Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway model making basics

• 30-12-2010 5:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 593 ✭✭✭

Hi All, I know there may be a shop in Galway called modelworld, but are there any other shops in the city of Galway that supply basics for static models - i.e. a basic range of paints and glue?

Failing that - any online stores in Ireland willing to post them?

Cheers in advance

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,482 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Zuiderzee wrote: »
    Hi All, I know there may be a shop in Galway called modelworld, but are there any other shops in the city of Galway that supply basics for static models - i.e. a basic range of paints and glue?

Failing that - any online stores in Ireland willing to post them?

Cheers in advance

I've been going with netmerchants.co.uk, which are Belfast based. Order early in the day and they can manage next day delivery.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,745 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

If you look at the Info about Model Trains sticky thread, you'll see a list of Irish shops that have a variety of model types and will send.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Zuiderzee

Just to say I checked out modelworld. Really nice guy there but they are kinda moving away from static models, paints etc. to concentrate on the RC side of things.

He did give me a lead that worked out well though -
    Art & Hobby (artnhobby.ie) Unit 11 Corbett Court Shopping Centre, Eyre Square, Galway.

They have a basic range for models and kits with a good range of paints and tools.
    I understand they are now the only people in the city who carry stuff like glue, revell paint and a basic range of models.
    An employee there gave me great advice on using acrylics which will be a first for me on my next project.

Also - big up to Spear, sourced a few bits and pieces from Netmerchants, they seem very on the ball, dispatched some of what I needed very quickly

Advertisement