Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank Account to Credit Union

Options
  • 30-12-2010 8:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know if you can use online banking to transfer money from your current account to a credit union account. I have a direct debit at the minute taking out a certain amount out every week but I would like to be able to change the amount each week. I have my credit card set up as a beneficiary so I can pay of what ever I want each week so just wondering if I could do it the same way.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭skyhighflyer

Yes, I have it set up that way. If your credit union is connected to the clearing system you can phone them up and they'll give you an account number (usually your credit union a/c number with a few extra digits) and sort code. You can then set that up in your online banking and pay into the account as and when you like (referencing your CU a/c number each time).

I find it very handy as you can pay in as and when you have a little bit extra, plus the hassle of getting to the credit union means the money's more likely to stay there then in a savings account. :)

Advertisement