Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Road.To.Close.No.Payment....WTF??

Options
  • 30-12-2010 5:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,966 ✭✭✭

Has anyone noticed those signs that appear on the M1 every now and again that say 'road to close no payment'?
    They've been there for years on and off.
    What the hell are they about and who's doing it? :confused:

CPL 593H

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Tails142

I'm guessing its a landowner that may have been CPO'd when the road was built and is in dispute over it?

Good luck to him anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

I actually seen the guy putting up these signs one evening when on my commute home.

Its a bloke in his late 50's/60's ,there he was tapping the signs into the ground on the grass,probably spent the day painting up the signs in his shed:)
    As said, probably felt he got screwed over price wise for his land when the motorway land had to be bought.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭The Guvnor

Seen them all the time.

Obviously it would have to be a disgruntled land owner.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭sNarah

Like what Tails142 said, from what I've heard, he got a CPO back in the day but was never payed for it, something like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭Hank_Jones

Does anyone actually know who this guy is?

Wouldn't mind talking to him, think it would be an interesting subject.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭macadam

Hank_Jones wrote: »
    Does anyone actually know who this guy is?

Wouldn't mind talking to him, think it would be an interesting subject.

His name is Ned Stoker, he is a brother of Abraham "Bram" Stoker you can call up to him any night as long as you are alone and its black dark.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭Hank_Jones

macadam wrote: »
    His name is Ned Stoker, he is a brother of Abraham "Bram" Stoker you can call up to him any night as long as you are alone and its black dark.

Does he live in a big castle?

And I'll sit there eating and he won't eat a thing?

Thats him,.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,966 ✭✭✭furiousox

That's why the signs appear at night!

CPL 593H

furiousox wrote: »
    That's why the signs appear at night!

Well after all Bram Stoker was a Northside Dub from Clontarf, and I think the land in question is actually in Fingal.

Pm sent

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

well ye can joke about it? it has obviously been robbed by the motorway guys.... been there its not nice

• Registered Users Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

macadam wrote: »
    Well after all Bram Stoker was a Northside Dub from Clontarf, and I think the land in question is actually in Fingal.

Pm sent

He was actually from Marino Crescent, just between Marino and Fairview.
    The local "dead celeb" when I was growing up, we actually walked from our school down to where he was born!!

Advertisement