Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UrbanSea previously greetings' fresh start

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Neither bet today is any good. Vodka Brook doesn't seem himself,last twice over jumps he's been pulled up now.Pure Anticipation seemed to be going very well when falling 3 out.

Agglestone Rock 1.40 Newcastle 8/1
    Stake:12.50 each way

This will put my profit right back to 0 :pac: Will do a write up later,heading out at bout 6 and will have more time then.

greetings wrote: »
    Agglestone Rock 1.40 Newcastle 8/1
    Stake:12.50 each way

This will put my profit right back to 0 :pac: Will do a write up later,heading out at bout 6 and will have more time then.

Quite a versatile horse,going for just his 5th try over hurdles,having ran on the flat and went novice chasing last season.Has only finished out of the top 3 once,and that was a competitive handicap at Galway in the Summer when he was brought over to Ireland. Has won twice over hurdles and mostly over this trip of 2 miles tomorrow.Goes on good to soft so that not a worry.Race fitness not a worry as it had a good third over 18 furlong on the flat last week and hoping he can go well tomorrow.

Just looked,must be some money for him,best priced 5/1 favourite now,was 8/1 third favourite earlier.

Earth Magic 2.00 Leicester 3.45
    A horse who was once very smarted and rated in the mid 140's when in Ireland. Those days well behind him but dropped into a seller here. Ran in one last time over the same distance in heavy ground and won by a distance at odds of 4/11. This harder but that should do his confidence the world of good.
    Stake:10
    Profit:-10

Sticking another tenner on earth magic at 7/2.

• Advertisement

Earth Magic drifted like a barge. Distantly finished at 5/1
    Agglestone Rock just missed on a place,came 5th at 4/1.

Going to post a few more ante post bets in the coming while.

Starluck 2011 Champion Hurdle 20/1 Labrokes NRNB
    I think it's a fair chance that he will turn up but said i'd go NRNB. Only a six year old and has ran once in that Champion Hurdle,last year,finishing 5th. Has won over 2 miles at Cheltenham and course form is a big for me. Has come 4th in the Triumph aswell. I think this season Cheltenham looks a year for younger horses so I think Menorah could be a solid chance but I think Starluck is much better value.Was beaten a short head in the Christmas Hurdle last year by Go Native and runs in it again this year and is currently second favourite behind Binocular. If he runs anyway good there I think he'll be shorter for the Champion.
    Stake:15 each way
    Balance:Minus 50

Dare Me Neptune Novice's Hurdle 2011 16/1 NRNB
    Has done most of the running over 2 miles but has won over 2 miles 1 on good to soft and that's why I'm going to back him for this rather than the supreme novices,I think he might just lack that little bit of pace against some of the top 2 milers,even if he could get up the hill better than them. Has had 2 starts over hurdles to date and has been very impressive. Finished 6th in the Champion Bumper and then 2nd in a good Aintree one. It was tough to call between him or Rock On Ruby as to who to back but I think he represents much better value.
    Bal:-80

Wayward Prince RSA Chase 2011 14/1 NRNB
    Can be got with one firm at 20/1,and again,likely to turn up here but knowing my luck he wouldn't if I didn't go NRNB. Has been everything that's been asked of him over fences. Won his first start at Huntingdon nicely and won a novice chase over 3 miles here last time. Looked like Chicago Grey was going to beat him at one point before falling,but Wayward Prince wasn't exactly screwed. Think course form is big in chases around Cheltenham and I would love to back the favourite,but 3/1 is far too short. This looks a nice each way bet for me.Made a nice novice hurdler including a grade 1 win at Aintree last year and is quick to be moved on to fences and I hope he can make a nice chaser too.
    Stake:25 each way
    Bal:-130

Bit of a risk the next one but going with
    Franklino 1.40 Doncaster 4.5
    Going on his reputation here. Was a winner on the flat in France and came to Britain with a big reputation,twice getting turned over at short odds. Before his debut he was the favourite for the Triumph Hurdle so clearly a lot was expected.Faces good ground tomorrow for the first time without any soft in it and I'll give him a chance,recieving 7 pounds from the favourite too.
    Stake:20
    Bal:-150

• Advertisement

Going to post a few more ante post bets in the coming while.

