Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What to do? HELP!

• 30-12-2010 11:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

Im completely confused about what I want to do after school... I had my heart set on Occupational Therappy then i changed my mind to Primary teaching? But now im confused because I now dont know what to do.. I do honours Biology, home ec, Religion,english irish and spanish and then pass maths ... Favorites definetly would be Bio home Ec and Religion.. Any advice grateful!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭mulner92

Relax, put things into perspective, don't be worrying yourself to death. I know you mightn't like to hear this but if you repeated, you could sit back and assess what you would like to do. I repeated and it helped me out fine. Again don't panic its nothing to get worked up over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

You could take a year out to think about what you want to do aswell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 Ms Fluorescent

rather then trying to choose a career, how about finding out what interests you and what you like first. Occupational therapy is a great job, but it is hard work. Besides all that, you have to think are you a people person? both teaching and OT require you to work closely with adults and children. Being an OT may require you to work with people with disabilities and other vulnerable target groups. Look into these professions on a practical level first and see if what it entails suits you! You will find more information by just googling them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds1

Have you a good career guidance teacher in school? It's not that big a deal once you get the qualification. You could do a postgrad in either and then be both essentially.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Panic because you only have to 17 minutes left to fill out the CAO form which can't be changed once it's filled out.

• Advertisement
Advertisement