Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UrbanSea previously greetings' fresh start

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Phoenix Suns -7.5 vs Cleveland 10/11
    I'm surprised this spread is so low. Cleveland are the worst team in the league,got beaten 30 odd points against Denver last time out. Only 8-32 and down in the stats ranks. Phoenix coming off a good win on the road against the Knicks,I'd be surprised if they didn't beat them by double figures. Big bet for me here.
    Stake:220
    Bal:-260.42

greetings wrote: »
    Acclamatory dissapoints. What a waste of 35 euro that was,that was lack of discipline there.
    Stuck a tenner on the PP special.
    Arsenal,Inter and Barca at 2/1. If someone wants to see a screenshot I'll post one as it was before the event started.

I can kiss that goodbye already. Inter and Arsenal winning,Barca 2 down within 10 minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 604 ✭✭✭Bumsex

Phoenix Suns -7.5 vs Cleveland 10/11
    I'm surprised this spread is so low. Cleveland are the worst team in the league,got beaten 30 odd points against Denver last time out. Only 8-32 and down in the stats ranks. Phoenix coming off a good win on the road against the Knicks,I'd be surprised if they didn't beat them by double figures. Big bet for me here.
    Stake:220
    Bal:-260.42

Suns win by 8,jeez that was very close,did you watch it..

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Dunston

Well done with the suns bet!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭fkiely

Good to see your big bet come off mate, I'd say you were kind of ****ting it...

• Advertisement

Bumsex wrote: »
    Suns win by 8,jeez that was very close,did you watch it..
    Haha no I'd an early night. Just as well,I would have been ****ting it :pac:
    Dunston wrote: »
    Well done with the suns bet!
    fkiely wrote: »
    Good to see your big bet come off mate, I'd say you were kind of ****ting it...

Thanks lads,good thing I didn't watch the game,wouldn't have slept after it.

Bal:159.58
    Blue Cossack 6.50 Wolverhampton 8/1
    Very unexposed just having 6th start. Had no form at all until stepped up to a longer trip last time out(9furlongs) and showed good stamina to win a selling handicap. Up 8 pounds since but the extra 3 furlongs should suit,just saw he's from the family of Sariska,same trip here as the Oaks.Looks a nice each way bet.
    Stake:15 each way
    Bal:129.58

Gallahad 5.10 Meydan 12/1
    Victor and PP seem to be giving a generous price here,Coral have him as low as 7/1. Can't say a whole lot about his form but is a grade 1 winner in Brazil. How strong that form is it's impossible to tell but gets in here with only a weight of 100 and with a top jockey and trainer duo looks a good each way punt.
    Stake:10 each way
    Profit:109.58

Mighty Clrets 7.50 Wolverhampton 10/1
    Twice a course and distance winner lately,altogether up 8 pounds since it's first win. Drawn six which isn't a bad draw and gets a one pound weight allowance,not a lot but every little helps in these open handicaps. Up 3 pounds since it's last course and distance win.Richard Fahey's horses always in good nick and hopefully he can go close.
    Profit:89.58

• Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

Bal:159.58
    Blue Cossack 6.50 Wolverhampton 8/1
    Very unexposed just having 6th start. Had no form at all until stepped up to a longer trip last time out(9 11furlongs) and showed good stamina to win a selling handicap. Up 8 pounds since but the extra 3 furlongs should suit,just saw he's from the family of Sariska,same trip here as the Oaks.Looks a nice each way bet.
    Bal:129.58

I'd question this selection. Bathwick Scanno also had no form until stepped up in the same race as Blue Cossack. Beaten 4l that day and looked like he needed further. Theres only an extra 1f here today and theres a 14lbs pull in the weights including Mathew Coshams 7lbs claim.

I'm definitely missing some thing here because Bathwick Scanno is 33/1 and Blue Cossack is 12s.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

Nulty wrote: »
    I'd question this selection. Bathwick Scanno also had no form until stepped up in the same race as Blue Cossack. Beaten 4l that day and looked like he needed further. Theres only an extra 1f here today and theres a 14lbs pull in the weights including Mathew Coshams 7lbs claim.

I'm definitely missing some thing here because Bathwick Scanno is 33/1 and Blue Cossack is 12s.

Don't think your missing much, I got him at 6.0 to place and think it has a good chance.

I've now given it the kiss of death and it'll trial in last :D

Woddle wrote: »
    Don't think your missing much, I got him at 6.0 to place and think it has a good chance.

I've now given it the kiss of death and it'll trial in last :D

I'm getting excited now! Gonna come down to earth with a bump. 14/1 now

Nulty wrote: »
    I'm getting excited now! Gonna come down to earth with a bump. 14/1 now

:D yay

Greets - Blue Cossack still beat Bathwick Scanno...

Mighty Clrets 7.50 Wolverhampton 10/1
    Twice a course and distance winner lately,altogether up 8 pounds since it's first win. Drawn six which isn't a bad draw and gets a one pound weight allowance,not a lot but every little helps in these open handicaps. Up 3 pounds since it's last course and distance win.Richard Fahey's horses always in good nick and hopefully he can go close.
    Profit:89.58

nice one

Woddle wrote: »
    nice one

Thanks Woddle. Haha Nulty I had quoted your post but the internet went. I thought it was 12 furlongs today for some reason,must have misread it. :pac: Glad to see we all got our each way money anyway.

