Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reccomend a travel agent in cork

Options
  • 30-12-2010 9:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭

Looking for a good travel agent on the southside or city centre of cork, looking to do something different a week long break in asia or USA im tempted to just book direct online but wouldnt mind using a travel agent if price was near enough just for peace of mind in case of changing date etc could be handy ? any reccomendations?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭reic

J. Barters? On Patrick Street, Near Spectra.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭midgej

I used to work in the travel industry in Cork for many years, the ones I would recommend most would be Cork based Travel Counsellors (home travel workers) Sarah Mc Carthy or Mary Foyle http://www.travelcounsellors.ie/ or alternatively if going for a city centre agency I'd go for Heffernans Travel on Pembroke St (at the side of the GPO).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

booked our honeymoon (few years ago now) with Heffernans and while everything was fine we had a terrible flight home and I wrote a letter to Heffernans, never received a reply. Bad form I felt. Note: this was in the Douglas shop (which is now closed).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 hill1

try trailfinders in city center, I have used them for a few trips and find that they are very good and their price is always better then I can get myself on line.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

Looking for a good travel agent on the southside or city centre of cork, looking to do something different a week long break in asia or USA im tempted to just book direct online but wouldnt mind using a travel agent if price was near enough just for peace of mind in case of changing date etc could be handy ? any reccomendations?

I would just check to make sure that they have a phone number during evening and weekend hours in case of emergency. If you are travelling on the west coast of the US and something goes wrong the office here would be closed for the day as you are getting up for the morning due to the 8 hour time difference.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,002 ✭✭✭opus

hill1 wrote: »
    try trailfinders in city center, I have used them for a few trips and find that they are very good and their price is always better then I can get myself on line.

Had the same experience myself organising a trip to Vietnam this year with Trailfinders, very easy to deal with as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭curly from cork

i like dawson travel myself. princes street, upstairs over cummins.

Advertisement