Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

price to fit prehung frame

Options
  • 31-12-2010 2:31am
    Site Banned Posts: 344 ✭✭

hello,

I am wondering cost to fit 11 prehung frames. Doorkits cam complete with locks hinges etc. Only need the frames installed. no archritrave etc. Old frames are out and new ones fit in at the bottom ok but are very tight on top so would need to take maybe 3mm plaster from each side of the door opening or would need to plane this from the top of the door frame. was quoted 660 euro plus 20 euro per day travelling fee from an unemployed carpenter. cash in hand. Is this a bit high?

Tks for advice

John

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭endasmail

maybe bit high alright
    3 or 4 days maximum
    going at his leisure
    wouldn 450 or 500 be plenty

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭SC024

johneym wrote: »
    hello,

I am wondering cost to fit 11 prehung frames. Doorkits cam complete with locks hinges etc. Only need the frames installed. no archritrave etc. Old frames are out and new ones fit in at the bottom ok but are very tight on top so would need to take maybe 3mm plaster from each side of the door opening or would need to plane this from the top of the door frame. was quoted 660 euro plus 20 euro per day travelling fee from an unemployed carpenter. cash in hand. Is this a bit high?

Tks for advice

John

Travelling money? Is he having a laugh Where are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,250 ✭✭✭Juwwi

Why not see what a self employed caepenter will do the job for.

Plenty of them out there who dont get the dole who would be glad of the work at this time of year.

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭reverenddave

johneym wrote: »
    hello,

Tks for advice

John

€50 each absolute MAX i used to charge €50 and that was 3-4 years ago at the height of the boom
    they are a very easy to fit and for the sake of running a planer along it only takes a couple of minutes i'd say about an hour and a 1/4 each aswell

its really only 8-10 nails/screws too, but getting frame properly level can sometimes be difficult especially on an old house

€50 each absolute MAX i used to charge €50 and that was 3-4 years ago at the height of the boom
    they are a very easy to fit and for the sake of running a planer along it only takes a couple of minutes i'd say about an hour and a 1/4 each aswell

its really only 8-10 nails/screws too, but getting frame properly level can sometimes be difficult especially on an old house

Who nails door frames nowadays? or 4 years ago?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭reverenddave

SC024 wrote: »
    Who nails door frames nowadays? or 4 years ago?

i dunno about you but i use one of these marvelous inventions

paslode-cordless-im90i-framing-nail-gun.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

50 quid for a legitimate tax paying chippy. Lad on the dole .. 30

they are so quick to fit

• Site Banned Posts: 344 ✭✭johneym

thanks lads for the replies,

the house is out the country in county galway

For Door Frames?
    i dunno about you but i use one of these marvelous inventions

paslode-cordless-im90i-framing-nail-gun.jpg