Aw I swear I'm this close to going on a killing spree. I'd a post typed out with my balance and how my runners went.
    Last one won at 8/1,first was second at 8/1 and the other was nowhere.
    Profit:279.58

Buxton Lingfield 4.05 16/1
    Said I'd go for an each way on this gelding as I've backed him before. Can be quite hit and miss of late but is now on a rating of 67 and won off course and distance off 65 last month. Came seventh last time out over C&D but ran a nice race,only beaten about two lengths. Was once rated as high as 90. This a competitive race but 16/1 with bet365 does look generous and would be surprised to see him run at this price tomorrow.
    Profit:249.58

Notabotheronme 3.20 Chepstow 14/1
    Carrying top weight here with Dickie Johnson aboard. Quite unexposed for his age with 21 runs but is a nine year old. Has only two wins to his name but both have come over course and distance and in this heavy ground that he'll get tomorrow. Has been running in much better handicaps than this and has also come second in a class 2 handicap here carrying 3 pounds more in previous seasons.Should be all the better for a promising come back run at Cheltenham and with conditions and course here like to suit,hopefully he can run a nice race at a big price.
    Stake:25 each way
    Profit:199.58

• Moderators Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Well done today G, lovely winner.

• Advertisement

Thanks Pyro,good luck with your ones today.

UrbanSea wrote: »
    Notabotheronme 3.20 Chepstow 14/1
    Carrying top weight here with Dickie Johnson aboard. Quite unexposed for his age with 21 runs but is a nine year old. Has only two wins to his name but both have come over course and distance and in this heavy ground that he'll get tomorrow. Has been running in much better handicaps than this and has also come second in a class 2 handicap here carrying 3 pounds more in previous seasons.Should be all the better for a promising come back run at Cheltenham and with conditions and course here like to suit,hopefully he can run a nice race at a big price.
    Stake:25 each way
    Profit:199.58

Non runner,the jumps have been abandonned.
    Profit:249.58

Atouchbetweenacara 3.15 Haydock 20/1 Saturday
    Profit:219.58

Reasoning to come this evening.

Buxton finishes strongly but only comes about 6th,handicapper did a good job,only about 3 lengths covered the front crowd.
    One for tomorrow on the Theystes (copied this from a post I made in the horse racing sub section of the gambling forum)
    Smoking Aces 2.45 Gowran Park 20/1
    Smoking Aces at 20/1. Gets in here with a rating of 119 but hasn't been great over fences as he's been racing over about 2 and a half miles. This trip more for him and what a feather weight. Was rated 138 when running a nice race to come 6th in the Pertemps last year. The ground shouldn't be a worry for him. I can't ignore a 20 odd pound difference in weights over hurdles and what hasn't been optimum trips for him over fences. Hope he gets in now,currently the second reserve. Other fancy is Alpha Ridgeand might go for him if my lad doesn't get into the race.
    Profit:189.58

Atouchbetweenacara 3.15 Haydock 20/1 Saturday
    Profit:219.58

Reasoning to come this evening.

Interesting to see a fair bit of money coming for him in the last few days. Hasn't shown much in two starts this year,but one was in the Betfair Chase and the other was his season reappearance in a class 2 handicap chase where he didn't make it past the first fence.Ran 4 times last year,the first off a rating of 125 and won a grade 2 handicap at Cheltenham by over 20 lenghts,very easily. Handicapper since put him up 23 pounds and never had a chance. Back down to a reasonable rating of 137 which would be just 12 pounds higher than that Cheltenham win and that certainly makes him much more appealing.Doesn't seem to have a problem going fresh and worth a punt at that price.

Never thought I'd go for the Cavs but I like them +7 tonight. Had a much better game at home to Phoenix last time and Milwaukee have a shocking road record.
    I fancy Detroit for a straight win aswell tonight. Had their first 3 game win streak of the season when demolishing Dallas and played a good game to lose to Boston by 4. Nets aren't playing well and I'm gonna do them in a double at 11/10 with the cavs.

This from the NBA thread. Gonna go for the Double above.
    Stake:30
    Profit:159.58

Scottish Boogie 1.05 Gowran Park
    Not placing this bet yet gonna wait until the morning to see the price. Currently 3 euro to back at 10/1 on betfair but next is 15/2. If the price is right in the morning I'll place it. Not the strongest maiden hurdle in the world and this was a nice horse on the flat for Sylvester Kirk up to about 10 furlongs.Has firm on good to soft and should be able to stay this far. Joining the Byrnes' yard I wouldn't take the bet with too much hope of getting 100% out of the horse,but that's another debate.Market tomorrow will be the best guide.

Scottish Boogie 1.05 Gowran Park
    Not placing this bet yet gonna wait until the morning to see the price. Currently 3 euro to back at 10/1 on betfair but next is 15/2. If the price is right in the morning I'll place it. Not the strongest maiden hurdle in the world and this was a nice horse on the flat for Sylvester Kirk up to about 10 furlongs.Has firm on good to soft and should be able to stay this far. Joining the Byrnes' yard I wouldn't take the bet with too much hope of getting 100% out of the horse,but that's another debate.Market tomorrow will be the best guide.

The favourite Maxim Gorky is from the family of my name sake Urban Sea I just saw :D

Crack Away Jack 2.25 Ascot 16/1
    I'm gonna stick my neck out on the line and say that I think Master Minded is opposable tomorrow,just not gonna bet against it. Think Crack Away Jack has a big chance tomorrow. Off since finishing behind Petit Robin in a grade 2 chase over a year ago but has tendons problems and didn't come back from that race well,clearly wasn't his true showing. Has bags of speed and came 4th in the 09 Champion Hurdle before making a very easy transition to chasing with a easy win in a small novice chase at Sandown.Finished behind Somersby when odds on in a grade 2 but could reverse that form with Somersby being disappointing this year. Mad Max is the biggest danger apart from Master Minded in my opinion.

Edit: I was gonna go for the market without MM but I see 16/1 1/4 odds 3 places on bet 365 at 16/1 instead of 8/1 without 1/5 of the odds.

Profit:139.58

• Advertisement

God the shooting in the Piston's game is brutal

Advertisement