Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Alleged Taxi Race Row

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 865 ✭✭✭MajorMax

Barack Obama is in his Arse the Most Powerful man in the World
    the JEWS who Control Obama, now they're powerful,, Obama's just a Dancing Golliwog Puppet Wheeled out to make the AMericans think they are an Inclusive society with the capacity to make 'Daring' choices.

:eek:

OutlawPete wrote: »
    None of the above contradicts what I am saying.

Of course a person can SOMETIMES be defined by their character, but on Boards.ie (thankfully) the rules here give users the benefit of the doubt that they are not defined by every single view they express and so we have the stance of attacking the post and not the user.

Whether you like it or not, you did.

Please pay very close attention to my posts:

Does that sound like I disagree with your description?

Hitler was a mass murderer and there can be no disputing that. As far as I know - the user you abused is not.

I just don't see the point in name calling when someone's views are better attacked.

Yours was, this ..

".. ignorant, crass, hateful, spiteful, dyspeptic, ill-educated, moronic, small-minded, red-necked little man!!"

.. is all personal abuse.

His comments were crass, hateful, spiteful, ill-educated, small minded and moronic - but to suggest that these words are WHAT he is, is personal abuse.

Oh please, you called him a "Red-necked little man" :p

Exactly and how could he.

Attack the post, not the poster.

If you think your way is better, go and have a browse around YouTube and see if you find any healthy debates.

Hitler was a lot of things but he wasn't a mass murderer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

MajorMax wrote: »
    Hitler was a lot of things but he wasn't a mass murderer

That'll go over everybody's heads in this thread.

gbee wrote: »
    Your analysis of the situation is in error. This was caused by the regulator who so tightly controlled licences that a Taxi Plate was worth a whole pension retirement plan and sold for hundreds of thousands of pounds in those days.

Foreign Taxi drivers are here partly because we had a mad man running the country and wanted a multi cultural society, we were forced to accept any baby born on this island as part of the 'Good Friday' agreement so the IRA would call a ceasefire in the North.

Massive social benefits and a no questions asked approach to any foreigner who turned up and a none exportation policy.

All the above added to the Taxi situation when the regulator then decided to open up the industry and issued licences for a fiver to anyone ~ this situation is still being addressed and it's only recently been recognised that 'English' and a 'knowledge' are essential along with everything else that's 'required'.

At one time the regulator took the view that foreign Taxi drivers would provide a service to fellow foreigners so many regulations were relaxed or not enforced, now that a substantial number of foreign workers have gone to where the jobs are, the competition for essentially the 'old' market is now emflamed.

It's always a bad idea to get your facts from "a bloke in a pub told me...."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Glassheart

what this also leads to is the fact that a lot of the old national stereotypes are very true to form.

Would you say it's true that we are all just a bunch of dumb Micks then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭curlzy

Hogzy wrote: »
    Local taxi drivers know the roads better than foreigners... That is a fact.

F*ck the racism arguement.

This is absolute crap. They all have to pass the same exam. Being black or white or yellow or purple has no baring on how good you are at driving and how good you are at memorising streets. Of course it's racism!!! Giving a job or sacking someone based on the colour of their skin is racism. Getting into a taxi or not based on the skin colour of the driver is racism. I'm starting to wonder if some people understand the word 'racism' :rolleyes:.

curlzy wrote: »
    Getting into a taxi or not based on the skin colour of the driver is racism.

So I look in and don't like the look of him ... I'll take another cab instead. You can't force me to take any cab.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

I'm afraid that until the TR etc. rescind their advice about not having to take the 1st taxi in a rank then it's always going to be open to accusations of racism, even if there isn't any!

But to put it into perspective, suppose you have a Q of 10 people at a rank and a driver pulls up and takes the nicest looking fare (physical or financial ) how many of the people that say they'd pick n choose their taxi would be up in arms if a taxi driver did the same with the customers?

And before you start I did say at a rank not trying to hail one in the street where drivers can indeed drive past you if you look in the slightest a bit of a risk

Spook_ie wrote: »
    a driver pulls up and takes the nicest looking fare /QUOTE]

OH but they do too. Now I know you said at a rank and you won't find that too much, but I've seen it happen.

• Advertisement
Advertisement