Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Couple of Jtag questions

• 30-12-2010 9:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,191 ✭✭✭

Santa was kind enough to bring my brother a Jtagged xbox for Christmas, I guess they are still wokring through old stock up in the north pole :pac:

Its running the kinnect dash

So anyways I got a couple of questions:

Freestyle Dash
    Background, I stole the hard drive and memory stick I was using from my own jtag and it was reasonably happy working with Freestyle 1.2, but now I want to update to FS RC. I removed freestyle 1.2 from the memory stick and put rc on it. It loads up fine but it cant find any games... and i cant find the config file!? Should i be removing something from the hard drive of my xbox related to the old freestyle too, if so what?

Im also looking to make freestyle a shortcut in the main xbox menu, i presume that possible? (im not sure am i bothered replacing the original dash)

Is there an option to do the indexing on the xbox itself?

Original xbox games
    I have an original of "Red Card" and when i try play it from the disk it says "Download again", Is there updates i need to get this going?

Follow on question, judging by the reports i heard on the interwebs I can stick this disc in and back it up to the hard drive using freestlye if i put it in a folder called "xbox1". am i reporting right?

Optional Media Update
    I installed the optional media update, that i grabbed from somewhere. I ran through yaris swap and all seems ok, except I cant see the videos! I can hear sound ok though , but the videos are all black. Now there is a couple of unknowns in this scenario as im using a linux server to stream the files, but it should work. I guess i need to do more investigating before i can get help with it, and try it with windows media player or something.

Thats it for now, i think :)

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

Freestyle Dash 2.0 will allow you to configure game paths within, you won't need to mess around with a config.xml file.

I recommended getting Freestyle Dash 2.0 to boot automatically using Dash Launch, Freestyle scans your game content and queries the Xbox Marketplace for descriptions, artwork etc..

As for the media-streaming question, I think the Xbox 360 plays best with a Windows based PC. Try installing Windows 7 on a seperate partition, I think Windows Media Center is built-in to this edition of Windows so just point it to your library and your Xbox 360 should be able to pick it up on the local network.

Advertisement