Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Want to update my jtag 360

• 30-12-2010 5:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭

Hi i want to update my jtag 360 as im on the 8.9 firware but i cant find my nand i was looking at the videos for updateing to the kinect dash but they all say i need my nand is there any thing i can do ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Hi i want to update my jtag 360 as im on the 8.9 firware but i cant find my nand i was looking at the videos for updateing to the kinect dash but they all say i need my nand is there any thing i can do ?

Dump the existing nand using whatever method (Xell/360flash), & use Bestpig's toolbox to generate the nw updflash for you. Flash the new file on & voila.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭thenightrider

Ok Thanks ill give that a try now i take it that if i do it with xell i dont have to wire up my lpt lead agin and take aprt my 360

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Yep, personally I use flash360 via usb to dump & write to nand. There are several warnings when writing the new dash (bestpig generated) to nand, ignore them & flash it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

I didn't have to dump the nand, but I did write it with Xellous and not Flash360. As EnterNow said though, Flash360 works very well for dumping your current nand and writing the generated bin file to the nand. Ignore warnings about a zero-pair image when writing to the nand.

As an extra precaution, open the nand dump from Flash360 in 360 Flash Tool v0.97 using your CPU Key to ensure you can read the keyvault. You don't want a bad dump to spell the beginning of JTAG troubles :D

I cant get in to xell ive tryed the eject but loads of times holding it down just pressing it and i dont have a wired controller only wireless :mad:

• Advertisement

I just got in i used an other dvd drive but i had to leave the drive allready ejected when pressing down and holding the eject button to power it on now that im in xell i have to figure out what to do

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭docentore

I just got in i used an other dvd drive but i had to leave the drive allready ejected when pressing down and holding the eject button to power it on now that im in xell i have to figure out what to do

create update file with bestpig tool as EN has explained to you, change name to "updflash.bin", disconnect the power brick, connect usb stick with .bin file on it, connect power brick, boot to xell/xellous wait few minutes and voila!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

Do you have the SMC wiring?

Advertisement