Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Republican or Democrat

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Can you guess which type of libertarian I am? :cool:

The last one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

Folks, we are still awaiting orourkeda response as to why Obama is ****... in his own words... he could just be lazy though... pointing us to stupid websites and youtube videos... I for one want to hear why from the horses mouth :eek:

You didnt watch the video. It lasts two hours. To call something stupid that you haven't watched is "stupid".

OctavarIan wrote: »
    I'm about as anti-capitalist as they get, but I've watched this before and it's pure tripe of the highest order.

Why?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭bobblepuzzle

orourkeda wrote: »
    You didnt watch the video. It lasts two hours. To call something stupid that you haven't watched is "stupid".

Whatever, just explain to us why Obama is ****... your contribution to this thread has been tripe, redeem yourself! TELL US

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

I'm convinced orourkeda is trolling now. Ignoring all other posts with information and replying to the ones that he cam made a stupid comeback to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

jd007 wrote: »
    Hey leave the Polish out of this!! :mad: :pac:

Get back to Poland you Slavic Untermenschen!
    :P

OisinT wrote: »
    I'm convinced orourkeda is trolling now. Ignoring all other posts with information and replying to the ones that he cam made a stupid comeback to.

Firstly did Barack Promise to close Guantanamo Bay within one year of taking office?

Firstly did Barack Promise to close Guantanamo Bay within one year of taking office?

Yes he did, what is your point?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

Neither.

Republican and Democrats are all the same.
    Just an illusion created to make people feel they have a choice.

• Advertisement

yes he said it in his first week in office. There have been delays (mainly objections from republicans) which made them miss the January 2010 deadline, but many prisoners have seen trials or been moved.

Yes he did, what is your point?

He failed. That was one of the first promises he broke. He may close it but he explicitly stated that it would be closed within 12 months of his taking office

He failed. That was one of the first promises he broke. He may close it but he explicitly stated that it would be closed within 12 months of his taking office

Is this your only take on Obama? Please humour us with more...

yes he said it in his first week in office. There have been delays (mainly objections from republicans) which made them miss the January 2010 deadline, but many prisoners have seen trials or been moved.

So thats one promise he failed to deliver on. A prerry prominent tenet to his campaign

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 5,620 ✭✭✭El_Dangeroso

The last one.

How very dare you.

Did he say that he would have troops out of Iraq by the end of march 2009?

Then it was delayed to Aug 2010

Now its the end of 2011

• Advertisement

we want the dirt on Obama orourkeda

No...

we want the dirt on Obama orourkeda

I've given you some examples and you continue to condescend.

I've given you some examples and you continue to condescend.

You have given two examples, both of which can't stand up to scrutiny

No...

It changed to ending their combat mission in August 2010. Another failure.

Now it's December 2011. Let's hope he gets it right this time

• Advertisement

You have given two examples, both of which can't stand up to scrutiny

He clearly stated that he would close Guantanamo within a year.

He didn't.

How very dare you.

Don't deny it.

He inherited this ****e from the previous administration... stop being a dick

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 5,620 ✭✭✭El_Dangeroso

Don't deny it.

I shall not entertain such a besmirchment upon my character, you pup.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

Poll needs a 'neither' sort of option.

Many Democrats are pretty reasonable centrists, like many Republicans are. The problem is that you have people like Pelosi in prominent positions on one side, and people like Palin in prominent positions on the other. Getting all the news, setting the course, and those of us in the hold are just along for the ride.

I don't have much problem with Libertarians as a concept. Too many people seem to confuse Liberterianism with Anarchism. Just because they stress individual liberties, responsibility and a smaller government doesn't mean to say they espouse 'every man for himself' and no government role.

True, but the fact that there was a bit of a war going on in Afghanistan should not have come as a surprise to him when he made initial pronouncements. I will grant Obama credit for flexibility: When he realised after walking into the Oval Office that the real situation was not what it looked like before he got into the Oval Office (on a number of things, not just Afghanistan or Iraq), he took a step back, re-evaluated, and changed course. That takes a bit more courage than just sticking to what was said on the campaign trail, even though it gives ammunition to be used against him (by both sides) in the re-election campaign.

NTM

I shall not entertain such a besmirchment upon my character, you pup.

I'll pup you in a minute, you reefer toking blockhead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Up de Barrs

Pro Choice Republican.

Yes we know. This war was going on when he was running for president. He should have thought about this before he started making promises he couldnt keep.

