Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harewareversand.de build pc

Options
  • 30-12-2010 5:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭

Hi, i'm going to get a pc components but will they build it for me and if so how do I get them to do it?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

They built my brothers rig for €20 extra but he bought the components from them, i seriously doubt they will build for you with other components.

Did you plan on getting the hardware and then shipping to them for them to build? or am i reading your post wrong?
    Please dont tell me thats your plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Unregistered.

There's an option somwhere. I THINK you have to go into PC builder and add your own components, but I'm not sure. There might be an option before check out.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭seyeM

You should post this in your original thread instead of making new ones.

The option you're looking for is "PC-Configurator" along the top

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Jonny7

You have two options:

First one, choose English, obviously, then choose PC Configurator, do up your PC (don't forget DVD writer if you want one, 16 euros), then at the end you get the options for

Rechner - Zusammenbau 20 euros (build PC)
    Software-Installation 35 euros (install windows if you bought it plus all the drivers)

There is one problem - for whatever reason they don't allow you to spec a good graphics card with a power supply below 700 watts, which is stupid, but I guess they are covering themselves. All you do is spec up your PC with the power supply you want, leave out the graphics card and then add it into the basket at the end.

Second option, but haven't tried this myself. Apparently add everything you want into your basket, then when you've chosen everything - on the left main menu choose "Service", then choose Rechner - Zusammenbau - adding that to your basket will mean they should build it for you.

I had a look at your spec in the other post, seems okay but take your time don't rush - you can get that same graphics card for a little cheaper if you want (just a different make) - read reviews if you like. The 460 GTX is a great card (1 gig model)

The case you have chosen is a bit of a cheapie one - if you want a cheap case go with the thermaltake V4 - great looking thing. If yuo want to spend a bit more there a much better models around 60 euros with 2 fans better airflow etc.

Haven't had a look at the motherboard yet sorry, but you should probably try to pick up a USB3 model, also check if all the stuff is in stock, plenty of options there

I am sure someone with more time will give better analysis of the PC.

PS you can't pay by credit card you have to use bank transfer - don't worry they are German, you can rely on them, the packing anything I have received from them is second to none and no issues yet perhaps a long-ish wait for the delivery sometimes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭98q76e12hrflnk

Hi what would you suggest as a good low priced case and it appears you can pay by paypal for an extra charge.

• Advertisement

Hi what's the difference apart from the price

http://www4.hardwareversand.de/articlesearch.jsp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

Yea I paid using a credit card through paypal although they charge 3% extra ontop of the final price.

Hi what's the difference apart from the price

http://www4.hardwareversand.de/articlesearch.jsp
    From what?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,458 ✭✭✭Nollog

From what?

Probably didn't realise javascripted/javaservletted results only show on her screen, not everyone's.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭IReadUrSoul

do they do the overclocking as well?

• Advertisement

From what?

Link didn't show what I wanted but theynhave the two motherboards the exact same but ones 10 cheaper and it's called special item

Link didn't show what I wanted but theynhave the two motherboards the exact same but ones 10 cheaper and it's called special item
    Make and socket?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,460 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

it usually means that it is a returned item

• Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭Arcto

Hey guys, sorry to hijack thread but i didnt deem this worthy of a new thread!

Whats the shipping like to Ireland from these guys, price wise? And what's the average delivery time?

Cheers! (should be ringing in the new year buy purchasing an i7 950, evga gtx 570 super clocked and a few other bits and pieces from work in awhile)

Arcto wrote: »
    Whats the shipping like to Ireland from these guys, price wise? And what's the average delivery time?
    €30 euro, 5 working days.

Advertisement