Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is Drumcondra in the Dublin City Council area, or is it Fingal area? help.

Options
  • 31-12-2010 2:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭

I've looked but I don't yet know if Drumcondra is Dublin City Council or Fingal Co. Council??:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,662 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

pARTner81 wrote: »
    I've looked but I don't yet know if Drumcondra is Dublin City Council or Fingal Co. Council??:confused:

City...

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭pARTner81

thank you very much!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

City/Fingal boundary is up at Coolock Lane

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭bc dub

yeah afaik from santry woods onward is fingal

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

Well i'm in Finglas and i'm Fingal County Council for everything except water which i only found out recently. So not sure if there's a clear cut dividing line.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭ollaetta

City Council boundary is clearly shown here: www.dublin.ie/maps

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭snappieT

Well i'm in Finglas and i'm Fingal County Council for everything except water which i only found out recently. So not sure if there's a clear cut dividing line.
    You can only be in one afaik! Finglas is almost certainly in the City. Either you don't live in "Finglas" proper, or I suspect you're part of DCC.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,311 ✭✭✭markpb

snappieT wrote: »
    You can only be in one afaik! Finglas is almost certainly in the City. Either you don't live in "Finglas" proper, or I suspect you're part of DCC.

There are some overlaps in utilities, I guess it would have been difficult to split Dublins underground utilities according to arbitrary political lines. AFAIK the main city reservoir is in Stillorgan (DLRCoCo) but is operated by DCC.

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭stop

• Registered Users Posts: 7,662 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

The boundry has changed in the past, but they are not going to re-route pipes because of this...

• Advertisement
Advertisement