Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Controllers disconnecting from xbox

• 30-12-2010 7:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 161 ✭✭

Hi all,

The wireless controllers on my 3 year old elite have started to disconnect when playing a game. It started out randomly but now happens every few minutes. I bought another just in case it was fecked, but it's also happening on this one as well. There are no error messages or red rings, Should i start looking for its replacement or is it a known issue with a quick fix? thanks.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 586 ✭✭✭mlindsay215

Do you use batteries or plug and play?

Have you changed the batteries?
    What batteries to you use?

Make sure the controller is upright when playing sometimes the charge pack can come loose if dropped, although a new controller will fix this issue.

Just a suggestion.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

1. Did you leave batteries in it and they leaked? if so you need to clean all the contacts.
    2. The battery compartment could be coming loose especially if you have used third party battery packs in it as they're not always a perfect fit and can make the pack come loose.

Hope this may help

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 529 ✭✭✭passingthrough

iv had a similar problem, official controller and batteries were fine etc, simple solution that worked for me was wedge a tiny bit of paper at the top of the battery holder which wedges it in just a little bit tighter and it has happened since

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 161 ✭✭patpark121

iv had a similar problem, official controller and batteries were fine etc, simple solution that worked for me was wedge a tiny bit of paper at the top of the battery holder which wedges it in just a little bit tighter and it has happened since

Perfect thanks a lot passingthrough. Simplest fix ever.
    Piece of paper = 2 hours hassle free gaming & continuing.
    Thanks again.;)

Advertisement