Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Astromaster 114eq for €175

Options
  • 30-12-2010 5:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭

Hi lads I'm looking at getting my first telescope and I'm asking is this a decent one for the price . I bought a powerseeker 127eq but brought it back after seeing how big it was as I needed to be able to transport it . The one in the title is a handy size and in mccauleys chemist as a special purchase for €175 although its my first scope iv been star gazing the past 12 months with a decent pair of binos

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Reactor

Dont waste your money, thats way too small for a reflector scope, and thats not a bargain price either, get a big pair of binoculars and a tripod if portability is your main criteria. Or go for a Schmidt Cassegrain style scope, they're more compact than a dob or reflector, still heavy though.

Advertisement