Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I am possibly the greatest runner of all time!

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 239 ✭✭pokermonkey

Delighted - 2 miles in one go! not the easiest run I've ever done. May have been a little excited and shot off at the start, but got through it so happy days! Left calf and right quad were at me a bit though.

I'm sure any of the 'real' runners will get a kick out of how short my 'big' run was, but I'm delighted with myself. All i need to do now is keep it up :)

Anyway, Here's the log
    Time: 00:20:06
    Distance: 2.07 miles
    Calories: 409
    Avg Pace: 9:41
    Avg HR: 175 bpm

Ok, didn't get a chance to get on yesterday - here be y last 2 runs. Today was tough...

Run 6.1 (0.5J, 0.25W, 0.75J, 0.25W, 0.5J)
    Time: 00:23:53
    Distance: 2.41 miles
    Calories: 454
    Avg Pace: 9:53
    Avg HR: 171 bpm

Run 6.2 (1.0J, 0.25W, 1.0J)
    Time: 00:22:30
    Distance: 2.30 miles
    Calories: 437
    Avg Pace: 9:35
    Avg HR: 161 bpm

So, Tuesday is a nice 2.25 miles straight run. Cant wait!:eek:

That was AWFUL! Possibly not the best idea to start the run up hill for the first half a mile. Did pretty much the whole thing on concrete. Feet were killing me for the second half of the run so i slowed up and hopped over to the grass where I could. I fear my wight is firmly against me. I'm gonna miss the Walk/Run combos....:(

Run 6.3 (2.25J)
    Time: 00:21:49
    Distance: 2.27 miles
    Calories: 452
    Avg Pace: 9:35
    Avg HR: 172bpm

Its the first time in 10 runs I haven't enjoyed myself. I really hope that it was just a blip.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Are you in old shoes by any chance? The cushioning could be gone in them, I know that when I first started running my first pair of shoes lasted only about 3-4 months because my weight killed them (I would have been just under 15 stone when I started, and I'm much shorter than you). Also, there's absolutely nothing wrong with doing your runs on the grass, it is much easier on the joints.

ha - my "shoes" are the vibram 5 fingers. Almost non-existant cushioning, but I'm running with a mid/forefoot strike so impact shouldn't be that much of a problem. I'm obviously a little wary of whether or not I can continue all the way to the Marathon in them, but I'd like to give them a chance. Everything in "born to run" made sense to me, especially given the problems I had with normal shoes before. I'll finish out the next 3 weeks of the C25K on the grass and I'll see how I stand then I guess. I'd be really disappointed if I had to give them up though.

• Advertisement

Brr - it's cold out there!

Run 7.1 (2.5J)
    Time: 00:24:10
    Distance: 2.60 miles
    Calories: 487
    Avg Pace: 9:16
    Avg HR: 163bpm

Very surprised by my avg speed and drop in my HR. Was a very tough run. Started quick and slowed for 2nd mile, but obviously not by much. Not too bad on the ankles this time. Ran mostly on the semi frozen grass. I hope this continues to get easier. Not far off 5km now (3.11 ish miles) I'll be running it in week 9. Can't wait. If I continue at this pace I won't be too far off my first goal!

C25K Week 7.2 - another 2.5mile run.
    Haven't been eating great today and yesterday - I definitely felt the difference in the run.

Time: 00:24:58
    Distance: 2.63 miles
    Calories: 498
    Avg Pace: 9:28
    Avg HR: 179 bpm

Can't wait for pay-day to buy some healthy food again!

Left foot (across the top) is quite sore today - so much so its difficult to walk. Didn't think my run yesterday was that bad, but I must have tweaked it somehow.
    As much as I don't want to miss a session, i think i might just not do my run tonight. I have it on ice at the mo - if its better tomorrow, I'll do the run then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 FitFeet

Left foot (across the top) is quite sore today - so much so its difficult to walk. Didn't think my run yesterday was that bad, but I must have tweaked it somehow.
    As much as I don't want to miss a session, i think i might just not do my run tonight. I have it on ice at the mo - if its better tomorrow, I'll do the run then.

Oh No? What happened? Takes a while to get used to the Vibrams, did you get your injury running in them? As i say, slowly, slowly catchy monkey :) hopefully your back running soon!

Ok,
    First proper run back after a month off with injury. Not easy.

Time: 00:15:12
    Distance: 1.62 miles
    Calories: 302
    Avg Pace: 9:21
    Avg HR: 183 bpm

Wearing runners. No more vibrams till i drop some weight!
    Here's to starting slowly!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭BrokenMan

Take it easy coming back, last thing you want to do is aggrevate the injury

Advertisement