Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another THANKS question?

Options
  • 30-12-2010 10:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭

When you look at a poster's stats and check their threads that were thanked by others is there a way of seeing how many thanks each post got without having to click on the actual link to find out? For example could there be a number of thanks received in brackets beside each link that got thanked?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭dashboard_hula

m.boards.ie will list the number of thanks beside the post name, but i've never tried looking up a users profile through the mobile version so i'm not sure if you can browse to the threads by user, if that makes sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,206 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

regular boards does a count now as well. not sure when that happened, but thanks for that post_thanks.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Nolanger wrote: »
    When you look at a poster's stats and check their threads that were thanked by others is there a way of seeing how many thanks each post got without having to click on the actual link to find out? For example could there be a number of thanks received in brackets beside each link that got thanked?

No, but I thought that would a great feature also.

As sometimes when you check thanks, you get disappointed when you click and see it only got the one 'thanks'.

Your suggestion would save users the inevitable disappointment of having that happen to them, as they would be able to see just how many 'thanks' each of their posts has received without having to click on the post.

I for one notice that on days when I receive the most 'thanks', I feel better about myself in general, much more than I would say after an episode of Oprah Winfrey for example.

My goal is to receive as many 'thanks' as Dr.Bollocko.

Setting myself a high bar I know, but I will do it, you just wait and see if I don't.

Advertisement