Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UrbanSea previously greetings' fresh start

Options
1262728293032»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Sedaine 3.05 Salisbury 15/2
    Looks a decent fillies' maiden here. Going with the once raced daughter of Librettist. Ran well off a big price in a Nottingham maiden,green until catching the hang of things late. That was a patient ride and should come on for the experience,as said in the race comments.

''towards rear, pushed along over 2f out, ran on inside final furlong, nearest finish, should improve''. Too many dangers to name but could go well.

Stake:20
    Bank:243.73

About to go.

B Fifty Two 4.25 Ascot 25/1
    Stake:10 each way

Never in contention.
    Missy O'Gwuan 21.00 Navan 10/1
    Nicely bred filly,being a half sister to group 3 Missy O'Gwaun who this yard had some success with. Had two promising runs as a two year old,keeping on well behind a Ballydoyle odds on chance when beaten over a length (Since placed in a Listed and Group 2 race and rated 110). Disappointed first time out this season when well behind Long Live the King. However,step up in trip likely to suit and mark of 68 doesn't look severe.

Stake:15 each way
    Bank:193.75

Thank god this isn't real money.

Bronze Prince 4.25 Ascot 16/1

Very lightly raced 4 year old colt for John Gosden having started off racing life with Godolphin which he won on debut. Two races since for Gosden.looking in need of the run first time out at Newmarket but better form shown when a close third over 7 furlongs at Doncaster. Step up in trip likely to suit and interesting off the same mark at the foot of the weights.
    Stake:25 each way
    Bank:143.75

Neither of them in the money. My word do I suck at picking horses.

Kasbah Bliss Ascot Gold Cup 18/1
    This looks a below par renewal in my eyes. A 9 year old,he's been in good heart of late,running well behind Monterosso at Meydan over a trip far too short for him before winning a listed race at Saint Cloud back in April over a more suitable trip and ran a close up third in a Group 3 race last time. Disappointed in this race last year having been considerably short in the betting,but the softer going could benefit him.

Bank:123.75

• Advertisement

Sans Loi 2.30 Ascot 16/1
    Landed a gamble on debut at Nottingham a week ago in impressive fashion,winning by an easy 5 lengths. A lot to like about the way he quickened clear that day and could be more to come from the nicely bred colt.
    Bank:103.75

Sud Pacifique 5.25 Ascot 11/1
    Imposing colt who cost connections 500,000 euro as a yearling and easy to see why,by Montjeu out of an Anabaa mare. Beaten at short odds both starts as a two year old but has shown a good attitude this year,winning a decent Doncaster maiden before winning a handicap at York last time out off a mark of 85. Risen 7 pounds for that success but step up in trip likely to suit and I said it before I think he's a pattern horse in the making. Foolish to dismiss.

Bank:53.75

One Spirit 6.35 Leopardstown 7/4
    Small field maiden where it looks between the top 2.Good debut run when second behind Laughing,who is since a group 3 winner. Strongest form in the race and could run well.

Stake:40
    Bank:13.75

Remainder of my bank going on
    Marskmanship 5.00 Ascot 11/2
    Beat Notable Graduate on his debut in impressive fashion on heavy going (Notable Graduate has a serious chance in the Leger IMO). Unexposed and looks to have huge potential.

One Spirit wins,that's all.
    One for tomorrow.

Shemali 4.25 Ascot 12/1
    Stake:20 each way
    Bank:70

• Advertisement

Rakaan 5.35 Ascot 16/1
    Stale:15 each way
    Bank:40

Can't wait to select all the winners today.

Barefoot Lady 3.45 Ascot 20/1
    Think she looks over priced here,although I've a funny feeling she isn't quite up to group 1 quality. Has been in good heart this season,winning the Neil Gwyn on her reappearance before running a gallant fifth in the Guineas,having been supplemented. Was beaten a head next time out behind Jovialty,who she reopposes today. However,she has form on soft ground and Footstepsinthesand in general are able to handle a bit of cut,which is new for some of these. Together's a worthy favourite but struck me in the past as being ungenuine,not wanting to get her head in front (struck me in one of the sales races last season). Could run into a place here

Stake:15 each way
    Bank:40

Paul Hanagan not riding Barefoot Lady. Fallon aboard.

Barefoot Lady was placed. Small profit for the day.

Hooray 3.45 Ascot 11/1
    Speedy filly who is already a Group 1 winner over 6 when she won the Cheveley Park at the end of last season. That was on soft ground so no worries over the conditions. Ran midfield in the Guineas,probably didn't stay. Back to winning ways last time when winning an Epsom listed race in workmanlike fashion,but is at the foot of the weights here getting allowances for her age and from the boys,and could go well dropped back down to sprint distances.
    Stake:30 euro
    Bank:100

Passion for Gold 3.05 Ascot 12/1
    Think this is a great price. Lightly raced 4 year old who missed his classic year due to injury. Rounded off his two year old season with an excellent win in the Criterium at Saint Cloud,winning on heavy ground by an impressive 5 lengths. Disappointed first time out this season but improved to win a Listed race at Goodwood in good style. Should continue progressing,only having his 6th start.

Bank:50

Makalali 3.10 Down Royal 6/1
    Not the best bred colt,by Kodiac out of a Mujtahid mare,but showed up well on his debut at Gowran over this distance at the start of last month,beaten about 4 lengths by Raphael Santi,who seems useful. Third has won since and was friendless in the market,but could go well today.

Stake:30
    Bank:20

There's no way Passion for Gold gave his true running today.Something had to have been amiss,think he was beaten a distance.

Well unsurprisingly they all lost. I'll have one more bet and if it loses it shall be the end of my log.

Gods County 2.35 Gowran 5/2
    Stake:20

Alas,only second.
    That is all.

• Advertisement
Advertisement