Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eircom phone wire pulled out..help

Options
  • 30-12-2010 10:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

hi. if anyone knows how to fix this, I would appreciate it..to cut a long story short..the wires connecting the phone plug to the wall was ripped out and the box connected to the phone was thrown away in error (carpenter did it..lol)
    I bought a new box from the co-op for the phone to go in (the colours in the box is red,green, yellow and black)..the wires to connect to the box is blue, orange, blue with small grey lines and the last wire is white with small blue lines. The box from the wall is white,green,orange and black.
    Can anyone explain how to wire all the colours please..i am desperate..thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Shane O' Malley

tiredmum wrote: »
    hi. if anyone knows how to fix this, I would appreciate it..to cut a long story short..the wires connecting the phone plug to the wall was ripped out and the box connected to the phone was thrown away in error (carpenter did it..lol)
    I bought a new box from the co-op for the phone to go in (the colours in the box is red,green, yellow and black)..the wires to connect to the box is blue, orange, blue with small grey lines and the last wire is white with small blue lines. The box from the wall is white,green,orange and black.
    Can anyone explain how to wire all the colours please..i am desperate..thanks

Someone will probably give you a better answer but you only need two of the wires.

I had a similar problem and just used trial and error to get the dial tone.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 cableguynick

Ok
    The easiest way to fix this problem is as follows.
    remove the cover from the new socket (the one you bought in the co-op)
    plug the telephone into this socket.
    now the line telephone line has only to wires that are used, these should be connected onto the red and green wires in the socket (the yellow and black are not used)
    because you do not know which wires are active on the incomming telephone line you will have to try different combinations accross the red and green terminals on the new socket.
    my suggestion is to try each combination in turn until you get a dial tone.
    hope this helps ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 40 tiredmum

Thank you so much for the advice. I am glad to report that I finally figured it out with your help. I pray that it won't happen again..will have to take a pic of the wires just in case!! Once again, thanks a million:D

Advertisement