Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UrbanSea previously greetings' fresh start

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Pyman's Theory 1.30 York 13/2 Coral
    Going to be hard to beat the favourite who turned over the 4/1 on shot Magic City last time out but I said I'd have to back this filly if I saw her again. She was backed into odds on on debut but was beaten,but was a very well backed shot last time out against two potentially above average sorts the other week. I saw the race in the bookies and I'd the second backed but this horse absolutely pissed it,was very impressive. Not missing out tomorrow if she does that again.

Stake:40
    Profit:45

Main Focus 1.40 Newbury 20/1
    Hard to call these two year old maidens with so many unexposed and unraced horses. This Gosden colt was last of seven on it's debut at Goodwood about two weeks ago. Market told the story that day,went from about 4/1 in the morning to 11/1 and was far too green to do itself justice. Sure to come on from that. Worry is he good be green today,but seems a big price for a small each way.

Stake:5 each way
    Profit:35

All losers. Some stupid picks really.

Emma's Gift 3.00 York 8/1 Bet365
    Stake:10 each way

Rockview Diamond 6.30 Dundalk 5/1 Bet365
    Forth on his debut over course and distance in a strong maiden and was beaten just under half a length. Favourite doesn't look like one I'd want to be on at odds on,has gone backwards since his first start. Strong in the market too.

Stake:15
    Profit:0

Emma's Gift loses.

• Advertisement

Estithmaar 7.45 Cork 11/10
    Short price but think it looks a good bet. Nicely bred colt,by Pivotal out of a mare that this stable had some success with. Winner of a listed race and a group 3 over seven furlongs,before last seen finishing eigth in the Irish Guineas. This colt made a very promising debut,beaten a head in a Limerick maiden last month,behind a well backed Oxx horse. This race doesn't look strong and he traded 1.01 last time. Sure to be a winner soon.Big stake
    Stake:100
    Loss:100

Oh my god. I was so tempted to back Look Busy at about 40/1 on BF there,I don't know how many times I've backed him. He just won.

:(

Aw now. Did anyone see that maiden at Cork? What a win that was. Only looked like he was going to win in the last 20 yards. Was on the rail and got no sort of run and was pushed along. What a finish.

One for later.

In Bloom 8.45 Cork 8/1 PP
    Going a huge price here with the odds on favourite out. Might stretch the stamina here but has ran well in her two starts at 3. Was beaten just three lengths behind the potentially smart Mesariya,and closer to Siren's Song. Didn't build on that last time when short in the betting but could bounce back in a weak maiden upped in trip.

Stake:20 each way
    Profit:80

No good.

Formal Bid 5.45 Kilbeggan 14/1
    Backed this horse on the flat there not so long ago when he won at 20/1. Makes his second start over hurdles after a satisfactory eighth two months ago in a decent maiden hurdle. Not the strongest form though but has been running well of late and this is a weak race and could do it.

Stake:15 each way
    Profit:50

Wootoon Basset 2.25 Longchamp Lay placed 1.5
    Stake:50

• Advertisement

Profit:150

Looked for all the world like he'd be at least second but weakened in the final furlong to finish out of the first three. Worst cameraman in the world.

Frankel Epsom Derby 33/1 Betfair
    Obviously no guarantee to run but with World Domination not likely to go Cecil will be more likely to go. If he goes that 33/1 will be long gone.
    Stake:20 euro
    Profit:130

Red Marling 6.10 Leicester 6/1 W.H
    Impeccably bred colt by Danehill Dancer out of a 1000 Guineas and 4 time group 1 winner.Still a maiden after 8 attempts following a decent first outing when midfield in a Newmarket maiden.Was sent off favourite on his handicap debut off a mark of 75 at Ffos Las last August. Dropped to 71 now and made a promising comeback in a classified race over this distance at Kempton. Beginning to look exposed but could go well.
    Stake:25 each way
    Profit:80

Shere Khan 6.40 Leicester 14/1
    Was a very well backed 8/13 shot on his debut this time last week when third in a Brighton maiden. Disappointed that day but I'm not sure how effective he handled the track,the left hand turn on Brighton is notoriously difficult to manouvre. The amount of money for him that day suggested better was expected of him and Hannon's two year olds are flying at this stage of the season and could go well.

Stake:20 each way
    Profit:40

Profit:116

Second horse is placed.

Picture Editor 4.20 Goodwood 3/1
    Quickly established himself at the top of the Derby ante post betting following his first two runs last season. Won on his debut,beating a nice horse in Nathaniel,who already had race course experience,having finished behind Frankel on debut. That form has been franked since,with Nathaniel finishing second in the Chester Vase,only beaten a head. Still as low as 25/1 for the Derby.
    Won a conditions race second start at a canter,but disappointed when turned over at odds on in a Conditions race next time over ten furlongs. That form has been franked though,with Measuring Time finished second in the Classic Trial at Sandown.
    However Cecil's yard is in good form and the extra distance is what this horse wants. Really fancy him.

Stake:75
    Profit:41

Only third. How disappointing.

Sway Away Preakness Stakes 16/1
    Profit:11

Man of Action 9/2 4.00 Chester
    A bit of an obvious selection but has so much potential. Having his first run for Godolphin after moving from John Gosden's yard. Won a a headquarters' maiden before nicely winning a handicap off 88 there too. Best run probably came last run of the season when beaten by Side Glance at Ascot off this mark. That's good form,having given him 6 pounds,Side Glance is a dual listed winner this year. Fitness shouldn't be an issue,Godolphin's are back in good form now aswell.

Stake:60 euro
    Loss:49

Alas,beaten. I knew I should have backed Roderic O'Connor.

• Advertisement

UrbanSea wrote: »
    Chrysanthemum 2011 Oaks 20/1
    Posted about her quite a while back during the flat season on another thread and putting a bet down on her now. Made it 2/2 in her light career over 7 furlongs in a group 3 on yielding to soft last time out. Made a winning debut in a listed race over a mile in soft ground at the back end of the flat season. A horse who can handle that in their first race at two is quite rare,and should progress nicely over middle distances next year.
    Profit:-200

Going to back her for the Guineas tomorrow. The rain will just have suited her that little more than a lot of these.

Chrysanthemum 16/1 Irish 1000 Guineas 16/1 W.H
    Stake:25 each way
    Loss:99

Beneficial Spirit 16/1 5.35 Limerick
    Hardly convincing form with his figures reading 0008 last season but the horse was hardly put in the races. I have him in the tracker since I saw it run twice and he never even tried and interesting the money is coming for him on a lowly mark of 95.Was rated 111 over hurdles and won his maiden hurdle first time out and a bumper before that. Could have been preserved for a gamble and one for interest.

Loss:129

That price is Boyles' by the way.

Both ran as useless.

Baddam 7.55 Stratford 16/1
    Stake:10 each way

Loss:189

Horse under pressure after about 3 furlongs.

Saint By Day 4.55 Leopardstown 8/1 Boyles
    Stake:50

I couldn't find a winner in a one horse race.

Muboor 5.50 Yarmouth 6/4
    Stake:120
    Loss:339

This thread is going to hell. Went to PP and stuck this on biggest bet in a while, Runs in a novice race here but was very impressive first time out. Beat Brocklebank,one of the favourites for the Coventry,who has since being bought by Highclare. Potentially class act.If this loses I think I'll kiss the log goodbye.

• Advertisement

Alas,R.I.P log.

Advertisement