Starluck 2011 Champion Hurdle 20/1 Labrokes NRNB
    I think it's a fair chance that he will turn up but said i'd go NRNB. Only a six year old and has ran once in that Champion Hurdle,last year,finishing 5th. Has won over 2 miles at Cheltenham and course form is a big for me. Has come 4th in the Triumph aswell. I think this season Cheltenham looks a year for younger horses so I think Menorah could be a solid chance but I think Starluck is much better value.Was beaten a short head in the Christmas Hurdle last year by Go Native and runs in it again this year and is currently second favourite behind Binocular. If he runs anyway good there I think he'll be shorter for the Champion.
    Balance:Minus 50

Stan James are paying 4 places quarter of the odds on the champion hurdle til the week after next so gonna stick another ten each way on with them
    Starluck Champion Hurdle 2011 25/1 4 PLACES QUARTER ODDS
    Stake:10 each way
    Bal:-170

Chrysanthemum 2011 Oaks 20/1
    Posted about her quite a while back during the flat season on another thread and putting a bet down on her now. Made it 2/2 in her light career over 7 furlongs in a group 3 on yielding to soft last time out. Made a winning debut in a listed race over a mile in soft ground at the back end of the flat season. A horse who can handle that in their first race at two is quite rare,and should progress nicely over middle distances next year.
    Profit:-200

• Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

Think maybe Starluck wants a flat track but hes a good horse. If the race was anywhere but cheltenham he wouldnt be that price

Also I really like Wayward Price but Wymott and now Jessies Dream, since he has drifted, are preferred.

Its getting to that time of year! :D

Nulty wrote: »
    Think maybe Starluck wants a flat track but hes a good horse. If the race was anywhere but cheltenham he wouldnt be that price
    I know what you mean,but looking at the race some of those horses are disimproving. I can't rely on Binocular at all bur until you get to Cheltenham you never know. At the start of the season I said in the Horse Racing forum I thought Hurricane Fly would win,he was 8/1,too short for me now ante post. I just think Starluck can mature enough to get up the hill,having just turned 6.Menorah is a huge danger,I think Peddlers Cross would make a good 2mile 4 or 3 miles hurdler,maybe after Big Bucks the world hurdle
    Also I really like Wayward Price but Wymott and now Jessies Dream, since he has drifted, are preferred.

Its getting to that time of year! :D

Hmm I know what you mean. But in terms of value I think Starluck and Wayward prince do it for me. Course form for Wayward prince was a big one,Cheltenham fences are very unforgiivng. Wymott bet him by a length in a hurdles race around Haydock,but I'd rather Wayward prince with a win over fences at cheltenham and a higher price than him but definately a danger.

Just looked,around the same price actually. Ah well I'll take the chance,I thought Whymott was around 12/1

My first inclination is always to find faults with other peoples selections so don't mind me. I'm just a shitehawk!

Haha,just trying to ruin my day. :D Thinking of going in big on Kauto to place in the Gold Cup at 6/4

That, I wouldn't do. Much better opportunities than that I'd say

Madison du Berlais to place in the King George for a start. Not confirmed runner yet but with Ladbrokes doing what they're doing....33/1

Also, with the rain forecast there will be a good chance more will come out and that 33/1 will be even better. Finished 2nd last year and will stay if it gets deep.

That, I wouldn't do. Much better opportunities than that I'd say

Madison du Berlais to place in the King George for a start. Not confirmed runner yet but with Ladbrokes doing what they're doing....33/1

Also, with the rain forecast there will be a good chance more will come out and that 33/1 will be even better. Finished 2nd last year and will stay if it gets deep.

I couldn't back Madison Du Berlais at all,he hasn't been near top form for aout a season and a half. That second was still a distance behind Kauto. It all comes down to how much rain there is. Good good/firm at Doncaster today is something we haven't seen in a while. I'd still fancy the Nightingale and Long Run to place ahead of him. Have you backed him Nulty>

I think thats a bit unfair on the horse. He hasn't been at his best for sure but he was giving a stone all round bar Nacarat in the Racing Post last year, ran in the national at top weight, the hurdle he maybe should have won, he beat Nacarat, Ollie Magern and Albertas run in the KG last year. If it gets deeper he is definitely worth a shot ew @ 40s, hes 33 best price now but hes got a jockey so hes sure to run.

I haven't backed him but I'm tempted. Relying on the weather and I try not to bet on weather.

