Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A Sunday Night Out In Dublin

Options
  • 31-12-2010 3:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

I'm just wondering what places are the best to go out in Dublin on a Sunday night (not this coming Sunday night, it won't be for a few weeks yet) for 18-21 year old lads. Somewhere that plays chart music, r'n'b etc, and that will be occupied by plenty of women.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

I could be wrong but clubs have to stop serving at 1.30am on a Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

The only place open late will be Coppers, but that probably won't be to your musical taste. I was in there a couple of weeks ago on a Sunday (simply because I had a friend in town for one night) and there were still people paying to get in when we left at 1am so I'm not convinced it has to stop at 1.30am.

It was a bit of a sausage-fest that night, tbh.

I'd suggest something like Fitzsimons in Temple Bar for the good music and women then onto Coppers about midnight for late drinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭MyKeyG

Yeah if you got to coppers you'll score no doubt about it even if you have a face like a horses a**e pushing out a pigs head. Other thanthat you might try Tramco in Rathmines. I used to live across from it and if we were too lazy to bother going into town or even up to Roddys or whatever we would go in there. I can certainly gaurantee ladies but you may need to check ID lol. Ah no seriously though it's a bit of a college hangout on weekends or at least it was when I was there. Decent prices and lots of girls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Pygmallion serves til 12 or something and has 2-for-1 drinks. Tramco and Coppers are Sunday night clubs that will actually have people in them.
    EDIT: This coming Sunday will be dead everywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Nice one lads, cheers :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Pygmalion's deal is 40% off now, if I read correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

wool shed? It's coming up to superbowl season now so late nights of American football and specials on beers and pitchers! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭MyKeyG

wool shed? It's coming up to superbowl season now so late nights of American football and specials on beers and pitchers! :)
    Yeah and they do huge platters of finger food on the menu. Good call. Pity it's full of antipodeans:p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Does the Woolshed open late?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Bump ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

the portobello serves until half 2

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

But nobody's ever in it

Anyone have an update for this thread? I'm kind of wanting to head out tonight

I love The Globe and Whelan's on Sundays. Good buzz all round. The Globe usually have a band on too, from around 9pm .

• Site Banned Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭wixfjord

Anyone have an update for this thread? I'm kind of wanting to head out tonight

Mercantile might be a good shout?
    or The Bernard Shaw, always something going on there!

According to Facebook, D2 are starting Sunday nights for 'Service Industry' workers. Does that mean there will be hot Polish cleaners out?

Most clubs on Sunday nights are service industry anyway, like The Kitchen and Sin. Always loads of bar and hotel staff in them after the weekend shift!

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Hunter Mahan

Will Sin and D2 have a crowd on Sunday nights? What about 21? Does anyone have any recent experience?

• Registered Users Posts: 33 redcortina

Anyone have a suggestion for a nightclub in dublin that has a decent crowd on a sunday night?, Open to all suggestions what ever genre they may be.

Advertisement