We dont need to resort to petty name calling now do we?

I think you're referring to Iraq - which was a success. The combat mission in Iraq is over.

Afghanistan was never going to be that easy.

Yes we know. This war was going on when he was running for president. He should have thought about this before he started making promises he couldnt keep.

We dont need to resort to petty name calling now do we?

OK, apart from the war in Iraq, why do you think he is a **** president? No more bull**** from you now

• Advertisement

OK, apart from the war in Iraq, why do you think he is a **** president? No more bull**** from you now

President Obama ws credited recently with the repeal of the don't ask dont tell laws why hasnt he extended this to civilian same sex couples?

They still dont have equality on things like adoption and he promised that he would put pressure on states to imrove this.

President Obama ws credited recently with the repeal of the don't ask dont tell laws why hasnt he extended this to civilian same sex couples?

They still dont have equality on things like adoption and he promised that he would put pressure on states to imrove this.
    There is no such thing as don't ask, don't tell for civilians :confused:

There is no such thing as don't ask, don't tell for civilians :confused:

I understand that but what about adoption rights.

Some Civilian same sex couples would perhaps like to adopt children but do not have equality. This is something that the president promised to address

I understand that but what about adoption rights.

Some Civilian same sex couples would perhaps like to adopt children but do not have equality. This is something that the president promised to address
    The two are totally unrelated.

Adoption rights have nothing to do with Obama. They are varied state to state and AFAIK there is no federal law on adoption.

The two are totally unrelated.

Adoption rights have nothing to do with Obama. They are varied state to state and AFAIK there is no federal law on adoption.

I know they are unrelated.

I'm asking why didnt the president didnt make good on his promise to pressure states into reviewing their position on adoption for same sex couples.

There was a lot of media attention given to one but not the other over the last week or two.

I know they are unrelated.

I'm asking why didnt the president didnt make good on his promise to pressure states into reviewing their position on adoption for same sex couples.

There was a lot of media attention given to one but not the other over the last week or two.
    He is putting pressure on them, part of the reason he's so unpopular at the moment in the red states.

He is putting pressure on them, part of the reason he's so unpopular at the moment in the red states.

He said that he would use "bully tactics" to urge states to treat same-sex couples with full equality in their family and adoption laws. Something he hasnt done with any conviction despite being presented with several opportunitites. Several states have leagalised same sex marriage\partnerships which would have provided the perfect opportunity to follow through on his initial promise.

He said that use bully tactics to urge states to treat same-sex couples with full equality in their family and adoption laws. Something he hasnt done with any conviction despite being presented with several opportunitites.
    I'm pretty sure he never said he would use bully tactics to do anything of the sort.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Mrmoe

Poll needs more Kang and Kodos.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,925 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

May I ask why? Don't know a lot about them, apart from the fact that they're popular with young gun-owners and "pot" smokers.
    Don't get me wrong, theres certain things I like about Republicans and Democrats alike, but Civil Liberties are Civil Liberties. DC has no place imposing morality on someone's gay neighbors or a pregnant teen or the neighborhood pothead or the homeschooling parents. It also has no business running the most notorious pyramid scheme in history*.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Magic Eight Ball

Mrmoe wrote: »
    Poll needs more Kang and Kodos.

Poll needs 'Jedi'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,594 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

We get it you're an Obama lover, he's a Obama hater.

We get it you're an Obama lover, he's a Obama hater.
    Not believing crazy right wing nonsense is not exactly being an Obama lover.

I'm not an Obama lover, but you have to look objectively at what was done and what was not done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

Two sides of the same coin, like FF & FG here, the Federal Reserve runs American everyone knows that

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭RichieC

They're all a bunch of wasters, who am I more comfortable with having all those nukes, well, the democrats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,594 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

Not believing crazy right wing nonsense is not exactly being an Obama lover.

I'm not an Obama lover, but you have to look objectively at what was done and what was not done.

Agreed believing the crazy left wing nonsense does.

Agreed believing the crazy left wing nonsense does.
    oh god...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Obama is maintaining the proud Presidential tradition of being truly ball-less when it comes to resolving the Israeli - Palestinian conflict. He promised.. "Hope"..."Change"...nah just shyte talk really.

Then it was delayed to Aug 2010

Now its the end of 2011

Have you forgotten how they came to be there in the first place?

• Advertisement
Advertisement