Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

distance course for fetac

Options
  • 30-12-2010 9:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

I want to do a PLC fetac but I don't have a LC, I was thinking of doing a distance learning course.

Would a recognised distance learning course along with relevant work experience be enough to be accepted into a plc fetac course with a LC?

The course I was thinking of doing is run by stonebridge which apparently upon succesful completion of the course, you have what is equivalant to a level 3 on the NFQ in the UK. From what I understand it is the same as having an A level? But I don't really know anything about the UK system.

this is their website: http://www.stonebridge.uk.com/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Further Ed.

If you are over 23 and thus deemed a Mature Student you dont need to have a LC. Contact your local PLC or FE college and ask their advise about entry requirements - they differ from college to college.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭mbiking123

What do you want to study

Open University is geared to people going back to college wanting to achieve a third level qualification

Advertisement