. Wasn't much in it,ran a good race.

Christ just looking at the next at Goodwood. Anna Salai getting backed off the boards. Seta gone to nearly 4/1 on exchanges. Hope it's a good sign.

Jesus Christ. Plenty of people will have lost bean on Anna Salai.

One more.

Perfect Cracker 5/1 5.10 Goodwood
    Was expected to go close last summer on debut when backed into 100/30 favourite. Form is strong,with the winner going on to be second in a hot sales race and a group 3 at Sandown the other week. Second won next time out to a smart Gosden horse and could go well here,in what's a wide open maiden.

Stake:30
    Profit:130

Oh profit,where have you gone?

Aw I give up. Didn't see the race but ahd the exchanged up. Went to about 19 nearly right away.

Surprise suprise Darej loses. What a day.

• Advertisement

Let's see if I can get a winner today.

Eleanora Duse 2.35 Newmarket 11/2 VC
    On the drift big time and represents good value. Is a good filly without being top class but is well able to hold her own in group company. Best run was third to Midday at 25/1 in the Yorkshire Oaks,a group 1,but didn't seem to fully get home over that distance. 10 furlongs is probably her ideal. Races over 9 today,a bit of a worry but also has the best rating of these. Stables has won this 4 years in a row.

Stake:20 euro

Came nowhere at all.
    Got word for The Shaughran 5.50 Sligo.
    Will put 30 on at 100/30. I'll soon be in the minus.

Tempted to back Empowering for the Guineas. Hmm...

Putting a fiver each way on Laughing Lashes and Empowering. 20/1 and 28/1.

Aw now. I saw 66/1 on Together earlier and was going to do it but 33/1 when I went back.
    I backed Blue Bunting last start as a 2 year old so can't complaing too much.

De Dodger 3.05 Limerick 11/2 Skybet
    Stake:60
    Profit:0000000000000000000

De Dodger 3.05 Limerick 11/2 Skybet
    Stake:60
    Profit:0000000000000000000

Weak maiden hurdle here and this gelding is only rated 97. However,has ran well in his last two races in handicap hurdles.Was second off a mark of 93 at Limerick(third was placed next time out) and seemed to be going well when unseating at Cork last time. This ground and trip is fine and could run a nice race.

Greyfriarschorista 4.00 Kempton 20/1
    Looks a big price based on previous form even if he isn't as good as he was. Started off his career brightly.rolling up a hatrick of wins after he won his maiden before being beaten a short head in a listed contest. His best run was probably a close third in the Britannia,only beaten three quarters of a length off a mark of 10 pounds higher(the winner won a group 3 this season). Has been rated as high as 103 last year and now down to 87 which looks very low,if he can reproduce any of that form should go well,a big if though.

Profit:-30

• Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

Greyfriarschorista 4.00 Kempton 20/1
    Looks a big price based on previous form even if he isn't as good as he was. Started off his career brightly.rolling up a hatrick of wins after he won his maiden before being beaten a short head in a listed contest. His best run was probably a close third in the Britannia,only beaten three quarters of a length off a mark of 10 pounds higher(the winner won a group 3 this season). Has been rated as high as 103 last year and now down to 87 which looks very low,if he can reproduce any of that form should go well,a big if though.

Profit:-30

Mark Johnstons string haven't been firing yet. Even Kieran Fallon says they're yet to get into stride. I might lay off MJ horses til they start "Always trying" again

• Advertisement

I'm hoping a return to the all weather could help that fella.

In fairness some of them are running well. It's just that he has so many horses,a lot of them are running poor but stilling having some winners.
    It was strange seeing you on FB Iain,not usually on much.

Advertisement