Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fancy birthday party - looking for a good venue

Options
  • 30-12-2010 11:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭

Friend is having a formal birthday party end of this year. She wants to have it in a nice venue, she was looking at the church, the morgan penthouse and the crypt in christchurch. That's all she can think of. The church is the cheapest they only charge for food so she asked me to check it out.

Anyone recommend anywhere in the city? It will be a formal event (suits and dresses) so she doesnt wants somewhere with a kinda blacktie feel to it, just not too shabby a place.

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭littleredspot

The cyrpt in Christchurch is quite expensive and they charge you the same hourly rate while you're setting up and also charge you for cleaners, looks lovely though.

The Vaults looks very similar for less money but you'd probably be next door to a club night and sharing their toilets.

No. 6 Kildare st is would be perfect for a formal party but I'm not sure of the prices
    http://www.numbersix.ie/Default.aspx

If money is not an issue you won't beat The Gravity Bar in the Guinness storehouse for wow factor.

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭T-rev

Found a good one, the Pillar Room in the Rotunda. Still unsure tho. Something a bit more modern.

Someone mentioned samsara in town. Gonna check it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭littleredspot

Was in the Good Bits on Store st yesterday. They have a lovely section which is free to reserve for parties. Stylish chairs and comfy sofa's, a bit like the gorgeous living room you've always wanted.
    There's also a very stylish newish nightclub where Spy used to be, under the Powerscourt Townhouse called Lost Soceity. Bit too Stylish for my liking but might do you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭bren2002

Function room in Fallon&Byrne is pretty good too, food's top class.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭Fudge74

The cyrpt in Christchurch is quite expensive and they charge you the same hourly rate while you're setting up and also charge you for cleaners, looks lovely though.

The Vaults looks very similar for less money but you'd probably be next door to a club night and sharing their toilets.

No. 6 Kildare st is would be perfect for a formal party but I'm not sure of the prices
    http://www.numbersix.ie/Default.aspx

If money is not an issue you won't beat The Gravity Bar in the Guinness storehouse for wow factor.

I second No.6 Kildare Street. We used this for a Retirement function about four years ago and people still talk about it. You bring your own caterers etc but the room is amazing. Defo has the WOW factor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭T-rev

SamSara is ideal but dont have the date I want!!!!!! Anyone know anywhere similar to this venue?

Advertisement