Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gourmet Burger

Options
  • 30-12-2010 10:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭

Was in Whitewater today and decided to try Gourmet Burger when we finished. Eight of us arrived there about 3ish to a restaurant that wasnt that busy , only to be told they could they could give us two seperate tables of four. Now im no manager or anything but common sense would tell me just twist two tables together. Hence we went over to Judge Roy Beans across the road, which was fabulous as usual. Now dont get me wrong but 8 people ordering 8 burgers at €10 on average , is nothing to be sneezed at , and thats without starters or desserts.
    Just looking for your opinions - is it bad management or could the staff not be arsed.

Pity cause we heard great reviews about the place but wont be giving it a second chance.:mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Rockery Woman

When the staff mentioned the tables for 4 did anyone in your group say anything to the staff or did ye just leave?

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭dave45dave

Well it should have been obvious that we all wanted to sit together. They asked if we wanted two seperate tables and we said no.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

They were doing their best to accommodate you. Anything over 6 people is considered to be a big party and would usually have to wait longer for a table.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Prenderb

lizt wrote: »
    They were doing their best to accommodate you. Anything over 6 people is considered to be a big party and would usually have to wait longer for a table.

Agreed, but it's a quiet restaurant generally, and I'm surprised that they wouldn't just move 2 tables together.

Great burgers and fries though.

lizt wrote: »

There was plenty of tables free , beside each other. I think its just laziness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

dave45dave wrote: »
    There was plenty of tables free , beside each other. I think its just laziness.

Ah ok, didn't get that bit from the first post.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,842 ✭✭✭shinikins

You'd actually have to pull 3 tables together to seat 8 people, and perhaps they're extremely heavy tables, as was the case in a restaurant i worked in once upon a time. There may not have been the staff available to complete this and serve the other customers at the same time.

shinikins wrote: »
    You'd actually have to pull 3 tables together to seat 8 people, and perhaps they're extremely heavy tables, as was the case in a restaurant i worked in once upon a time. There may not have been the staff available to complete this and serve the other customers at the same time.

Was there a part of my post you missed when i said they offered us two seperate tables of four

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,754 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

That's disappointing to hear OP.:( I've been a number of times to GBK and I've always been impressed by their food. The service is okay but the food makes up for the service.

Perhaps with large groups of 6 or more it's best to phone in advance?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,842 ✭✭✭shinikins

dave45dave wrote: »
    Was there a part of my post you missed when i said they offered us two seperate tables of four

:confused: No, i saw that quite clearly, so i don't see what your point is.

If you think about it, two table that each seat 4 are pulled together, your going to lose one seat on each table as they are pushed together, so you need to add a third table to the end. Now dragging tables around a restaurant by yourself is no easy feat, especially if there are limited staff available, there has to be at least one member of staff to serve the other customers already seated. if those tables are heavy then one member of staff is not going to be able to do that by themselves.

I'm just trying to point out to you that maybe pulling tables together wouldn't make sense if there were only a few staff working, any GBK i've eaten in only ever have 2 staff on the floor. And any restaurant i worked in would ask for large groups to wait until they can be accomadated if they haven't booked. Nothing to do with "laziness"

• Advertisement
Advertisement