Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Add YouTube tags button to quick reply section

Options
  • 30-12-2010 4:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭

Simple suggestion!

Add youtube.gif to the Quick Reply section, next to quote.gif. It's a bit of a pain having to write the tags myself :)

Also, can it not be customised so that you can just copy and paste the full URL into the post (e.g. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAbnhuDLlQg), and then vBulletin can strip everything up to and including the equals sign?

Cheeeeers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Conor

Dave! wrote: »
    Simple suggestion!

Add youtube.gif to the Quick Reply section, next to quote.gif. It's a bit of a pain having to write the tags myself :)

I'll see what we can do.
    Dave! wrote: »
    Also, can it not be customised so that you can just copy and paste the full URL into the post (e.g. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAbnhuDLlQg), and then vBulletin can strip everything up to and including the equals sign?

That's not easy to do, due to the way vBulletin's tag system was designed. It's something we want to do (in addition to adding support for vimeo and others) but we haven't had time for it yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Awesome :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

Could you stick the spoiler one in as well?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Any update on the quick link to youtube vids ? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Conor

Any update on the quick link to youtube vids ? :)

Haven't got to it yet, sorry.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

coolaboola :P

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

I would also love to see that YouTube tag added.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement