Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

moderator test

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭ormondprop

that would be perfect, 15 quid, just haveto buy some ammo now so

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭poulo6.5

ormondprop wrote: »
    that would be perfect, 15 quid, just haveto buy some ammo now so

when do you want to do this.

i won't be able to do this weekend because i have matches but if it suits everyone else i could drop you down my mod some evening and ye can use it away, could anyone else who is interested in coming say when they want to di it?
    this week some day if your still on holidays or the weekend or some weekend in the next few weeks?

time to reseruct this, i havent forgotten about it, just havent had time for it due to work during the week and i've been playing rugby and any time i did get a free day i used it to go hunting, so i was thinking maybe we could do this paddys weekend or over the easter holidays, what you guys think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭poulo6.5

ormondprop wrote: »
    time to reseruct this, i havent forgotten about it, just havent had time for it due to work during the week and i've been playing rugby and any time i did get a free day i used it to go hunting, so i was thinking maybe we could do this paddys weekend or over the easter holidays, what you guys think

I'm still up for it anyway.
    I was up the mountain today for an hour.
    I painted my targets and fired some shots at 430y and 550y.
    Let me know when you are ready to do this.

• Advertisement

550 yards:eek: sounds like a challenge for me with my hornet, if carlsberg did ammo

our rugby season is nearly over and hunting is nearly finished aswell so i should be free some weekend in the next few weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭derek_g34

I'm going to try out the S5 ASE ULTRA on the .308 tomorrow.

Turns out it is the same thread so I can bring both Mods with me, and try both

She is smaller in overall length but perhaps similar in effective length

Hey Tackleberry,

Any reason why you're using an Ase Utra S5 on your .308? On their brochure they list an S7 for .308 - .338.

Did you guys get around to meeting up yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

derek_g34 wrote: »
    Hey Tackleberry,

Any reason why you're using an Ase Utra S5 on your .308? On their brochure they list an S7 for .308 - .338.

Did you guys get around to meeting up yet?

It is .30 cal. I was using it on the .223 for 2 reasons.
    1. It was stainless and rifle is stainless
    2. It is a very short moderator
    I was also advised to get a bigger than .25 cal if I ever went .308 (which I did soon after)

I did not want a long moderator as the Rifle had a 26" barrel and I did not want it looking longer
    Hopefully that makes sense

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭derek_g34

I'm in the process of looking into a suppressor for my own .308. I haven't a clue where to start. I like the look of the Ase Utra, they're made in Finland...and the Sako boys seem to know what they're doing:D

I'm in the process of looking into a suppressor for my own .308. I haven't a clue where to start. I like the look of the Ase Utra, they're made in Finland...and the Sako boys seem to know what they're doing:D

They are really well built, a shade heavy though in stainless.

The smaller the mod the quicker it heats too.
    Firing off 20 rounds and then having to wait 5 mins for it to cool can be a pain :D

Only an issue with high mag scopes that can pick up the Mirage

I'll be using it Sunday at MNSCI

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

ASE Northstar .30 cal on the Sako 75 varmint .308. But I use it mainly on my .223.
    It's a couple of oz's lighter than a T8 and shorter. Keeps the noise down from the rifle very well.

InsyntheticstockandASENorthstarmod.jpg
    Intimberstock07.jpg

DSCN5031.jpg
    I think the best Mod on the Market are the Roedale for Stalking/hunting as they in Aluminium are sooooooo light and the build quality is fantastic.

Cheaper than an ASE too!

I think the best Mod on the Market are the Roedale for Stalking/hunting as they in Aluminium are sooooooo light and the build quality is fantastic.

Cheaper than an ASE too!

You can't complain about that. I think Edi is the agent for them.

clivej wrote: »
    You can't complain about that. I think Edi is the agent for them.

When i can scrape a few shillings together I will get one for teh .308 and leave the ASE for .223

Unless Edi does Hire Purchase!!

When i can scrape a few shillings together I will get one for teh .308 and leave the ASE for .223

Unless Edi does Hire Purchase!!

I'd say he will but you get the goods with the final payment. :p

clivej wrote: »
    I'd say he will but you get the goods with the final payment. :p

Ah that is not Hire purchase!

I used tio do a lot of HP off dealers. It was the only way for me.

50 now, 20 later 100 later 20 and so on. It's always a feast or famine with me!:D

After Taxing my jeep and motor bike, Insuring motorbike, buying a new barrel and buying college project components I am now brassic again.

Ah that is not Hire purchase!

I used tio do a lot of HP off dealers. It was the only way for me.

50 now, 20 later 100 later 20 and so on. It's always a feast or famine with me!:D

After Taxing my jeep and motor bike, Insuring motorbike, buying a new barrel and buying college project components I am now brassic again.

Same here either it's a feast or a famine.
    I try to get as much of the dosh together first before I do a deal so that some of the pain is taken away.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Mauser 308

DSCN5031.jpg

Cheaper than an ASE too!
    Hey Tack, how does the T8 compare to the Roedale for noise reduction on the 308?. What sort of money do they run?

Mauser 308 wrote: »
    Hey Tack, how does the T8 compare to the Roedale for noise reduction on the 308?. What sort of money do they run?

I never got around to buying on so I can't speak for noise reduction.

They are ~1/3 smaller and Lighter than a T8

http://www.roedaleprecision.com/epages/schalldaempfer.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Dachipster

I know this is an old thread, but did ye ever get around to doing the test.

I am trying to find info to make an educated choice on a mod for a tikka .223. Looking for something that will last, is tidy and obviously quite.

Question: do the over barrel ones mark the outside of the barrel?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭4200fps

I've listened to ase,wildcat and T8.
    They are 3 good mods but T8 is quietest.
    Rap paper around barrel before sleeving mod down the barrel and thread while
    paper is wrapped around barrel.when tight whip of the paper and no scratchs from bushing. T8 will last if you wd-40 it and mind it but won't last as long as rest but if you wan't a quiet mod it is the best i've witnessed so far. T8 are heavy tho but I love mine. I've it on Tikka lite so don't mind weight. Tikka barrels will show a scratch very easily but mine has none from doing it that way. What you buy is your call lad

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭hedzball

I've a third eye tactical on order..

Quiet doesnt really bother me I'm more affected by weight..

I'll do a report once I get it.

Advertisement