Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What to spend my 2100 ms points on?

• 30-12-2010 6:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭

got 2100 ms pts off the mrs for xmas (thats not my main present ,was met with a narky puss) just wondering what to get in store with it, i like shooter and driving games , i saw battlefield 1942 for 1200 , also call of duty original for 1200 , theres also a few for 800 , i made a mistake of buying sonic last year which turned out to be a big let down , i remember it being a lot better on the sega , dont really want to wait for the blops map packs as i heard they will be a while coming . so any suggestions would be great thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭grimm2005

Limbo is on sale tomorrow (probably for 600MSP) and is meant to be a great game, i'll be picking it up myself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

Black Ops First Strike will be out in 4 weeks so I'd say hold on but if you wanna spend now, there's a few offers on for the Countdown To 2011 deal currently running, one of which is the afformentioned Limbo tomorrow hopefully. Played the demo and it's one of the best arcade titles I've seen

You mention you like shooters and racers but I'd suggest to avoid them on XBLA, use your arcade purchases to buy the quirky, off centre games, ones you'd never find in a shop, and save the shooter and racer needs for the COD and NFS games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭Usersname

Battlefield 1943 is the best value you will get for your points if you like shooters. It has planes and tanks and jeeps and turrets and boats and AA guns and parachutes... the list goes on. (plus destructible walls, shoot a wall with a tank, grenade launcher or rocket launcher and watch it crumble, killing anyone hiding inside)

Trials HD is probably the best game to get for a driving game. Its different but fun. Plus you can download user-made maps for free so essentially its like buying a game with infinity number of maps.

So in conclusion, these are two of the best games available in my opinion. Hope this helps man!

I would also add Shadow Complex to this list. A must have game imo and could almost have been a proper retail game. A steal at 1200MSP.

Don't forget every arcade game has a trial so you can try all these games to see if they're your type of game before commiting to a purchase

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

limbo tomorrow for hopefully sub 600 points. its meant to be an excellent game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭Dues Bellator

grimm2005 wrote: »
    Limbo is on sale tomorrow (probably for 600MSP) and is meant to be a great game, i'll be picking it up myself
    what is limbo a shooter or driving game ?

niallon wrote: »
    Black Ops First Strike will be out in 4 weeks so I'd say hold on but if you wanna spend now, there's a few offers on for the Countdown To 2011 deal currently running, one of which is the afformentioned Limbo tomorrow hopefully. Played the demo and it's one of the best arcade titles I've seen

You mention you like shooters and racers but I'd suggest to avoid them on XBLA, use your arcade purchases to buy the quirky, off centre games, ones you'd never find in a shop, and save the shooter and racer needs for the COD and NFS games.
    i can easily wait 4 weeks , thanks for the heads up , dlc for COD is normally 1200 msp:eek: , so if limbo is 600 me thinks ill buy that to keep me going as you all seemed to mention that title.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

GTA: San Andreas is 1200 I think :D

SantryRed wrote: »
    GTA: San Andreas is 1200 I think :D
    tempted by that also

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

almanu wrote: »
    what is limbo a shooter or driving game ?
    Neither

• Advertisement

Healium wrote: »
    Neither
    eh ok thanks , what type of game is it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

almanu wrote: »
    eh ok thanks , what type of game is it?

Unfortunately you just missed a great black friday sales week where a lot of titles were hugely reduced. San Andreas was 400MSP for 1 day only for example. That said, keep an eye on the weekly deals, theres often some very good games discounted. This weeks is deadliest warrior, down from 800 to 400MSP, apparently it's not very good though.

Speaking of xbox originals though, Physchonauts is a very good game which i'd highly recommend also. castle crashers is also on sale for the holidays, down to 600MSP and it's great fun. Kind of reminds me of Golden Axe except more cartoony and humourous

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,911 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Im in the same boat i have 2100 points to spend and not sure what is worth getting i have Limbo already and don't own the original disks for any of the DLC mentioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭hypersquirrel

Cloning Clyde is pretty good for 400 points.

Advertisement