Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How to display a security key for a wireless network?

• 30-12-2010 2:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Hi i urgently require help!
    i was connecting my latop to a family wi-fi network which needed me to enter the password on the bottom of the router, so when i put that in it asked me if i wanted to set up a secure connection which i accidentally said yes to and set up the 13 digit security key

the wireless network before was previously unsecured and now i urgently need to gat that security code back up on my screen. all help appreciated

thank you

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,254 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

IF you connect to the router with a cable, you won't need the wifi password, and should be able to find it on the router's web interface. ipconfig /all at a command prompt will tell you the router's IP, listed as Default Gateway; put that in address bar of your browser

• Registered Users Posts: 33 btothei

cheers guys, i got it sorted, the default ip for eircom routers is different to the ones used by belkin which was the problem!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,283 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

its different for each manufacturer and evenn between some models. Having multiple router devices on the network will also change each unit's IP address in some way.

Advertisement