Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Video on Nikon D700?

• 30-12-2010 11:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭

Had a discussion today with a friend as to whether the Nikon D700 has built in video recording?

Can anyone confirm if it does or does not? Thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,264 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

it doesn't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭one2one

Thanks.

I love when I'm right! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

He was probably getting mixed up with the D7000, that has full HD video recording.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,966 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

I'm sure the successor to the D700 will have video in it and that annoys me. All the money thrown into adding video recording and other features that noone actually wants in an slr, when what we actually need is stuff like more dynamic range.

Does the D7000 have the weird wobbly video effect that the D90 does?

No idea really, I got a D90 recently, and I've used the video once. Just to check it out. It's there, if you ever do want to do something with it, but you definitely need a tripod and constant cuts instead of panning. Having to MF every time you move is a pain in the hole, I know the D7000 has CAF but you can hear it whirring, from the clips 've seen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭.Longshanks.

For perfectly smooth manual focus video with a DSLR you need something like this

dolly_partbig(3).jpg

dolly_partbig(2).jpg

dolly_partbig(5).jpg

Costs a fortune!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

features that noone actually wants in an slr

This is very untrue.
    Does the D7000 have the weird wobbly video effect that the D90 does?

All dslr's have it, but apparently the D7000 is quite good for it, and it can be managed by reducing the speed of your pans.
    I know the D7000 has CAF but you can hear it whirring, from the clips 've seen.

This is why you get an external mic.

It's a pity the D90 doesn't have that option. Can't ever see me doing much video really, just clips of the kids for future embarrassment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,852 ✭✭✭Hugh_C

Personally I can't wait for the d700 successor which will, I hope, shoot 1080p or i. I've heard that it might be spring 2011 but who knows?

There is a vast amount of stuff being shot on a professional basis on the 5D these days, the results are pretty great until you move the camera, but there are tricks for smoothing out the picture a bit (shoot i as opposed to p, deinterlace etc). I think Nikon should come to the market with something capable of full frame and video (D700s?) but isn't part of the D3 family.

Time will tell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Kbeg3

Hugh_C wrote: »
    Personally I can't wait for the d700 successor which will, I hope, shoot 1080p or i. I've heard that it might be spring 2011 but who knows?

There is a vast amount of stuff being shot on a professional basis on the 5D these days, the results are pretty great until you move the camera, but there are tricks for smoothing out the picture a bit (shoot i as opposed to p, deinterlace etc). I think Nikon should come to the market with something capable of full frame and video (D700s?) but isn't part of the D3 family.

Time will tell.

I feel exactly the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 293 ✭✭cram1971

I have a D700 it doesnt have video recording but is can be done

http://nikonrumors.com/2009/01/27/nikon-d700-video-2.aspx

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

i just want a d700 replacement so i can buy a d700 cheaper, damn thing is going up in price last year or so...

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Cosmo K

i just want a d700 replacement so i can buy a d700 cheaper, damn thing is going up in price last year or so...

1695 for a brand new one form Holland:

http://www.fotokonijnenberg.nl/productlist/40488/spiegelreflex.html#?brands=&types=&stock=&kw=9128-4E696B6F6E2044373030&pricerange=-&pager=0&sort=rel&items=10

I have bought from them in the past, can only recommend them, very nice to deal with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

Cosmo K wrote: »

http://www.fotokonijnenberg.nl/productlist/40488/spiegelreflex.html#?brands=&types=&stock=&kw=9128-4E696B6F6E2044373030&pricerange=-&pager=0&sort=rel&items=10

I have bought from them in the past, can only recommend them, very nice to deal with.

Wow, thats a great price. € 1695,00
    Irish price : €2,390.00

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,966 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Cosmo K wrote: »

That's a great price, damn. Couple of hundred less than I paid only a few months ago.

Advertisement