Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Q

Options
  • 31-12-2010 6:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭

why do some threads have a pencil on the right hand side with a posy the is highlighted when you put the mouse over it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

bump

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

why do some threads have a pencil on the right hand side with a posy the is highlighted when you put the mouse over it?

It's not at all clear what you are asking.

Could you rephrase the question?

When I'm viewing a list of thread sometimes to the far right of the name of the thread there is a pencil icon and if i put the cursor over it, a random post shows up.
    Also are you on the radio?? :)

When I'm viewing a list of thread sometimes to the far right of the name of the thread there is a pencil icon and if i put the cursor over it, a random post shows up.

No idea. If you could post up a link to such a list, I could have a look.
    Also are you on the radio?? :)

No, I am on the Internet.

Tom Dunne wrote: »
    No idea. If you could post up a link to such a list, I could have a look.

No, I am on the Internet.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=7

See on the "are you hungunder thread" there is a pencil symbol under "rating". Just dont get what it is.
    Do you work in Radio ? :D

• Advertisement

Ah, where you see a pencil, I see a tag.:) Hence the confusion.

That symbol shows the tags for a thread. People can put in certain keywords on a thread so when somebody else does a search, and the search term matches the keyword, the thread will appear in the search results.

When you move the mouse over the symbol, it shows the tags for that thread.

(thanks to Saibh for clearing things up for me ;))

Oh cool, thanks.

Advertisement