Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Making Life Decisions Based on Readings

Options
  • 30-12-2010 7:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

Hi All,

I have never gone to psychic or got my fortune read or anything like that before. I am a bit cynical and cautious of it, and feel it may be a rip off but at the same time I am open to the idea that some may be genuine.

Anyway, it being the time of the year that it is, I have been thinking a lot about my life path. I have some personal issues and I need to make decisions about my life, but I am just so indecisive about which way to go, I don't particularly want to divulge my personal issues to a fortune teller / psychic, but I am wondering if somehow they may be able to point me in the direction of what I should do with my life in 2011?

And I am just wondering if anyone has ever gotten advice or made decisions on what they have been told by psychic / fortune tellers and if so do you believe it was of benefit to you or not?

Thanks in advance,
    From Betwixt & Between :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭stepdoyle

been to a few and in my opinion you're wasting your time using them to make life decisions. Good for a laugh but if its a serious decision dont rely on them. At best they will just give you the situation and say you have a decision, at worst they will tell you the right decision which you will probably choose because they said it! I've gotten false hope from my readings and wasted my time.

Ive seen, Eddie, June & Grainne on south william street. Juian in georges st arcade, Mary in ilac centre, Sean in clonee and a guy called martin. They've all told me things i thought interesting at the time but lot of it was crap to be honest. I made the mistake of using one psychic to try validate what another said. Was going through bad time and wanted to hear things would be better. More or less got the same reading off them all regarding choices in my life which made me more confused.

If you go to one just go as entertainment. Please dont make decisions or get your hopes up. I'd recommend June in Psychic I on south william street for value for money.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Spirited54321

Hi Stepdoyle,

Thanks for your insight and opinion, I think I will go at some stage just out of curiosity but I will be aware not to be taken in by it.

You said that you went to get readings when you were going through bad time and wanted to hear things would be better, I suppose like you were then I am at a low ebb at the moment but I recognise that, and will keep in mind that the reading may be a load of claptrap :)

Also when you say that you have gotten false hope from your readings and wasted your time, how so? Obviously there is no need to answer this question as it may be personal in some way or you may not wish to share.

But if you had the contact details of June on South William Street / rough cost / and details of whether I have to make an appointment? If you could post or pm them thanks! Also one final question, can I just let them do all the talking or is it more a two way process? No worries if you are busy. Happy new year

Hi

You just walk in to see June. Shes normally there from 1-5pm Tuesday-Saturday. Cost is 50 euro. Grainne reads there too but she is busy with appointments, shes the yoinger blonde one with the dog. If you get in first as shes opening then you'll get a long reading from June. Ive been a couple of times to her and she tries her best to answer problems by doing loads of cards. Very nice woman, she'll do the talking and will only ask questions if its relative to the issue. Just dont blurt out everything and you'll be more amazed when something comes up that you hadnt mentioned.

Ah i got false hope about a relationship, was told she was my soulmate. Lets just say no one told her she was lol. When something like that gets put in your head its hard to make certain decisions so thats why i say be wary.

You could also try Mary in the Ilac centre. Shes only 30 euro but i got the exact same reading from her as from June which was weird. Nice woman but she is a bit more Angels and crystal balls. But i got a regular tarot from her.

Have a good new years

Hi Stepdoyle,

I will pay heed to what you say about soulmate front :).
    Thanks again for the reply, much appreciated.
    All the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 galwaygirl54

Hi Does June work on Saturdays?

• Advertisement

yes

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Melodi

I always, always tell my clients to NEVER make a major life decision based only on one reading, even one from me (lol). A reading is a tool, hopefully it is insightful and gives you glimpses of the future; your true desires and the direction the wind is blowing at the moment.

The results of a good reading (one you feel in your gut really worked) can be used in conjunction with things like common sense, a talk with a close friend or family member, your current situation etc., etc..

I always suggest that people get a second opinion, either from another reader and/or talking it over with someone they trust before making any final choices. This is especially true for the great life choices like: should I accept a marriage proposal, should I buy a house, should I quit my job and move to Alaska etc.

What a good reading (or reader) can help you do, is to know you own heart. I have noticed after more than two decades of doing various sorts of psychic readings that much of the time, we already know in our hearts what our decision (or the situation) really is. The cards, the psychic or the medium; simply help bring that realization to the surface.

Obviously there is more too it than that, if there's a big future shock waiting just around the corner and it shows up in the cards, the client may have had no idea what was coming. But, even when something like that shows up in the cards, I always remind clients that the cards simply foreshadow the most likely outcome; given the current situation. People always have the power to choose how they will respond to any given event. Even life events that truly are fated, always present this choice of the human WILL vs. Fate.

I firmly believe we are not helpless little boats bobbing rudderless on a stormy sea. We have oars (our hands), sailors (our minds) and rudders (our own will) to direct us. A good reader (even when reading for yourself) is like a map or star chart, they tell you what paths may lie in different directions, but it is up to you (and often those around you) to decide to go North, South, East or West. It is also up to you to decide what to do in an emergency, to put on a life your own life jacket and call for help if the ship flips over in a storm.

That's not an exact analogy, but it works; so enjoy your readings, if they are good they should be a bit more than "infotainment," but always keep your common sense handy, because any reader can get something wrong or just not quite understand something. You, your heart and you gut are usually the best judge; and when you feel so strongly about something you can't sort it alone, hopefully the reader can help you sort it; followed by a chat with your best friend.

Hope that helps,
    Melodi in the Midlands

stepdoyle wrote: »
    yes
    Thanks for prompt reply

Thanks so much for replying

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭meryem

To make decisions that impact ones life one should always go with personal experience and wisdom instead of reader advice for regardless of their capability to guide one they still be considered just a advice.

• Advertisement

Wise words will heed them Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭MysticalSoul

She is not on South William Street any more. I heard she has moved to Abbey Street but not 100% sure.

Melodi wrote: »
    I firmly believe we are not helpless little boats bobbing rudderless on a stormy sea. We have oars (our hands), sailors (our minds) and rudders (our own will) to direct us. A good reader (even when reading for yourself) is like a map or star chart, they tell you what paths may lie in different directions, but it is up to you (and often those around you) to decide to go North, South, East or West. It is also up to you to decide what to do in an emergency, to put on a life your own life jacket and call for help if the ship flips over in a storm.

Thanks Melodi for thoughtful and insightful response.

I liked the analogy :)

Advertisement