Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leftover Smoked Salmon

Options
  • 30-12-2010 4:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭

Any ideas? Was thinking of a mousse/pate to make...would it be simple enough with some cream cheese, what else would be needed. Have looked at a few recipes varying from just Salmon + Cream + Cream cheese to all sorts of stuff. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,778 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Make a sauce with the aforementioned cream cheese & some dill if you have it. Maybe a squeeze of lemon juice too.

When the sauce is heated throw in thinly sliced strips of the salmon & allow to warm through. Serve with pasta of your choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

Hill Billy wrote: »
    Make a sauce with the aforementioned cream cheese & some dill if you have it. Maybe a squeeze of lemon juice too.

When the sauce is heated throw in thinly sliced strips of the salmon & allow to warm through. Serve with pasta of your choice.

I have a very similar recipe. fry garlic, onions, leeks. Add sour cream and then smoked salmon. I love 'cooked' smoked salmon.

Also made smoked salmon sushi yesterday if you are that way inclined.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Jenroche

Scrambled eggs with smoked salmon is gorgeous! I've also done the smoked salmon sushi thing. Very nice!

Advertisement