Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Working in Park West - Where should I live?

Options
  • 30-12-2010 11:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hi! I am beginning a job next month out Kylemore Park West and I am looking for advice on choosing where to live. At the moment I have no idea if I should get somewhere on the red luas line, get the train from heuston or live within Park West itself. If anyone is familiar with the area or has any best suggestions for me, I would be very happy to hear from you?!! Thank you!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

I worked in Park West years ago, pre luas.
    Without a car it was very awkward to get to, the luas is a handy option now though you'd probably have to walk a little bit after getting off - probably not more than 5 - 10 minutes.

I was told at the time that it was the biggest business park in Europe, true or not it is pretty big and sprawly, lots of industrial estates and so forth. It didn't have a very high occupancy rate (commerically, 10 years ago or so), wouldn't say much has changed.

I wouldn't like to live there tbh.

Where do you live at the moment, do you live in Dublin?

• Subscribers Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Kylemore parkwest, isn't 'Parkwest' proper but is closer to the Luas stop at Kylemore so it shouldn't be too long a walk. Living somewhere on the red line would seem your best bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Not sure what the difference is between Kylemore ParkWest and ParkWest but there's a shuttle bus from Kylemore Luas stop to Parkwest.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Kylemore Park is a road in the old Kylemore industrial estate and it has South, North and West roads. i.e Kylemore Park West is just a road in the old estate.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 emeraldaisy

Thanks for the help guys! Yes that's true The-Rigger, I don't think there's much happening in Park West and even though its near work, its a bit too far out to live there, so I have dismissed the idea, cheers!

Yeah true it's more or less just the Kylemore Road rather than Park West. Its about 15 mins walks from the Kylemore luas stop which is quite good alright. At the moment I am staying in Palmerstown with a friend and it's only about 15 mins on the 18 bus so I might just live in Palmerstown. I'm also considering moving to Rathmines and getting the 18 bus each morning - but I hear it's fairly unreliable service from there.

• Advertisement
Advertisement