Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Girlfriend needs tampons.....

Options
  • 30-12-2010 6:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭

my girlfriend is suffering with period pains and wants me to go buy tampons,am i right in thinking this is an outrageous request?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭mrfantastico

no,buy her them,there will be blood everywhere.....EVERYWHERE

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭moonshadow

Bleedin cheek of her..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭Wurly

If you were 12, yes. As a grown man, no.
    ;)

They're only tampons t'jaysis.:)

I think the shop assistant will have an inkling that they're not for you.... ha

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Would you rather listen to her complaining about the cramps, and the pains, and the ordeal of having to go get them herself in pain because you never do anything for her when she needs it and is in pain and you wouldnt help and blahdeblahdeblahdeblah?

Do yourself a favour and go buy the damn tampons. Fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭Banjaxed82

What's the big deal? What are you worried about? It's not like you're buying them to stick up your own hole.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

Bloody hell.
    No it isn't outrageous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭strokemyclover

Bet she'll love you posting about it on After Hours when she eventually finds your username on your PC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

Just the tip of the gofor iceberg. After you've bought them be sure to stick one in each of your ears to avoid further requests.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭1qTour

Trí wrote: »
    If you were 12, yes. As a grown man, no.
    ;)

They're only tampons t'jaysis.:)

I think the shop assistant will have an inkling that they're not for you.... ha

Still tho... asking a man to do her shopping is the core point of the original post. Absolutely wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭theboss80

Have you got cotton buds and cellotape?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

It's not an outrageous request. Just use the self-service tills at Tesco if you're that paranoid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭AntiMatter

It would be bady form if you didn't, OP.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

No, do the decent thing and show you care.
    (Besides, if you don't - she will NEVER forget!)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Just use a sock or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

When you go into chemist, also buy some condoms, and vasaline and await reaction.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 dizzymac

alwaysadub wrote: »
    Bloody hell.

Thats all this time of the month is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭AntiMatter

irish-stew wrote: »
    When you go into chemist, also buy some condoms, and vasaline and await reaction.

Not forgetting the latex gloves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Buy a slab of beer, a playboy and some lynx when buying the tampons so the checkout girls will know you're still a real man.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Santa Claus

Be sure to keep 1 or 2 for yourself after you buy them in case you ever get a bad nosebleed !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

Tell her to man up.

A bit of aul fanny blood never killed anyone.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭Wurly

Biggins wrote: »
    No, do the decent thing and show you care.
    (Besides, if you don't - she will NEVER forget!)

This is true....:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭gothicus

my girlfriend is suffering with period pains and wants me to go buy tampons,am i right in thinking this is an outrageous request?

LOL what a PUSSY u are PMSL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

ill never forget the young lad who had to buy some for his missus and he was letting everyone go ahead of him,i politely declined:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

See if you have any sealant in the shed..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,790 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Follow this advice TO THE LETTER (possibly nsfw)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

I'd be morto if I were you, it's gonna be so embarressing walking to the feminine hygiene section, people will be looking at you wondering if you're some kind of sicko. Then you'll pick up the tampons (check nobody else is in the aisle when you do this) and people will see you walking around with them, they won't say anything but they'll be cringing. Then when you get to the counter, you'll be queuing up for at least a couple of minutes, and the people behind you will see what you're holding and you'll start going red. Then some young wan will serve you and she'll be like "Is tha' all?", and you'll be like "eh... yeah...", "WHA?", "Yeah...", and when you leave she'll be whispering to the other girls at the till and they'll remember your face in case you come back. I'd recommend buying a load of male hygiene products like Lynx and the likes, and just sneaking the tampons in there and hope that they don't notice what they are when they're scanning them. Pretty unlikely though, the packaging is very obvious and distinctive.

In short, it's gonna be horrific, and if I were you I'd be dreading it. Horrific. You're f*cked.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭PK2008

Theres nothing sexier than a man who is willing to buy tampons for his GF.

Except a man who tucks his junk between his legs and dances around like the fairy queen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Punch yourself in the nose on the way, make sure it's bleeding a lot and say you got jumped as you were walking past the chemist. Make you seem dead cool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

Will she be putting out any time soon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Devia

Advertisement