Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hexagon Extension -Sun Room

Options
  • 30-12-2010 11:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

We are thinking of adding a small sun room to our kitchen in hexagon in shape with double doors onto the patio with Slate roof. Standard 3bed end of terrace house unfortunately I don't have measurements but to give you an idea I want to put a 2seater couch on one side and comfortable 2 side tables on either side of the couch.

Also we have room under the stairs to convert into a WC the structure is there but have to allow for the water pipes to be laid. We are allowing new tiles form the hall, WC and the kitchen and the new sunroom. Can anyone give us an idea what this would cost. What can it roughly be done for. Are we just dreaming........

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35 foxylady5160

Its a relative small sunroom -extension just to give an idea. OUr back is roughtly 15ft by 20ft.(tiny)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

Firstly, it looks as though you will need planning permission, the sun-room extension will take the remaining rear amenity space below 25 sqm in area. Get a good local Architectural Technician to have a look at the job with you. They should also be able to give you a good estimation of costings.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 foxylady5160

THanks I will suss this out. We're just giving a rough idea without going major expense just yet. Its a case is it worth doing pursing. Like roughly would it cost about 12k compared to 30k. We're in 2minds or to upgrade the house. I'm trying to do a bit of ground work. So we would have planning to sort out depending on the size. We are looking to do possilbe a bit by direct labour or a builder. Anyone give us some clues here. We are for employing anyone that looking for work.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,716 ✭✭✭1chippy

its a hard one to price without seeing but your looking at 20 plus i would say for full finish .As i said i cant say without seeing but you'll prob need to dig up internal floors for wc for services. only a guesstimate

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭BERmad

If you make the sun room 10ft by 20ft there is no need for planning and it could be done for around 20k as stated previsouly. Its hard to give a price for the WC with out seeing the site.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭kinvara64

Have done a few in the past ! An easy rough rule of thumb would be 120 euro per square foot ! ie 10 by 10 = 12,000 euro

• Registered Users Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

Its a relative small sunroom -extension just to give an idea. OUr back is roughtly 15ft by 20ft.(tiny)
    That equates to private amenity open space of around 27.5 sqm.
    BERmad wrote: »
    If you make the sun room 10ft by 20ft there is no need for planning.......
    This statement is wrong.

The extension mentioned by BERmad is a 10ft x 20ft extension which equates to 18.6 sqm and the minimum remaining alowable open amenity space to the rear of a dwelling is 25 sqm without planning permission.

Advertisement