• Advertisement

I think thats a bit unfair on the horse. He hasn't been at his best for sure but he was giving a stone all round bar Nacarat in the Racing Post last year, ran in the national at top weight, the hurdle he maybe should have won, he beat Nacarat, Ollie Magern and Albertas run in the KG last year. If it gets deeper he is definitely worth a shot ew @ 40s, hes 33 best price now but hes got a jockey so hes sure to run.

I haven't backed him but I'm tempted. Relying on the weather and I try not to bet on weather.

Good point but I still think he'd need to improve well more than a stone to place. But I can see what you mean by good value at 40/1

Getting some grub but just gonna put up
    Bay Cherry 14.20 Catterick 11/1
    Balance:-220.

Franklino won't be winning any Triumph Hurdles anyway,was second but never near the favourite.

Going for the biggest bet of the log here so far on
    Bishopsfurze 14.25 Thurles Evens
    Stake:100
    Bal:-320

• Closed Accounts Posts: 604 ✭✭✭Bumsex

will you be putting up reasoning for this bet,just intereted to see why your going big on it as ive never seen you use this stake before.
    havent gone through the cards myself so cant comment on it or any race for tomorrow..

Bumsex wrote: »
    will you be putting up reasoning for this bet,just intereted to see why your going big on it as ive never seen you use this stake before.
    havent gone through the cards myself so cant comment on it or any race for tomorrow..

Ya will in a while,just getting ready for bed. I've done this bet several times before just haven't in a log on here. Worst betting memory I have is having 200 on Goldikova when she was beaten over 6 furlongs at 2/1 on. I had a losing 100 treble at last year involving Master Minded. I had 100 on a horse called street power in a handicap one night on the all weather at 3/1 when it was backed into 6/4. I then had that 400 euro on Mastercraftsman in the group 3 it won at Dundalk and had 200 on a Gosden horse in a maiden recently (end of flat season) that won,but just hadn't any of those at the same time that I had a log.I've gone 50 each way ante post twice on horses aswell.

Established himself into a quality bumper horse winning twice over 2 miles. First time out he won over soft to heavy ground,showing good stamina for his first start. Was outpaced when finishing 7th in the Champion,but stayed on quite well,screaming for a step up in trip. Did well to win over 2 on firm ground and kept on well that day too. Finished 21 legnths ahead of a horse I backed at the weekend there when he won a maiden hurdle called the Bull Hayes who did it very imprevissively over a soft to heavy 2 miles,beating a nice looking odds on favourite.Easily won his first start over hurdles as a short price favourite in soft going over 2 miles in December and was a well fancied 6/4 favourite last week in a grade 3 novice hurdle at Naas,however,he clearly wasn't himself when he was badly hampered 4 out when held up at the back and was beaten a distance,clearly not the performance he's able to put in. Champion trainer and jockey combination clearly have no worries about any ill effects if they're sending him out this quick and is still totally unexposed over hurdles. The second favourite Start Me Up is no pushover and was just pushed out in a grade 3 at Limerick last time having opened his account finally after being beaten a few times at very short prices in maiden hurdles having being placed in graded races. He strikes me as one of the most ungenuine horses in training and I couldn't back him with any faith.Profit Margin is unexposed but probably one for fences. I'm happy enough with my lad.

Sir Gerry 15.55 Meydan 20/1 10 each way
    Won at the festival at a big price last year and ran some very good races in it. Second to Delegator over this distance at Newbury in a listed race and hope he can get placed here off top weight.
    bAL:-335

Invincible Ash 5.40 Meydan Not placing this yet,will come back around 5 and see what price it is.

Invincible Ash 5.40 Meydan Not placing this yet,will come back around 5 and see what price it is.

Good spot. I hadn't noticed she was in Dubai. I've followed her closely, might go in with you there.

• Advertisement

Wins nicely,could be one to watch out for in nice races,wins at 11/10. That puts my balance back to -125
    Getting some grub but just gonna put up
    Bay Cherry 14.20 Catterick 11/1
    Balance:-220.

Franklino won't be winning any Triumph Hurdles anyway,was second but never near the favourite.
    Fell at the second,pity I didn't even get a run for my money.
    Sir Gerry 15.55 Meydan 20/1 10 each way
    Won at the festival at a big price last year and ran some very good races in it. Second to Delegator over this distance at Newbury in a listed race and hope he can get placed here off top weight.
    bAL:-335
    Finished about 7th I think.

Advertisement