Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How Do You Do This Effect?

Options
  • 31-12-2010 3:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭

at 0:52 you have to be quick to catch it, but it's really nice! ive seen it done before and was wondering how its done in vegas? i know how to use vegas just dont know how to get that slide in in different parts effect!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

I'd presume it's done by simply taking a snapshot of the video at that time, then cutting out the bit you want to slide in in an external image editing program, importing that image, and then simply applying the slide transition to that piece to get it to do that effect.

Either that or it's some damn good usage of the video cropping functionality.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭shanec1928

more than likely that was done in after affects.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

I'd say AA too. Looks really good actually

• Registered Users Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭shanec1928

most montage makers use after effects cause of all the effects available instead of the limited ones with vegas

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

Thats just one of the hundreds of video transitions in AE.Its just a regular preset I believe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭IrishWelshCelt

i have AA but i just cant get the hang of it! i use vegas but might start trying AA out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

It took me about 8 hours to do my first 9 second intro in After Effects.Just keep messing around with it.I dont mean to be stubborn but its AE not AA.

Advertisement