Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Grand Prix '11 in Spain.

• 31-12-2010 4:18am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73 ✭✭

Hey! Just looking for a bit of advice - mods feel free to move if I'm in the wrong forum.

My dads 50th is coming up and my mam wants to send him and my bro to the Grand Prix in Spain this year, he's been to ones in Shanghai and Indenapolis before so he know's the deal with them (I don't :o ) Just wondering how do we go about obtaining tickets etc do travel companies offer a sort of package? This subject is totally alien to me so I don't even know where to start googling things! Any help would be appreciated! :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭losthorizon

This is for Grand Prix of Spain held near Barcelona. http://www.circuitcat.com/_IwVH1wQDm1_KBIehBnNhFJl2B9jiaT6qSJtTxfEAfTM

Theres also a grand prix in Valencia called the European Grand Prix a bit later in the year.I havent been to either of them so I cant help you with where to sit. Have a look through the grandstands on the site map

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

Barcelona is by all accounts a great race to go to. A friend of mine was at the MotoGP race this year and said that it was second to none with great viewing areas and a public transport system that is integrated perfectly-theres a train station by the main grandstand.

You can buy tickets through F1.com or on the link provided above

• Registered Users Posts: 6 catch23

Hey MsDarcy, I was at the Barca GP back in 2008 and it was great. We went with the travel department, who do package tours so flights, transfers, hotels etc are included. It's probably a bit dearer than buying the tics etc separately yourself, but it does save a lot of hassle and you only need to worry about getting to and from the airport in Dublin!

The prices for the races with the travel department do seem to drop a bit as it comes closer to the race, so you might get 100 /200 quid or so off the price thats being advertised now - altho obviously you'd be taking the risk of it selling out. Price dropped year we went and I was looking at it last year too and it dropped as it came closer to April / May direction. Think we paid 500 quid for the whole thing, but you only get general admission tickets as standard (these allow you to stand on the hills etc to watch race and are perfectly sufficient for barca!) If you want a seated ticket for a stand, then prices get substantially dearer!!

Advertisement