Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Total Health & Fitness Tycor

• 30-12-2010 9:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 403 ✭✭

Does anyone know if this is still open?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭wellbutty

Think its closing today, all the equipment is listed on DoneDeal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭calvin_zola

is that the 3rd gym there in as many years..... think that gym business in Waterford is sowed up with the Kingfisher, glass, weightlifting and woodlands.... 4 big gyms servicing a handy sized city

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 gym bunny 21

sad to see yet another small business go to the wall. I was going to check this place out as my membership is up now in jan in the club im in. heard there is a new place in kilbarry near the new tesco some place, i need to have a shop around now before i part with me hard earned cash.

sad to see yet another small business go to the wall. I was going to check this place out as my membership is up now in jan in the club im in. heard there is a new place in kilbarry near the new tesco some place, i need to have a shop around now before i part with me hard earned cash.

the glass gym have a good offer at the moment called 15:50

for 50 quid ya get 15 gym or swin/sauna/steam passes....not bad, it words out at 3.30 a go....and ya don't have any monthly dds or joining fees and ya use it at your leisure

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 759 ✭✭✭ltdslipdiff

Joined Goldstone myself there in November, love the place !! No pool, but the equipment is top class, the numbers are small and the Staff are very good. No I don't work there ! Well worth a visit and I'm sure they'll have New Year Specials for membership. Number is 051 354802

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Mooley22

i think goldstone and total health and fitness are the same price for membership so goldsone would be worth a look.im going out sunday to see what its like so ill report back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭Chris P. Bacon

Crossfit is another gym in the city opening up next month

http://www.crossfitwaterford.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 767 ✭✭✭Odats

Yeah was up in Total Health and Fitness since I came back from Kenya and have to say it's a shame it closed down as was down in Kingfisher today and the equipment was much better in Total Health and Fitness from the weights to the cross trainer etc. Seems apart from WWTC which has it's niche market and is fantastic realistically you need a pool,sauna, steam room etc to survive.
    Before I left yesterday their was prospective new owners asking me about the facilities etc. They were Polish/Eastern European and said they were thinking of reopening it up and using the studio part for MMA,Brazilian Jiu Jitsu classes.
    We'll wait and see I suppose.

Odats wrote: »
    Yeah was up in Total Health and Fitness since I came back from Kenya and have to say it's a shame it closed down as was down in Kingfisher today and the equipment was much better in Total Health and Fitness from the weights to the cross trainer etc. Seems apart from WWTC which has it's niche market and is fantastic realistically you need a pool,sauna, steam room etc to survive.
    Before I left yesterday their was prospective new owners asking me about the facilities etc. They were Polish/Eastern European and said they were thinking of reopening it up and using the studio part for MMA,Brazilian Jiu Jitsu classes.
    We'll wait and see I suppose.

is there much studios around town already for this, thought there was this kind of stuff out the old kilmeaden road

is there much studios around town already for this, thought there was this kind of stuff out the old kilmeaden road

I think it's the Polish lads that train up in Billy's premises next to WWTC that want to move into there so they would have their own regulars. The one your on about is Waterford MMA & Waterford Muay Thai down in Lacken Business Park that's the main one in town and the majority would train MMA and Muay Thai there like myself.
    However, there would be interest I'd say for regular gi BJJ classes in the town and the instructor is good. There's no proper pure BJJ club in town that does regular classes during the week (think Billy's is only every Saturday AFAIK which doesn't suit everybody) and that would be a plus

• Advertisement

I think it's the Polish lads that train up in Billy's premises next to WWTC that want to move into there so they would have their own regulars. The one your on about is Waterford MMA & Waterford Muay Thai down in Lacken Business Park that's the main one in town and the majority would train MMA and Muay Thai there like myself.
    However, there would be interest I'd say for regular gi BJJ classes in the town and the instructor is good. There's no proper pure BJJ club in town that does regular classes during the week (think Billy's is only every Saturday AFAIK which doesn't suit everybody) and that would be a plus

There is another place on the old Kilmeaden road,in the cattle mart.

There is another place on the old Kilmeaden road,in the cattle mart.

That's the Judo Club. Waterford Muay Thai & MMA used to use the facility but moved to their own premises in Lacken Business Park this time last year.

That's the Judo Club. Waterford Muay Thai & MMA used to use the facility but moved to their own premises in Lacken Business Park this time last year.

No bother,ive never been in either of them just seen them from a far :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 431 ✭✭1967

There is another place opening on the northern extension but think it will be more weights based definiteley no pool,its one of the new units past curran foods,they hope to open next month as far as i know.

1967 wrote: »
    There is another place opening on the northern extension but think it will be more weights based definiteley no pool,its one of the new units past curran foods,they hope to open next month as far as i know.

Yeah if you see my post above yours maybe 5 up, I posted the link for the place;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 431 ✭✭1967

Ah right i did not realise thats where its been set up i know a few lads use the existing facilities and rate it highly.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭savic04

i have been doing Crossfit along with about 50 others now since mid summer...

Its not a normal gym like a Kingfisher or such like, but its a strength and conditioning where every day the same workout is done by every class...

Because its persoanl training at every class, it really works well.
    Being going to Kingfishger since the day it opened, but will be doing this from now on, with the new premises in Estate , it will get even bigger.. but ITS NOT A GYM like people know currently... but its a superb (sport) so to speak.. only 2 clubs in Dublin and one in Waterford so far... Its massive in USA, Australia and around Europe.

Its reminds me of a team sport but doing gym workouts...

http://www.crossfit.com/cf-info/what-crossfit.html

info here from the Official Site of the sport,

took a tour in Goldstone Gym there and thae place is much bigger than i thought. Hundreds of machines and real fancy looking equipment machines weights and a cardio sutff realy impressive, all brand New ! .. No pool but ive been in knigfisher two years now and never use it, i like the classes and the t/mill and cross trainer...

Jan deal on there. i've arranged to join up with me friend and her sister they have a deal wit 3 people joining together 315 ea for the year and no extra cost for classes.. ill be saving a fortune alone with that!

realy excited now, cant wieght to get started, the guy there wes realy nice so i think i will give the weights this time around...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Dan133269

took a tour in Goldstone Gym there and thae place is much bigger than i thought. Hundreds of machines and real fancy looking equipment machines weights and a cardio sutff realy impressive, all brand New ! .. No pool but ive been in knigfisher two years now and never use it, i like the classes and the t/mill and cross trainer...

Jan deal on there. i've arranged to join up with me friend and her sister they have a deal wit 3 people joining together 315 ea for the year and no extra cost for classes.. ill be saving a fortune alone with that!

realy excited now, cant wieght to get started, the guy there wes realy nice so i think i will give the weights this time around...

Do you work for Goldstone gym? :)

na :-(

wouldent mind gettin paid to go to the gym and have a nice relaxed social type job. dont think it would pay my mortgage ? ?
    im in the banking business which isent much fun these days!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 403 ✭✭Mysterious&Shy

My Fiance and I also joined this yesterday and I must say that I love it!Fab place!

Advertisement