Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Three 3G outage?

• 31-12-2010 12:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭

Hey folks,

Over the last couple of days I have been unable to get a 3G signal on my Three mobile, all I'm getting is the "o" symbol on the network connection.

Is there an outage at the moment or is it just me?

(In Dublin City Centre btw)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭Mad_Mike

Well I'd imagine if it was gone for everybody for the last few days, this place would be full of people screaming. When you say all you get is the "o" symbol, what exactly do you mean?

What type of phone are you using?

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Faker74

I'm using an iPhone 4, the "o"o symbol I'm refering to appears beside the carrier information where the 3G indicator normally is, so on the top left of the screen instead of seeing:

"signal bars 3 3G"

I get

"Signal bars 3 o"

Not sure exactly how long this has been going on, my wife lost her phone so has been using mine in the mean time, and she is pretty positive she has never seen the 3G indicator, and we were in town together last night and I didn't see it any time I went to use it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

Go to settings, Carrier, wait for the list of networks to load. Select 'Automatic' not 3(3G) or 3. The network might be set at just 3?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭fbradyirl

The 'o' symbol means GPRS, which is pretty slow. For me it usually switches back to 3G within a few minutes of GPRS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Having trouble for the past two or three hours in cork city. I've never seen the data go down for so long before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭Tackleberry.

my mate is with 3 and his new iphone4 has zero network coverage for the last 2 days can't make a call at all...... anyone else in the same boat?? Co,Clare aera.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,325 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

for your mate to have no coverage would mean both vodafone and 3 are down at the same time, that very very rarely happens. If your make does a network search do any other networks show up, if not it's a fault with the sim or phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 656 ✭✭✭smokie2008

When did he ever say he was with vodafone??

smokie2008 wrote: »
    When did he ever say he was with vodafone??

3 are partners with vodafone, when you've no 3 (3G) coverage you automatically go onto vodafone 2G(GPRS), you phone still says 3 but your actually on vodafone.

If op's mate is in a 2G only area and vodafone is gone down that would explain why he has no service. A simple network search on the phone and you'd know. If no 3 network shows up then there's no voda or 3 coverage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 656 ✭✭✭smokie2008

3 are partners with vodafone, when you've no 3 (3G) coverage you automatically go onto vodafone 2G(GPRS), you phone still says 3 but your actually on vodafone.

If op's mate is in a 2G only area and vodafone is gone down that would explain why he has no service. A simple network search on the phone and you'd know. If no 3 network shows up then there's no voda or 3 coverage.
    That told me :o

• Advertisement

smokie2008 wrote: »
    That told me :o

:D, it's ok 99% of people don't know it either.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 uimhirahaon

Have had no reception since yesterday, turned off and on phone and got reception back. But it is a general bugbear I have with service providers in general and Three in particular and how unRonseal-like they are .. they definitely do not do what it says on the tin :mad:

Advertisement